Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tom Fellows
« Last post by ex coseley kid on Today at 06:45:32 PM »
If we had a decent centre forward (or one that wasn't constantly crippled) then you could easily make the case that he'd be nearing 20 assists this season. His delivery is constantly very good.

I reckon we'd have been top two.
Others may have the fee and celtic may want to sell for a fee and not another loan. We could be forced into corner, pay a fee or face the potential MJ goes elsewhere...

Then let him go.

Just because Pearce has managed to brainwash some to think that there is no transfer market beyond the UK, there really is.

We have to be extremely careful and very clever with
our very limited budget henceforth, and hopefully pick up bargains from around the world with a view of selling them for a big profit after they have proven themselves for us.

No more Grants, Zohores and Burkes.
Standaman can say it more eloquently than me, but I'm not sure how much of a market there is for any of these.

Swift is probably one of our better paid players and most Championship clubs won't be able to give him better, likewise he hasn't pulled up trees here so why would you buy him, particularly given his age?

Townsend is post-peak and will only decline. He's not reliant on pace but he isn't quick either, but with no back-up we don't have a choice but to play him for now.

Furlong, a couple of years younger than Townsend but probably not attractive to clubs better than us.

Molumby is a good age but limited as a footballer - I'd keep him if CC wants him. Only midfielder we have that can run.

Yokuslu is around 30 but imo is happy playing within himself in the Championship. His game isn't reliant on his physical attributes but his wages will be high. He's sellable and could have suitors, but does he want to go?

BTA - who knows. A striker whose best attribute is his work-rate. Reminds me of Shane Long in that sense. Probably not on high wages but question marks over Maja and Dike mean it would be risky to part with him, though I'm not sure how many Championship clubs need a non-scoring forward.

Ajayi - I can see him moving unless CC says he's a starter next season. Too old to be sitting on the bench and an international for a good team so will want minutes. Wages won't be an issue and his pace is an asset in the Championship.

Griffiths - Make a decision on him Vs Palmer. Is Palmer the no. 1 for years to come? If yes, Griffiths is wasted here and should leave. If no, get Griffiths in the team.

Taylor - next season is make or break. If he can't get into the team if/when Bartley & Kipré are gone, I don't think he will under CC

Swift’s age?  He’s 28 (ok 29 in June).  He’s at his peak!
General Football & Sports / Re: Boxing Thread
« Last post by liverbaggie on Today at 06:15:19 PM »
Hey Fritzl, i hope your not accusing me of jingoism.
I understand the art of boxing and in my opinion Fury is a better "in the ring he can work out how to win"
Hes a much bigger man
Hes the heavier man
Longer reach and stronger man
Light on his feet for such a big guy
A harder puncher
He will outhink his opponant and is a good mind games man
He will demolish his opponant by knocking him out
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Josh Maja joins Albion
« Last post by baggie82 on Today at 06:12:41 PM »
My problem with corberan in this situation he’s obviously heavily reliant on statistics from training monitors every detail of each player,so obviously players like assante fit his mould (work rate ,runs the press for 90 minuites so on )but actually is not a finisher and doesn’t even look like scoring !players like maja and Weimann bring them on for the last 20 minutes can nick you a goal in thease big games situations but he doesn’t trust them because the statistics aren’t what he would like ,in the end of the day it’s a game off football and we desperately need someone who can finish and putting maja or Weimann on for the last 15-20 minutes isn’t going to hurt !martin brought steward on who’s been out for the majority of the last 18 months and not for brilliant save from palmer he would have scored ,fine margins but to me it’s definitely worth the risk because it isn’t going to be a lot worse than what we have now

I think that is naive. Statistics include expected xG and finishing productivity. The coaching staff will be looking at everything, no stone unturned.
I wrote on here a couple of months ago that my preference would be another loan for a year with an option to buy.

We haven't got the money for a big fee, but it would be stupid anyway to spend millions based on a few months with us.

Others may have the fee and celtic may want to sell for a fee and not another loan. We could be forced into corner, pay a fee or face the potential MJ goes elsewhere...
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Mikey Johnston joins on loan (Official!)
« Last post by KYA on Today at 05:49:02 PM »
I wrote on here a couple of months ago that my preference would be another loan for a year with an option to buy.

We haven't got the money for a big fee, but it would be stupid anyway to spend millions based on a few months with us.
As you say we haven't got the money so it's unnecessary unfounded speculation, clickbait is all it is

« Last post by Fritzl Palace on Today at 05:01:35 PM »
Fury will knock him spark out

Not so sure, but I hope he does. Jingoism and all that
« Last post by Albionic on Today at 04:56:19 PM »
Usyk on points, better boxer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10