Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 859420 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1250 on: August 28, 2018, 06:06:38 PM »
Like the sentiment but its naive in the extreme.
always been naive when it comes to the Albion let my heart rule my head when it comes to that lot :(

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1251 on: August 28, 2018, 08:52:04 PM »
Sad to say but i fear Darren is Jenkins puppet, cheap, grateful for the job and won't rock the ship. He will be discarded by Jenkins if we struggle, to deflect away from the real culprits. This was an old trick of Jeremiahs. I hope Darren is a success, he's a good bloke, but even if he takes us up how much will he be given to spend?

If he takes us up we will have had a fantastic season, scored lots of goals and see the team really come together.  I'll be too busy enjoying it to worry about next year (and lets face it we know the answer to how much would we spend).

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1252 on: August 29, 2018, 06:37:15 AM »
Sad to say but i fear Darren is Jenkins puppet, cheap, grateful for the job and won't rock the ship. He will be discarded by Jenkins if we struggle, to deflect away from the real culprits. This was an old trick of Jeremiahs. I hope Darren is a success, he's a good bloke, but even if he takes us up how much will he be given to spend?

In general I have never understood this criticism of Head Coaches and I have seen it from other club's fans. What does anyone expect? Public criticism of the board/ownership generally ends in one way and that is badly for the Head Coach. Even where it happens and the coach is in a strong enough position to not be fired e.g. Rafa at Newcastle it just creates a sense of crisis around the club and it changes very little.

Incidentally the one occasion where there was a major public falling out where the manager won the battle at West Brom was Megson and Thompson which ushered in the much maligned Peace era. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1253 on: August 29, 2018, 11:07:53 AM »

Covering every pessimistic angle...
DM fails - sacked.
DM gets promotion - WBA spends no money.
Can you just keep your negative prediction of what will happen next season (post promotion) to yourself, or better still insert some factual information into your posts?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1254 on: August 29, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »
Credit to Moore and Jones last night. They put out a side that were full of energy and fairly well balanced, giving a number of youngsters a chance in positions that they could thrive in (not counting Field out of position of course).

Also pleased to see him tweaking the tactics a bit by playing Burke as the loan striker, supplemented by 2 deeper lying attackers in Leko and Edwards. It gives us a bit more tactical flexibility if we aren't too dogmatic about having 2 centre forwards at all times. That was a good sign.
Boing Boing

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1255 on: August 29, 2018, 05:28:27 PM »
Credit to Moore and Jones last night. They put out a side that were full of energy and fairly well balanced, giving a number of youngsters a chance in positions that they could thrive in (not counting Field out of position of course).

Also pleased to see him tweaking the tactics a bit by playing Burke as the loan striker, supplemented by 2 deeper lying attackers in Leko and Edwards. It gives us a bit more tactical flexibility if we aren't too dogmatic about having 2 centre forwards at all times. That was a good sign.

Can't fault him onthe cup games we got through both times using very youthful players. We need to follow this up by getting some of them loan deals to further there development.

League games still going with the brunt Livermore axis which has had 5 games and failed in 5 games for me. Still doesn't know his best back 3. Also now having let nyom go we now can't play 4 at the back- nears will not cut it at this level. Also persisting with 2 up front every away game might not be the answer.

We can't seriously talk about getting rid of Darren Moore until after xmas. His brief would have been lower the wages and get rid of some of the deadwood which on the whole he has done
O Albion we love you

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1256 on: August 30, 2018, 12:33:48 AM »
Can't fault him onthe cup games we got through both times using very youthful players. We need to follow this up by getting some of them loan deals to further there development.

League games still going with the brunt Livermore axis which has had 5 games and failed in 5 games for me. Still doesn't know his best back 3. Also now having let nyom go we now can't play 4 at the back- nears will not cut it at this level. Also persisting with 2 up front every away game might not be the answer.

We can't seriously talk about getting rid of Darren Moore until after xmas. His brief would have been lower the wages and get rid of some of the deadwood which on the whole he has done
no that was Jenkins brief to cut running costs of club even to the detriment of playing squad. Darren is head coach and his brief is to get a team ready for league and Cup competitions even when board won't back him.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1257 on: August 30, 2018, 08:01:06 AM »
no that was Jenkins brief to cut running costs of club even to the detriment of playing squad. Darren is head coach and his brief is to get a team ready for league and Cup competitions even when board won't back him.
Freudian slip?

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1258 on: August 30, 2018, 11:57:22 AM »
Think that's been quite obvious when you look at the business this summer, every departure has been replaced with a similar positioned player on a lower wage.

Foster > Johnstone
Evans > Bartley
McClean > Barnes
McAuley > Tosin
Nyom > Mears/Townsend
Rondon > Gayle (not sure on the figures in this one but may be the only one that is close wages wise)

Just wanted to say that Krykowiack and Yacob have left without midifield replacement.  However, to balance that out I'd like to see one of Harper or Field get some game time.  From what I've seen of Harper this season (and Field last season - especially under Megson) I think they could hold their own alongside Livermore.

Mears isn't a signing that impressed me, but during the game on Tuesday he got better and looked stronger the longer the game went on.  He is cover only and looked OK. 

It's pretty clear that Moore is operating under a tight budget and Mears was a signing with the lowest impact on the budget.  So the question is was it done just to fill an absolutely necessary gap or was it in order to leave enough money in the pot for one more significant loan signing?

Jenkins statement about having significant funds was obvisouly based on selling players that we haven't sold, and was designed to appease and sell STs.  Normally clubs that are relegated have their most significant players picked off by PL clubs.  I think the lack of interest in some of our players has really surprised the club.  (Although I just read something about Chadli to Monaco, so maybe that's changed.)

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1259 on: August 30, 2018, 05:02:01 PM »
Just wanted to say that Krykowiack and Yacob have left without midifield replacement.  However, to balance that out I'd like to see one of Harper or Field get some game time.  From what I've seen of Harper this season (and Field last season - especially under Megson) I think they could hold their own alongside Livermore.

Mears isn't a signing that impressed me, but during the game on Tuesday he got better and looked stronger the longer the game went on.  He is cover only and looked OK. 

It's pretty clear that Moore is operating under a tight budget and Mears was a signing with the lowest impact on the budget.  So the question is was it done just to fill an absolutely necessary gap or was it in order to leave enough money in the pot for one more significant loan signing?

Jenkins statement about having significant funds was obvisouly based on selling players that we haven't sold, and was designed to appease and sell STs.  Normally clubs that are relegated have their most significant players picked off by PL clubs.  I think the lack of interest in some of our players has really surprised the club.  (Although I just read something about Chadli to Monaco, so maybe that's changed.)

I think the lack of interest in our players and/or the derisory offers made for them tells you everything you need to know about how good the squad TP left us actually is.  We may have been stuck with Chadli if he hadn't played those WC games for Belgium, just hope he passes the medical.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1260 on: August 31, 2018, 12:06:55 PM »
It's becoming increasingly clear from Moore's comments in interviews, team selections and transfer market priorities that he does not see central midfield as the key area in need of strengthening.

He has failed to identify that this is our weak spot, probably because of being too close to Brunt and Livermore.

Sadly, central midfield is the beating heart of any team, and this will likely result in us surrendering too many games to be promoted.

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1261 on: August 31, 2018, 12:20:02 PM »
He is coming across as the boards puppet. Didn't think he'd be a yes man willing to take the flak for the people who haven't provided the tools for him to do a decent job

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1262 on: August 31, 2018, 12:22:47 PM »
Thought he deserves his chance but clearly willing to put his personal ambitions before the club's welfare and go along as a yes man.

The fact he cannot see midfield as a massive problem is massively worrying

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1263 on: August 31, 2018, 12:28:42 PM »
A lack lustre performance tomorrow and I think the tide will start ebbing
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1264 on: August 31, 2018, 12:30:29 PM »

Really? When the last home league game fans were leaving gushing at the best performance for years, have we become that fickle?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1265 on: August 31, 2018, 12:49:52 PM »

Bloody hell have I stumbled on villa talk, on the back of a 7-1 home win, an unlucky last minute goal at the league leaders and a cup win.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1266 on: August 31, 2018, 01:01:40 PM »
If the club had any ambition whatsoever then Moore wouldn't have even made the managerial shortlist. I bet he still can't believe himself that he was given the job. Appointed to try and appease the fans whilst being a puppet that can be easily controlled from above.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1267 on: August 31, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
If the club had any ambition whatsoever then Moore wouldn't have even made the managerial shortlist. I bet he still can't believe himself that he was given the job. Appointed to try and appease the fans whilst being a puppet that can be easily controlled from above.
I'm woefully afraid I too am of this persuasion

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1268 on: August 31, 2018, 01:22:13 PM »

Bloody hell have I stumbled on villa talk, on the back of a 7-1 home win, an unlucky last minute goal at the league leaders and a cup win.

Ah yes, a 7-1 drubbing of one of the worst team to grace our pitch for several seasons.
An unlucky last minute goal against a team we were lucky not to be 3 or 4 down to before that lucky goal, and a sneaky win against a team lying 13th in Division 2.
Wow, your aspirations appear to match those of our owners.
Its the owners commitment that I find hard to accept not what's going on on the pitch.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1269 on: August 31, 2018, 01:29:07 PM »

Its laughable isn't it.

Let the team gel over the next month or so. If we're not top 6 and not putting together performances, then start to grumble.

I'm confident we'll be playing better and around the top come late October. If we're adrift of the top by January, then i'll be concerned. This degree of player turn over was always going to take a couple of months.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1270 on: August 31, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »
Ah yes, a 7-1 drubbing of one of the worst team to grace our pitch for several seasons.
An unlucky last minute goal against a team we were lucky not to be 3 or 4 down to before that lucky goal, and a sneaky win against a team lying 13th in Division 2.
Wow, your aspirations appear to match those of our owners.
Its the owners commitment that I find hard to accept not what's going on on the pitch.

We went in 1-1 with QPR at half time, we just blew them away in the second half, they only looked really poor after the 4th goal went in maybe it was our good play that made them look so bad.

Considering Middlesbrough only had 3 efforts on target they would have been lucky to score 3 or 4. We were poor in that game though but while they were the better team they hardly troubled us really.

Against Mansfield we played with a line up that had hardly played any football this season and featured 3 academy kids, Mansfield made 2 changes from their side that regularly plays together...and we still won.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1271 on: August 31, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »
We went in 1-1 with QPR at half time, we just blew them away in the second half, they only looked really poor after the 4th goal went in maybe it was our good play that made them look so bad.

Considering Middlesbrough only had 3 efforts on target they would have been lucky to score 3 or 4. We were poor in that game though but while they were the better team they hardly troubled us really.

Against Mansfield we played with a line up that had hardly played any football this season and featured 3 academy kids, Mansfield made 2 changes from their side that regularly plays together...and we still won.
Arnt our kids at least league 2 standard though and to be expected to perform adequately against their peers?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1272 on: August 31, 2018, 01:48:46 PM »
Arnt our kids at least league 2 standard though and to be expected to perform adequately against their peers?

yes and they did... we won!
 My point was that we put out a team that hadn't played together before with some academy kids that also haven't had much if any game time against a side that plays together regularly so know each others game.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1273 on: August 31, 2018, 01:53:18 PM »

Your obviously of the glass half full persuasion, nothing wrong with that.
Its a game of opinions you have yours I have mine.
Just for the record the BBC website stats say they had 4 shots on target, so they could have had 3 or 4 goals.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1274 on: August 31, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »
yes and they did... we won!
 My point was that we put out a team that hadn't played together before with some academy kids that also haven't had much if any game time against a side that plays together regularly so know each others game.
Fore that's the problem ATM,every game has been on the edge of your seat stuff,QPR accepted, and that just tells me we have a very soft underbelly that has not been addressed and will stop us beating bog standard teams in this league,January will be far too late to right the wrongs with inflated prices