Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 859011 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1950 on: November 03, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »
We weren’t particularly good when we were winning. You could say that masked t for a lot of people, or you could say those fans were fickle. Either way its getting harder and harder to defend now.

I wouldn’t mind if I believed in the process, but there’s no progression and no idea. We were getting away because of individuals rather than because we have ever shown any sign of being a good team.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1951 on: November 03, 2018, 04:39:13 PM »
Just remember we don't tolerate chat about future head coaches while we still have someone in charge
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1952 on: November 03, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »
Simply put, results are now starting to match performances. We have been awful all season, there is no progression that I can see, no apparent impact of our coaching, no changes to a system that is not working. I love Big Dave, but he is painfully out of his depth.

As with Pulis and Marco Silva, we have missed the boat for getting Dean Smith. Not looking to moot potential replacements here, by the way, just making the point that we have made a shocking decision regarding the managerial position yet again this summer.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1953 on: November 03, 2018, 04:50:14 PM »
Looks like the bubble may be bursting. I hope not, but this run needs to stop, and quickly.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1954 on: November 03, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »
He comes accross as a nice bloke. Is that good enough for us?

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1955 on: November 03, 2018, 04:53:38 PM »
1 win in 6. That is not good enough.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1956 on: November 03, 2018, 04:55:24 PM »
I really want him to do well as I love the bloke but this system just isn't working. Our passing is so rubbish and one-dimensional. Sidewards, backwards, sidewards backwards. He is out of his depth at the moment. I think it's been coming a long time though.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1957 on: November 03, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »
No Mears and Bartley. Field on early, Burke and Sako came on...(most people calling for that)Moore is really struggling but also maybe our players aren’t that good...

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1958 on: November 03, 2018, 05:01:26 PM »
I think it would be better if we end this early before things get ugly with DM

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1959 on: November 03, 2018, 05:02:11 PM »
Not good enough

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1960 on: November 03, 2018, 05:02:33 PM »
Like the bloke but the results are not good enough and don't look like improving.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1961 on: November 03, 2018, 05:02:56 PM »
No Mears and Bartley. Field on early, Burke and Sako came on...(most people calling for that)Moore is really struggling but also maybe our players aren’t that good...

Indeed they aren’t that good, what’s worrying is that the coaching staff seem unable to change the style of football to suit.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1962 on: November 03, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »
Just a matter of time before he gets deservedly sacked, clueless.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1963 on: November 03, 2018, 05:03:47 PM »
Simply put, results are now starting to match performances. We have been awful all season, there is no progression that I can see, no apparent impact of our coaching, no changes to a system that is not working. I love Big Dave, but he is painfully out of his depth.

As with Pulis and Marco Silva, we have missed the boat for getting Dean Smith. Not looking to moot potential replacements here, by the way, just making the point that we have made a shocking decision regarding the managerial position yet again this summer.

Sadly I agree fully, I think we have to look for a new manager.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1964 on: November 03, 2018, 05:04:23 PM »
Put Darren out of his misery
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1965 on: November 03, 2018, 05:07:23 PM »
Just remember we don't tolerate chat about future head coaches while we still have someone in charge

A rule which I abide by but cannot for the life of me understand. Part of the debate and rationale for sacking the manger is the potential replacements. So they go hand-in-hand. I'm quite happy to get rid of Moore and Rob Jones but can't think of anyone striking to get things right, hence we may as well plod along with the current team for the immediate future.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1966 on: November 03, 2018, 05:08:13 PM »
please go mr nice you havent a clue been very lucky up until now, take brunt with you aswell

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1967 on: November 03, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »
Time to make a change. If we’d appointed the current Villa manager back in the summer when we’d narrowed it down to a two-horse race then we’d be sitting top of the league now. We’ve gone for the cheap and sentimental option and we’ve got what we deserved. We haven’t played well in a single game this season, Gayle and Barnes have just been papering over the cracks. In our last 4 games we’ve been outplayed by 3 glorified League 1 teams and destroyed by a promotion contender.

If he’s still in charge on Monday then I give up all hope of promotion.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1968 on: November 03, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »
His post match delusional excuses will be interesting to listen to. You have to wonder if they practice passing the ball to each other in training as they are incapable of it during a match. The regularity that players mis-control the ball and kick it anywhere is mind-boggling. As it the lack of common sense on the pitch and decision making. Desperately missing Gayle and dare I say it Gareth Barry to move the ball around.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1969 on: November 03, 2018, 05:12:51 PM »
Who do we replace him with?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1970 on: November 03, 2018, 05:13:43 PM »
Who do we replace him with?

Not allowed to discuss this.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1971 on: November 03, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
Not allowed to discuss this.

I really wish the moderators would have a rethink about that rule, potentially a separate thread to discuss managers available like we do for transfers, so all names are kept out of the Darren Moore thread.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1972 on: November 03, 2018, 05:16:23 PM »
Too early to be calling for him to go in my view. He is under pressure now though I think.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1973 on: November 03, 2018, 05:19:29 PM »
Jones needs to go. When dm took over he kept the pulis shape but let us attack more whilst still being hard to beat
Jones is used to working with Martinez who plays 3 at the back and is a one trick pony which we don't have the players to do.
Saying that Moore signed mears and Bartley who are garbage.
Someone needs to be held responsible for allowing us to go all summer with no one in place to recruit players except Moore
Shambles and the owner doesn't seem bothered

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1974 on: November 03, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
He needs to change his spots quickly or we will need to change him. Leeds at home to come.

3 points thrown away today because they were awful and they didn't have to work that hard for it as we gift wrapped the goal and didn't have a shot on target. Poor tactics and subs again. The paper has fallen off the cracks
O Albion we love you