Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 859341 times)

Mo

• Junior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2800 on: February 04, 2019, 10:31:37 PM »
And do you know why?
On WM afterwards Moore said"new players can't come in to the match day squad straightaway, they have to spend time with the players and staff first and get to know them"
Not only concerned that this is like an FA version of grinder, but totally weird considering the last four signings
Holgate straight in starting
Murphy straight on bench came on
Montero straight on bench
Johansen......currently shaking hands with each player at the training ground and learning their tastes in music

A bit like his comment about always giving the kids a chance yet didn’t bring Harper on when four nil up at Rotherham away .

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2801 on: February 04, 2019, 10:35:04 PM »
To be fair what zippy has posted regarding Johansen is what Darren Moore said on WM after the game

Moore might be right, Montero & Murphy trained with the squad on Friday, don't know if Johansen did or not, but in any case he couldn't have been in the squad with Tosin.
It might not be possible for all three new loanees to play in the same squad.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2802 on: February 04, 2019, 10:36:28 PM »
Moore might be right, Montero & Murphy trained with the squad on Friday, don't know if Johansen did or not, but in any case he couldn't have been in the squad with Tosin.

Tosin will surely miss out going forward, having him and Bartley on the bench is utterly pointless.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2803 on: February 04, 2019, 10:38:02 PM »
Did you just break up with him? This bromance is killing me. As you were...

No, he dumped me  :D ;D :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2804 on: February 04, 2019, 11:06:38 PM »

Yes he did train on Friday same as the other 2 as there were photos of him in that session, so what Moore said makes no sense given they all joined the same day.

The odds are Tosin will be left out or should be given we have more than enough centre half cover.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2805 on: February 04, 2019, 11:22:08 PM »
Yes he did train on Friday same as the other 2 as there were photos of him in that session, so what Moore said makes no sense given they all joined the same day.

The odds are Tosin will be left out or should be given we have more than enough centre half cover.

What Moore says never makes a great deal of sense.

Tosin, much as I am a massive fan of his, should have been left off the bench on Saturday. I’d have started Johansen regardless of how well he knows the players, their wives, parents etc but at the bare minimum he should have been on the bench.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2806 on: February 05, 2019, 12:47:02 AM »
And do you know why?
On WM afterwards Moore said"new players can't come in to the match day squad straightaway, they have to spend time with the players and staff first and get to know them"
................Johansen......currently shaking hands with each player at the training ground and learning their tastes in music

He really shouldn't bother.

From what I've heard their general taste in music is pretty sh ite to be honest  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2807 on: February 05, 2019, 01:19:46 AM »
No, he dumped me  :D ;D :D

B*stard. Well I hope you're keeping the jewellery.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2808 on: February 05, 2019, 06:28:18 AM »
Brilliant
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Raymond John

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2809 on: February 05, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »
Appropo Darren's in-game management; apart from Sheffield Wednesday away, has he made game-changing substitutions/formation changes resulting in points being gained which otherwise would have been lost?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2810 on: February 05, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »
Appropo Darren's in-game management; apart from Sheffield Wednesday away, has he made game-changing substitutions/formation changes resulting in points being gained which otherwise would have been lost?

The issue with this is that that is the only in-game management performed by Darren that people can attribute to us gaining points, whereas there are so many instances where his in-game management has cost us points.

The Sheffield Wednesday one was bizarre because it resulted in us having about 5 central midfielders (or central midfielders in Darren's eyes) on the park and therefore you saw Brunt end up on the wide right (on a wing, where he should be) due to the imbalance and able to put the ball in for Barnes. The second goal was all Barnes and a piece of utter genius and majesty that can be but admired.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2811 on: February 05, 2019, 11:13:59 AM »

Well, that's the least I deserve considering the hell he put me through  :D ;D :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2812 on: February 05, 2019, 11:18:53 AM »
of the top of my head, Norwich away. Hal came on as a sub and got the winning goal. You could argue Bolton away too as Field replaced Brunt and got the winner as well.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2813 on: February 05, 2019, 11:27:01 AM »
of the top of my head, Norwich away. Hal came on as a sub and got the winning goal. You could argue Bolton away too as Field replaced Brunt and got the winner as well.
Villa at home , Brunt in the middle as sub feeding it out wide right which led to the second goal . Thats my favorite change anyway :D

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2814 on: February 05, 2019, 11:27:51 AM »
Impossible to say mate.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2815 on: February 05, 2019, 11:28:22 AM »
In all fairness there will always be issues with whoever is managing because we all think we could do better and would pick different players etc.
Darren is actually achieving better than I thought and that increases the thoughts that we could and should be in the automatic places. Over a season the league position tells a story about how a team has performed and usually a club's position reflects it's ability.
At times there have been tactical decisions that have been questionable and some starting line-ups are arguable. However we are still in the race and we should enjoy it whilst it lasts. - It could be a lot worse.
I play (or try) golf and it's amazing at how many club members would be the best club steward, green-keeper and secretary (in their opinion).
Let Darren get on with it, there's no way he would lose points on purpose and this is a big learning curve.
There are teams in this league - Stoke, Villa as examples who really thought they would be promoted. Imagine how they feel at present.   

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2816 on: February 05, 2019, 11:47:26 AM »
In all fairness there will always be issues with whoever is managing because we all think we could do better and would pick different players etc.
Darren is actually achieving better than I thought and that increases the thoughts that we could and should be in the automatic places. Over a season the league position tells a story about how a team has performed and usually a club's position reflects it's ability.
At times there have been tactical decisions that have been questionable and some starting line-ups are arguable. However we are still in the race and we should enjoy it whilst it lasts. - It could be a lot worse.
I play (or try) golf and it's amazing at how many club members would be the best club steward, green-keeper and secretary (in their opinion).
Let Darren get on with it, there's no way he would lose points on purpose and this is a big learning curve.
There are teams in this league - Stoke, Villa as examples who really thought they would be promoted. Imagine how they feel at present.   

I also play golf, & the difference between a very good club player & a professional is incredible, the difference between an average club player & a professional is insurmountable.

Think it's the same situation in most sports.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2817 on: February 05, 2019, 11:54:58 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of Darren Moore the manager. However I really do hope to be proven wrong in time. With that said, I don't think he did a lot wrong against Boro and poor individual errors cost us. 

Sadly, when not viewed in isolation I think we a failing to perform this season far to often. Earlier in the season we were clinical in front of goal and it masked those poor performances at times. 

The idea we should be happy because we arent as bad as Stoke or Villa is silly too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:23:31 PM by johnny Cash »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2818 on: February 05, 2019, 12:07:26 PM »

You only have to watch games live to see how formations fluctuate from one to the other.

I honestly can't be bothered to check back through team line ups, substitutions and their timings but I know that many of his substitutions have been fairly late on.

The fact that we've gained so many points from losing positions (or had at one point) and scored so many goals late in games suggests to me that yes, he has made changes to affect results in our favour.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2819 on: February 05, 2019, 01:22:31 PM »
Well, that's the least I deserve considering the hell he put me through  :D ;D :D

I must be a really nasty and intimidating so and so from behind a keyboard  :D

I would describe hell as what my Grandfather went through in World War II.  Fighting the Japanese in the Burmese jungle (hard to imagine what that was really like).

As agreed, now things are just fine between us.   ;)

It will be interesting to see what transpires (as an onlooker) when your pro-Moore views go up against the anti-Moore views of other posters.......

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2820 on: February 05, 2019, 01:46:20 PM »
Why do we have to split in to two groups Pro and anti Moore? Why don't we all get behind him and praise and criticise where neccesary?

There are far too many on this forum who get entrenched into their views they cannot recognise the differing opinion of another. They get that far entrenched that in staunch devotion to their opinion they either over criticise or over praise. This and the Chris Brunt threads being classic examples.

It's boring to be honest.

Lets praise Moore where he has done well (and there is lots) and criticise where he hasn't or can improve further.

Simple as that.

No need for petty groups where both fiercely air their opinions to mug of the opposing side from 5pm onwards every friggin' Saturday.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2821 on: February 05, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
Why do we have to split in to two groups Pro and anti Moore? Why don't we all get behind him and praise and criticise where neccesary?

There are far too many on this forum who get entrenched into their views they cannot recognise the differing opinion of another. They get that far entrenched that in staunch devotion to their opinion they either over criticise or over praise. This and the Chris Brunt threads being classic examples.

Lets praise Moore where he has done well (and there is lots) and criticise where he hasn't or can improve further.

Simple as that.

No need for petty groups where both fiercely air their opinions to mug of the opposing side from 5pm onwards every friggin' Saturday.

Totally agree, it does seem that any criticism sees you down as Anti Moore and any praise sees you the Moore lover !!

No-one is above criticism and as a new Head Coach he will makes mistakes but its how you learn from them that matters, repeating the same errors over and over leads to deserved criticism and what some fail to acknowledge at times it that criticism is not the same as abuse.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2822 on: February 05, 2019, 03:10:25 PM »

Simple as that.

Well said that man  8) .

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2823 on: February 05, 2019, 04:17:45 PM »

Simple as that.

Seems to be the way of the world right now....you have to be in one group or another, if you are in one group you have to continue with your view or you are kicked out of said group and into some kind of purgatory

Im very centrist in most things, happy to hear opinions, happy to debate, happy to criticise, happy to heap praise...all where its due

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2824 on: February 05, 2019, 04:45:24 PM »
Well said that man  8) .

Yowm bloody soft yow am !   ;)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!