Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 858815 times)

Cantello

• Junior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1125 on: August 18, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »
Big Dave yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!  :D

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1126 on: August 18, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »
Well done Darren Moore. That is the formation to go with from now on. Suits us much better.

We are definitely going to get bigger tests but that result will do the players the world of good.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1127 on: August 18, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »
Bet you're gutted you can't lay into Moore's intelligence... ;D

Well i could but you wouldn't understand it! 😅😅😅😅
Seriously I hope I'm proven wrong and today, although one game, has moved towards that.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1128 on: August 18, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »
3 at the back certainly worked as it did against Luton midweek. Just need to sort the centre midfield and we’ll have a decent chance

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1129 on: August 18, 2018, 07:14:04 PM »
I hoped that he would stick with 3 at the back and playing Barnes in the 10 role but never thought it would turn out so well. Delighted for Darren and his coaching team as he got that right. Okay we can quibble about central mid and I would also say looking at our distribution from the back that playing Field at Centre Back wasn't the worst decision.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1130 on: August 18, 2018, 07:32:17 PM »
What a result.

Getting the nagatives out of the way first, we reslly need to start to win headers in our box. So many goals being conceeded after the opposition play head tennis in our box. Dawson might be the answer.

Also a shame not to see Edwards and Burke getting time off the bench after their modweek performances.

Onto the positives, Moore realised the issues we were having the in the middle and has shaken it up in an imaginative, (and so far) very effective way. Who knew Barnes was not just an exciting wide man, but also a great central attacking midfielder as well.

The new formation gives us so much attacking threat. Chadli still to come in, Burke, Edwards, HRK (great scoring record under Moore), Morrison at a stretch and also Leko also, that's a lot of strength in depth in attacking positions.

Credit to Moore and his back room team, proven me and other wrong in the last 2 games. Long may it continue.
Boing Boing

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1131 on: August 18, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »
Wasn't at the game but seems a good piece of management bringing on Barry when he did. It's obvious Barry's not a fans favorite and he's also been through a very difficult time personally. If ever there was a time to re-introduce him it was today. Still a good player who could have an important role to play down the line.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1132 on: August 18, 2018, 07:56:39 PM »
Hard to criticise after such a big win but for me I didn’t see the point of bringing on Barry, Morrison and Kanu when we were clearly winning the game, surely some of the younger players should have got the chance
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1133 on: August 18, 2018, 09:14:08 PM »
Hard to criticise after such a big win but for me I didn’t see the point of bringing on Barry, Morrison and Kanu when we were clearly winning the game, surely some of the younger players should have got the chance

Your right nothing to criticize :)

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1134 on: August 18, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »
Big well done today to Darren and the team.

I thought first half was poor but had faith in the system and the way we were playing and it proved extremely effective in the end.

More of the same please! (But please, for the love of god, somebody sort out defending the set pieces...)

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1135 on: August 19, 2018, 08:54:07 AM »
Your right nothing to criticize :)
Use of subs is a totally valid criticism. It has been a weakness in every game. Not using the opportunity to give one or two of the younger players game time seems daft to me. (Particularly Fiekd). How on earth are we going to find out if they are good enough?
Oddly I thought two of the stand out performances came from two on loan younger players- what does that say about our much vaunted youth set up?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1136 on: August 19, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »
Use of subs is a totally valid criticism. It has been a weakness in every game. Not using the opportunity to give one or two of the younger players game time seems daft to me. (Particularly Fiekd). How on earth are we going to find out if they are good enough?
Oddly I thought two of the stand out performances came from two on loan younger players- what does that say about our much vaunted youth set up?

The substitutions yielded a goal and 2 assists... the young players got their game time in midweek.

Think it's time to accept they're unlikely to get regular league minutes due to the strength of the squad.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1137 on: August 19, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »

The substitutions yielded a goal and 2 assists... the young players got their game time in midweek.

Think it's time to accept they're unlikely to get regular league minutes due to the strength of the squad.
I agree that we have some quality options on the bench, especially the central midfielder role.
That's why I think Field should be loaned out, rather than stay here and play few cup games only in whole season.
The PRIDE of midlands

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1138 on: August 19, 2018, 11:19:31 AM »

Yeah but to be fair QPR fell apart after the forth goal.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1139 on: August 19, 2018, 11:23:36 AM »

Yeah but to be fair QPR fell apart after the forth goal.

Isn't stopping others waxing lyrical about Gareth Barry  :-X
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1140 on: August 19, 2018, 11:25:27 AM »

Isn't stopping others waxing lyrical about Gareth Barry  :-X

I know. I thought Barry did Ok but nothing special. I'd seriously worry about him against other sides he's painfully slow and he'll get over-run.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1141 on: August 19, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »
Poor subs every game ?

Only Bolton game for me. Bringing Gayle on at forest Gained us a point & we've won 3 others...

Experience sees out games professional.

Richardson was taking the **** out of Southampton yesterday 2-0 up then he got absolutely snapped in half.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:48:24 AM by Hull Baggie »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1142 on: August 19, 2018, 01:19:26 PM »
Best thing about today...

All those criticising DM can STFU !!! Love it. Back in your boxes boys. 😂🤣😀😎😋

Wait, that's the best thing about today? Not the fact we git our biggest win in a decade, the fact we have found a system that seems to unleash our biggest threats or the fact that we are now showing signs of being title contenders.

What you enjoyed most was the chance to slag off other fans?

Interesting way of looking at it.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1143 on: August 19, 2018, 01:24:46 PM »

While i'm not sure I agree, it is hard to argue with that. The subs were a success with Morrison and Robson-Kanu having an impact and it being the perfect chance to bring Barry in.

Maybe we just have a lot more strength in depth that we realise. Feeling more positive now that Barnes can play centrally, and we have a system that negates the need for a true right back (not to mention Phillips and Burke being able to play as strikers in this system).

Credit where it is due to Moore.
Boing Boing

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1144 on: August 19, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »
While i'm not sure I agree, it is hard to argue with that. The subs were a success with Morrison and Robson-Kanu having an impact and it being the perfect chance to bring Barry in.

Maybe we just have a lot more strength in depth that we realise. Feeling more positive now that Barnes can play centrally, and we have a system that negates the need for a true right back (not to mention Phillips and Burke being able to play as strikers in this system).

Credit where it is due to Moore.

One thing that concerns me. Had Phillips gone off injured yesterday who would've played at right wing back?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1145 on: August 19, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »
Folks much as I do not want to be a killjoy, lets remember that DM has said that he will tailor the "style" to the type of opposition. Yesterday was brilliant but if DM is good to his word, (and there is no reason to doubt this) we can expect a few less expansive games and 'boro away is likely to be one of these IMO
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1146 on: August 19, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
Folks much as I do not want to be a killjoy, lets remember that DM has said that he will tailor the "style" to the type of opposition. Yesterday was brilliant but if DM is good to his word, (and there is no reason to doubt this) we can expect a few less expansive games and 'boro away is likely to be one of these IMO

I agree and that's a good thing. Adjusting to nullify the opposition is a huge positive. Pulis will have Boro slinging everything into the box. We need Dawson in there.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1147 on: August 19, 2018, 02:08:40 PM »
Happy with result, system, player's and coaching staff but slight concern that younger player's didn't come off bench when let's be frank Qpr had given up. Yesterday would have been ideal for Burke to get a few minutes to boost his confidence. As for going forward agree with lots of posts that Dawson needs to be starting as he is our best center half and with regards to recruitment player's that Darren has identified need to be brought in

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1148 on: August 19, 2018, 08:10:18 PM »
I think Darren Moore deserves a bit of credit - he and the coaching staff have demonstrated in the last week or so that they can be football thinkers and are prepared to try something new. My fear was that Moore would have been stubborn and persisted with a flat 442, to the detriment of the players, but he showed his ability to mix it up and try something new and that deserves applauding and show signs of someone who is prepared to learn from his mistakes.

The formation that we have seen in the last two football matches suits this group of footballers - it allows a bit more protection for Brunt and Livermore, it allows Kieran Gibbs to be more flexible and provide us with genuine width. The important ingreident is having Harvey Barnes in the middle who can link the attack and midfield. The problem we faced in our opening two matches is that any of our attacking moves broke down because there was nobody to link our forwards and the midfield. Barnes provides that missing link with not only a good passing range but with the ease in which he moves the ball. Barnes allows us the platform to get the best out of Gayle and Rodriguez

I am expecting us to be more conservative away from home, I don't think we will go around and try to rail-road teams, but yesterday was everything I want to see from a side at The Hawthorns. There was pace in the squad, there was energy, we pressed to get the ball back as quickly as we could and furthermore we were clinical with our opportunities. To be honest, at 3-1 we could have easily shut up shop and saw the game out. I was impressed that rather than seeing the game out we chased more opportunities and more goals. If we get that every week, then every single one of us will be happy.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1149 on: August 19, 2018, 08:27:09 PM »
I think Darren Moore deserves a bit of credit - he and the coaching staff have demonstrated in the last week or so that they can be football thinkers and are prepared to try something new. My fear was that Moore would have been stubborn and persisted with a flat 442, to the detriment of the players, but he showed his ability to mix it up and try something new and that deserves applauding and show signs of someone who is prepared to learn from his mistakes.

The formation that we have seen in the last two football matches suits this group of footballers - it allows a bit more protection for Brunt and Livermore, it allows Kieran Gibbs to be more flexible and provide us with genuine width. The important ingreident is having Harvey Barnes in the middle who can link the attack and midfield. The problem we faced in our opening two matches is that any of our attacking moves broke down because there was nobody to link our forwards and the midfield. Barnes provides that missing link with not only a good passing range but with the ease in which he moves the ball. Barnes allows us the platform to get the best out of Gayle and Rodriguez

I am expecting us to be more conservative away from home, I don't think we will go around and try to rail-road teams, but yesterday was everything I want to see from a side at The Hawthorns. There was pace in the squad, there was energy, we pressed to get the ball back as quickly as we could and furthermore we were clinical with our opportunities. To be honest, at 3-1 we could have easily shut up shop and saw the game out. I was impressed that rather than seeing the game out we chased more opportunities and more goals. If we get that every week, then every single one of us will be happy.

at 3-1 we could have easily shut up shop and saw the game out. I was impressed that rather than seeing the game out we chased more opportunities and more goals

This is the major change in philosophy which the club needed, football is about winning games and scoring goals and ENTERTAINING, it seems that the new team get this, thank god, there are signs that we we may be in danger of getting our club back !!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:07:54 AM by Albionic »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!