Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Our season ended last night because we lost to a better team that had better players and better squad depth, Bazunu , Rothwell, Adam’s ,Stewart barely got on the pitch over the 2 games and all would probably be starters for us as an example.
  There should be no recriminations,no vendettas against individuals we have gone from bottom of the league to 5th of 24 in a season and half mostly under the ownership of somebody that didn’t give a jot about us or the club!
Mistakes both individual and collective have been made along the way of course they have but some of the comments I’ve seen on the way back last night and again this morning are utterly disgraceful and disrespectful to players and management.
 As for the game itself at H/T I genuinely thought we may be able to nick it despite having been under the cosh for most of the half . Unfortunately one misplaced pass too many just after the break cost us dearly and put them in control from then on it was always going to be a struggle and so it proved . Reverting to the team that beat Leicester didn’t work because Southampton ere more of a pressing team than Leicester and didnt let us play out and get any momentum going forward .
Easy in hindsight but the starting XI wouldn’t have been what I would have started with but hey ho !
The close season could be interesting under new ownership and with many out of contract and a few more we’d probably like to move on so I’ll see you back at The Shrine come August , C’mon You Baggies !
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Grady Diangana
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 10:44:07 AM »
Says a lot Grady has kept him.out that role  or at least Carlos see's it like that.

I think Swift has been poor since his return more than anything. Shame as it's another square peg in a round hole
« Last post by Atomic on Today at 10:43:35 AM »
He was awful last night. I don't think that can reasonably be disputed.

Overall he has been better this season as that deeper forward than he has been out wide and his stats have been decent.

He's probably OK as a squad member but should he be a regular starter in a promotion chasing team? For me not until his ball retention improves. He loses the ball way, way too often at the moment.

« Last post by Dexy on Today at 10:42:44 AM »
Shame Swift suffered that injury really. He was doing well until then.
Says a lot Grady has kept him.out that role  or at least Carlos see's it like that.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by Dexy on Today at 10:41:06 AM »
Overall Carlos has done a superb job , now he hopefully has the chance to build his own side but that might be a step back to take two forward for a start and its not going to be easy to find the right players . The released list will be interesting viewing , I suspect he might offer deals to a couple of older players like Phillips , Bartley or even Reach .
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 10:40:58 AM »
I'm not sold on him playing behind the forward , not strong enough and too easy to rob the ball off by CM's / CB's much stronger than him . If he stays ai want him back wide left .

Shame Swift suffered that injury really. He was doing well until then.
An exchange between me and my mate who is a Saints STH:

Mate, the extra advertising boards blocking long throw run-ups around the business ends of the pitch are ridiculous.
I don't know if I'm appalled or impressed. Probably both.

We've never had those before lol "marginal gains". You put us under loads of pressure with those long throws in the first leg, barely any threat with the reduced run up space.

Cheeky barstewards  ::)
« Last post by Dexy on Today at 10:36:57 AM »
I'm not sold on him playing behind the forward , not strong enough and too easy to rob the ball off by CM's / CB's much stronger than him . If he stays ai want him back wide left .
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by Atomic on Today at 10:36:05 AM »
Corberan isn't perfect and I've stated time and again that he isn't the genius some of our fans make him out to be.  However, he's done a good job here and any suggestion of sacking him is in my opinion illogical.

I'm big enough to respect people's opinions and I don't like calling people stupid or mad or telling them to "give their head a wobble", that sort of stuff is immature and at 50 years old I know that everyone gets things wrong and no one knows everything. Opinions are opinions, everyone is entitled to them and no one is ever proved right or wrong until subsequent events provide evidence.

The club is stable and safe now thanks majorly to Shilen Patel arriving and early impressions of him don't point towards him seeking to change the head coach. I just don't see it.

Let's all (fans) pull together and back the owner, back the manager and back the club.
« Last post by jimmyj on Today at 10:31:23 AM »
Calls for him to be bombed out are over the top.
He's had his best season since he first joined us.

Fine he made a mistake last night, but the only reason he's getting pelters is because his mistake was punished. There were plenty more mistakes across the team that we got away with: Palmer tying himself up in knots in possession, Kipre scything through the Saints player in the box, defence getting caught playing out, our midfield constantly not seeing Wallace's runs. We're an average side playing above expectations, and Grady this season has been a big part of that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10