Author Topic: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester  (Read 430559 times)

addy

• Senior Baggie

Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester
« on: August 27, 2015, 03:57:27 PM »
Steve Madeley says Evans deal is pretty much agreed, loose ends just being tied up and should be our player in next couple of days.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2015/08/27/video-albion-close-in-on-jonny-evans/

Little side note, Madeley leaves the Express & Star tomorrow. Another decent local journalist gone.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 06:07:54 PM by Political Cake »

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 04:02:05 PM »
Steve Madeley says Evans deal is pretty much agreed, lose ends just being tied up and should be our player in next couple of days.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2015/08/27/video-albion-close-in-on-jonny-evans/

Little side note, Madeley leaves the Express & Star tomorrow. Another decent local journalist gone.

that's all the locals gone isn't it

just left with the guy at the mail who used to write computer game articles for the mercury writing negative pieces with no substance about the albion now.

and he's a wolves fan
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:13:55 PM by OldburyWBA »

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 04:03:23 PM »
I'm happy with that deal, for the right price he's a good centre half.

Providing we start integrating both him and Chester as our regular centre halves we will be fine.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:14:04 PM by OldburyWBA »
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 04:14:43 PM »
Welcome Jonny Evans or should I keep my mouth shut for 48 hours??

Why will it take 48 hours of he's signed  :D, So we are going to announce it Saturday night or Monday morning the excitement is unreal.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:14:14 PM by OldburyWBA »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 04:19:12 PM »
Hope this goes through, yes he has been caught out on big occasions, but he won't be playing champions league regularly for us (yet)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:14:23 PM by OldburyWBA »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 04:20:22 PM »
Has it been announced how much we have bid for him? Can't see it anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:14:35 PM by OldburyWBA »
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Watton...!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 04:58:28 PM »
Think it's a great signing of it comes off personally
Neil Clement: 300 Appearances spanning over a decade, a true Albion legend

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 05:20:08 PM »
27 years old. thought he was older than that, seems to have been aound a while. A good signing if it happens.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 05:31:05 PM »
Where have I heard it before that "Just a few loose ends being tied up"?
Oh yes... Frederico Fazio.
Hmm.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 05:45:48 PM »
Good signing in my opinion when it goes through  :D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 05:54:42 PM »
Good deal for £5m.  Much prefer Evans over Fazio.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 05:59:02 PM »
We've been closing in him for a few days, Express and Star went as far as saying talks were going well and they hoped to get a deal done by the weekend in a piece yesterday morning. Only surprise is its took so long to get a thread of his own started.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 07:44:27 PM »
Great to see a Jonny Evans thread, now let's get this one over the line

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 08:18:17 PM »
Really have mixed feelings about this and hope I am wrong but not convinced of his quality. Unsure about the integration as James Chesters seems to be behind Mc and Daws at the moment. Olsen is a Pulis style of player. Hope that Evans and Chester will be playing together by Christmas and be a great pair for us and I will happily admit I was wrong

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 08:29:19 PM »
 Johnny Evans is better than any other cb we have . Cant see many of our players with 3 (i think) league winners medals. My only concern about him would be his recent injury record. I just dont see why people wouldnt want him at the Hawthorns  :o :o
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 08:50:30 PM »
Johnny Evans is better than any other cb we have . Cant see many of our players with 3 (i think) league winners medals. My only concern about him would be his recent injury record. I just dont see why people wouldnt want him at the Hawthorns :o :o
A tad better than Long John Silver, me reckons.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »
My gf is a big utd fan so I end up watching 20/30 of there games a season on tv and a few live.

A couple of years ago he was in really good form and with Vidic Evra and Ferdinand at the end of their careers and Rafael still slightly raw he was comfortably their best defender. Never really did much wrong since then but has never really been considered a big enough name to be a regular started for Utd and in truth compared to players Like Ferdinand, Vidic, Stam etc isnt good enough to be a top 4 sides number 1/2 centre back.

However for us I think he would be a tremendous signing. With players from clubs like Utd I think there fringe players fall in to 2 categorys. The bang average ones made to look a lot better because they play for a top side (personally I've always had Fletcher in this category, Cleverley is another) and the ones who look average but are actually very good 2nd tier PL players, made to look more average because they are not as good as the players around them. Id firmly place Evans in the 2nd category. My onoy concern is that at £10m we are massivlry overpaying, not on ability but on his contract status, role within the Utd squad and that CB isnt a position we need to spend £10m on in my opinion with other areas needing adressing. However id the price of nearer £5m is correct its a no brainer move, especially is Lescott is going as he has played as the le centre badk for Utd. Saying that he will probably end up playing left back for us and all the above is irrelevant.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 09:05:03 PM »
Great post. I do think he will be consistent and a very good signing and don't be surprised if he is used at left back. Has played there a good bit for his country. He is fairly quick and reads the game well

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 09:26:42 PM »
Would be a great signing. We would have 5 centre backs which means we could play 4 across the back and one as holding midfielder.  :D

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 09:34:12 PM »
My mate is a United fan, and he's laughing his backside off.

Not only have we taken Darren Fletcher off them, now we're going to pay actual money for Evans.

They are two of the worst players United have had over the last few years, and they've had some duff ones. It's easy to look good when you have world class players around you, and Evans couldn't even manage that.

I remember the 5-5 draw a few years back - any time Lukaku ran at him, he pooh himself.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 09:36:49 PM »
That's him written off then and Fletcher is rubbish too isn't he. Man Utd fans think they know everything about football, arrogant twats. Give him a chance ffs

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 09:36:54 PM »

Not only have we taken Darren Fletcher off them, now we're going to pay actual money for Evans.

They are two of the worst players United have had over the last few years, and they've had some duff ones. It's easy to look good when you have world class players around you, and Evans couldn't even manage that.

I remember the 5-5 draw a few years back - any time Lukaku ran at him, he rubbish himself.

I dont know who I would rather have Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Bebe, or Darren fletcher????

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 09:36:59 PM »

I remember the 5-5 draw a few years back - any time Lukaku ran at him, he rubbish himself.

Yet somehow he played nearly 200 games for Yanited and won a barrow load of medals !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 09:39:17 PM »
My mate is a united fan, says it all doesnt it.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 09:40:31 PM »
How about we just wait and see ?.