Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 858955 times)

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2675 on: February 02, 2019, 07:23:25 PM »
Darren Moore makes mistakes like every other manager does and you knew Pulis would win today (he always does against his former teams). Some of the vitriol and criticism seems over the top to me. Our modern "self-righteous" culture has become pervasive in football too. Someone has to be blamed, while those watching on (who incidentally never seem to make mistakes in their own life) get to criticize often with straw man arguments.
Just go online and look at Leeds fans today slagging Bielsa off...
There are some reasoned and thoughtful posters on here and I understand people's passion but often it seems we are waiting to see people fall.
In the summer one of the biggest reason Moore shouldn't get the job is Dean Smith is way more experienced and tactically more astute. That argument seems to have gone very quiet now we realize that is not the case and his win percentage is way worse than Moore and the villa fans are now claiming he is tactically naive (Oh and they got to keep their loan signing who made a huge difference).

Thoughtful criticism is fine but honestly some people need to cheer up. We are still in the cup, there are 17 games left and while football is great there is more to life.
Off to put the tin hat on :)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2676 on: February 02, 2019, 07:24:22 PM »

Natural or not he's not as good as Brunt at it.

Yes he is even at this stage of his career, i've yet to see your mate given a man of the match after a game in the centre by anyone except yourself yet despite you slating him last week Field seemed to get that accolade from a couple of places.

Brunt will never be a central midfielder, even Northern Ireland with limited resources never used him there which speaks volumes.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2677 on: February 02, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »
I don't agree Field is as good as Brunt in central midfield.

Hopefully Johansen works out and plays alongside Barry with Phillips an Harper supporting and then Field, Livermore and Brunt in that order are the backup options and we never has to see Chris Brunt play central midfield again. I don't mind him getting a 15 minute spell on the left wing to put some crosses but that's about it. I'd also sell Livermore if we get a decent offer this summer.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2678 on: February 02, 2019, 07:25:50 PM »
Derby was a 50/50 game? Are you serious. They outplayed us in every sense.

Look at the stats - same possession same shots.  It started with a horrendous mistake by JRod in keeping with today.

Look at the defeats - beaten x2 by 'Boro who are inferior, literally bullied by Wigan and Hull due to selection mistakes, beaten by Blackburn when rotation was needed over Xmas, ridiculous defeat by Bolton 1st up, Derby (H).

So where do you think we should be in the table? 

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2679 on: February 02, 2019, 07:29:32 PM »
Probably the wrong time to post this but I think we have to remember Moore is very much in the apprenticeship stage , If I'm correct I don't think he's even been a manager at under 23 level anywhere or maybe even lower.
Yes he makes mistakes , that's only natural as frustrated as we get especially losing to the baseball capped one!
I for one am happy enough so far given the above and the mess the club has been in over the last 18 months , that's not to say I don't expect gradual improvement over time .
Its worth remembering Daniel Farke of Norwich had more lower level experience in Germany before becoming the current toast of Norfolk yet could easily have lost his job both last season and early this season . I believe this was the first season you could buy a ST at Carrow Road without the waiting list such was the feeling towards Farke and the club .
Personally quite enjoying trying something different rather than another dinosaur or a fraud like Pardew , Moore's an long term investment but of course he'll have to achieve .
Patience is the key even in this must win every game time of supporters.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2680 on: February 02, 2019, 07:31:03 PM »
Probably the wrong time to post this but I think we have to remember Moore is very much in the apprenticeship stage , If I'm correct I don't think he's even been a manager at under 23 level anywhere or maybe even lower.
Yes he makes mistakes , that's only natural as frustrated as we get especially losing to the baseball capped one!
I for one am happy enough so far given the above and the mess the club has been in over the last 18 months , that's not to say I don't expect gradual improvement over time .
Its worth remembering Daniel Farke of Norwich had more lower level experience in Germany before becoming the current toast of Norfolk yet could easily have lost his job both last season and early this season . I believe this was the first season you could buy a ST at Carrow Road without the waiting list such was the feeling towards Farke and the club .
Personally quite enjoying trying something different rather than another dinosaur or a fraud like Pardew , Moore's an long term investment but of course he'll have to achieve .

I've just said elsewhere, i'm not convinced by the backroom staff, wheres the experience he needs alongside him ? Jones doesn't seem to be the man, Shan has not first team experience and I don't think Wayne Jacobs has either.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2681 on: February 02, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »
DM is still learning his trade. Unfortunately it's with us when ideally he should have started at a lower team. He can't keep saying "we'll learn and move on" as that only buys you a certain amount of time. He's tactics haven't been good enough all season and mentally he hasn't got what it takes to be a manager.

I don't wish to see him sacked, but would rather have him as an assistant to a more qualified manager.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2682 on: February 02, 2019, 07:34:37 PM »
I've just said elsewhere, i'm not convinced by the backroom staff, wheres the experience he needs alongside him ? Jones doesn't seem to be the man, Shan has not first team experience and I don't think Wayne Jacobs has either.
Jones has been about enough  , he should be up to it however I suspect we'd be playing 3 at the back If it was up to him.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2683 on: February 02, 2019, 07:34:58 PM »
Its worth remembering Daniel Farke of Norwich had more lower level experience in Germany before becoming the current toast of Norfolk yet could easily have lost his job both last season and early this season.  I believe this was the first season you could buy a ST at Carrow Road without the waiting list such was the feeling towards Farke and the club .

Good post Dexy. Going into this year most Norwich fans were unconvinced by Farke.
The point about the backroom staff is fair. Jones with Martinez meant their teams always conceded goals.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2684 on: February 02, 2019, 07:36:52 PM »
DM is still learning his trade. Unfortunately it's with us when ideally he should have started at a lower team. He can't keep saying "we'll learn and move on" as that only buys you a certain amount of time. He's tactics haven't been good enough all season and mentally he hasn't got what it takes to be a manager.

I don't wish to see him sacked, but would rather have him as an assistant to a more qualified manager.

Like Pulis ;)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2685 on: February 02, 2019, 07:39:52 PM »
Look at the stats - same possession same shots.  It started with a horrendous mistake by JRod in keeping with today.

Look at the defeats - beaten x2 by 'Boro who are inferior, literally bullied by Wigan and Hull due to selection mistakes, beaten by Blackburn when rotation was needed over Xmas, ridiculous defeat by Bolton 1st up, Derby (H).

So where do you think we should be in the table?

Roughly where we are for the reasons I’ve explained countless times.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2686 on: February 02, 2019, 07:42:46 PM »
I was concerned before the Jan window that:

further signings = further selection confusion

I think this will now prove to be the case with the team chopped and changed. 

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2687 on: February 02, 2019, 07:48:19 PM »

Correct about Norwich's expectations for this season due to their feelings towards Farke. I followed them for a short while after he was appointed and he struck me as being exceptional. I planned to back them for promotion this year as far back as this time last year largely on my impressions of him, and especially after they played Chelsea off the park in the FA Cup at their place. Changed my mind though after they sold a few important players, most notably Maddison. Damn and blast it. I think he'll go on to be one of the top managers in the game any case and is an indication of the managerial quality DM is up against this season.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2688 on: February 02, 2019, 07:50:28 PM »
Big Dave i feel should be doing better disregarding todays game. We have the best squad in terms of depth in the league that i have no doubt about. People keep saying he's learning but hes been in the game 40 years. I'm just not convinced by him at all.

Brunt is waayyyyy past it even at this level. Should never be anywhere near CM.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2689 on: February 02, 2019, 07:51:04 PM »
Correct about Norwich's expectations for this season due to their feelings towards Farke. I followed them for a short while after he was appointed and he struck me as being exceptional. I planned to back them for promotion this year as far back as this time last year largely on my impressions of him, and especially after they played Chelsea off the park in the FA Cup at their place. Changed my mind though after they sold a few important players, most notably Maddison. Damn and blast it. I think he'll go on to be one of the top managers in the game any case and is an indication of the managerial quality DM is up against this season.

We outplayed Norwich a couple of weeks ago...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2690 on: February 02, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »
Roughly where we are for the reasons I’ve explained countless times.

With Sheff Utd above us because they are technically superior...…

No mate, we have consistently chucked games away for the record:

Bolton (H) 3 pts lost
Blackburn (H) 2 pts lost
Brentford (H) 2 pts lost
Sheff W (H) 2 pts lost
Blackburn (A) 1 pt lost
Norwich (H) 2 pts lost
'Boro (H) 3 pts lost

There you go 15pts straight away.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2691 on: February 02, 2019, 08:02:32 PM »

Bolton (H) 3 pts lost
Blackburn (H) 2 pts lost
Brentford (H) 2 pts lost
Sheff W (H) 2 pts lost
Blackburn (A) 1 pt lost
Norwich (H) 2 pts lost
'Boro (H) 3 pts lost

All true, but name me one team in this division that hasn’t done similar?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2692 on: February 02, 2019, 08:08:56 PM »
I am extremely frustrated

Firstly, I have said previously , this is not George bushes war on terror (" you are with me or against me") it's a manager of a football team, you can be positive without being "a Moore lover" you can criticise without being a "Moore hater"
I've just listened to him on WM and I'm really concerned, he can talk all he wants about "no easy games and hurdles"but what he says doesn't stack up....when asked if johansen wasn't included because he was the fifth loan...Moore responded with no, saying it was because when new players come in they shouldn't go straight in to the matchday squad and he needs to get to know the players first"
...SO WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH HOLGATE AND MURPHY ? The last four incoming
Holgate started straight away
Murphy came off bench
Montero made bench
Johansen needs to get to know players first, however the position (AM) that we need an option in because Livermore, field,brunt,Barry ,Harper are generally more defensive ....so we won't even have him on the bench, but we will have both Tosin and Barkley who both play CB and neither were used, no to freshen up midfield we put on brunt, who promptly waddles on and gets an assist for boro..... then spend 40 seconds of time added on wobbling from the left to take a corner from the right with his "wand" and the keeper makes the easiest catch he ever will

Then the starters
Keeper (like any other position it should be picked on form, Sam scares me , the defence look nervous, him and the silliness playing from the back cost the first...get bond (100% clean sheets) in
Barry, he is allowed one bad one , lord knows his legs must hurt having carried the midfield recently...but their no26 rattled him on about 25 mins and after that he was done...not like him
HRK...AKA messi 😂😂, he tries..but he should not be in the 11
Rodriguez...terrible again, when he went through on the keeper any forward in the world (even defreitus) would have got a penalty, he spends all match apologising and doing his hair....Gayle scored twice when he got in to central positions , would Liverpool have put rush on left wing, would Newcastle put shearer right wing?....he is the best finisher play him centrally

Yes the footballs better, yes the fans have come back (some even stay till the end) but he should not be beyond critic and whatever the arguments if we drop out the top 6 ....I think Lai will act.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2693 on: February 02, 2019, 08:14:59 PM »

Bolton (H) 3 pts lost
Blackburn (H) 2 pts lost
Brentford (H) 2 pts lost
Sheff W (H) 2 pts lost
Blackburn (A) 1 pt lost
Norwich (H) 2 pts lost
'Boro (H) 3 pts lost

Let it go will you. You asked me where I expected us to be. I answered roughly where we are. This was never going to be easy. Some said we had a weak squad. Others said the strongest. Some say he’s doing a great job, others not. Brunt, Livermore, Johnstone etc all split opinion. It’s all about opinions only I’m not fussed about your opinion so let it go.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2694 on: February 02, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »
Let it go will you. You asked me where I expected us to be. I answered roughly where we are. This was never going to be easy. Some said we had a weak squad. Others said the strongest. Some say he’s doing a great job, others not. Brunt, Livermore, Johnstone etc all split opinion. It’s all about opinions only I’m not fussed about your opinion so let it go.

OK I'll let it go.  My final point: no one has contested the points chucked away, we should be top, and even though I criticize Moore, the players are culpable too.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2695 on: February 02, 2019, 08:44:46 PM »

Bolton (H) 3 pts lost
Blackburn (H) 2 pts lost
Brentford (H) 2 pts lost
Sheff W (H) 2 pts lost
Blackburn (A) 1 pt lost
Norwich (H) 2 pts lost
'Boro (H) 3 pts lost

You could probably go through and pick games where we nicked things too. Without thinking, villa, forest, sheff wed (a and h)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2696 on: February 02, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »

If people think we don’t have a strong squad this season, I dread to think what they’ll make of it next season if we don’t get promoted...

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2697 on: February 02, 2019, 09:34:16 PM »
The strongest squad debate is strange to me. Last year alot of people said Pulis left the squad lopsided in a lot of positions.
No proper right back and no creative midfielder or predatory striker.
We then get relegated and sell our best player - Foster and our best defender Evans.
At the start of the season Brunt, Barry and Morrison divided opnion on whether we should retain them (most would have binned Barry). And now brunt apparently should be no-where near the squad.
Alot of people don't rate Johnstone, most want Robson-Kanu gone, a lot think Livermore is poor.
We had no right back so signed Mears and got Hoolohan on a free (why are we signing a 36 year old was the cry).
If you look at the players signed on deadline day Montero was on the bench for Swansea most games.

Since Thursday at 11pm I would say we have a "strong squad". Is it the best in the championship not sure.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2698 on: February 02, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
I am extremely frustrated

Firstly, I have said previously , this is not George bushes war on terror (" you are with me or against me") it's a manager of a football team, you can be positive without being "a Moore lover" you can criticise without being a "Moore hater"
I've just listened to him on WM and I'm really concerned, he can talk all he wants about "no easy games and hurdles"but what he says doesn't stack up....when asked if johansen wasn't included because he was the fifth loan...Moore responded with no, saying it was because when new players come in they shouldn't go straight in to the matchday squad and he needs to get to know the players first"
...SO WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH HOLGATE AND MURPHY ? The last four incoming
Holgate started straight away
Murphy came off bench
Montero made bench
Johansen needs to get to know players first, however the position (AM) that we need an option in because Livermore, field,brunt,Barry ,Harper are generally more defensive ....so we won't even have him on the bench, but we will have both Tosin and Barkley who both play CB and neither were used, no to freshen up midfield we put on brunt, who promptly waddles on and gets an assist for boro..... then spend 40 seconds of time added on wobbling from the left to take a corner from the right with his "wand" and the keeper makes the easiest catch he ever will

Then the starters
Keeper (like any other position it should be picked on form, Sam scares me , the defence look nervous, him and the silliness playing from the back cost the first...get bond (100% clean sheets) in
Barry, he is allowed one bad one , lord knows his legs must hurt having carried the midfield recently...but their no26 rattled him on about 25 mins and after that he was done...not like him
HRK...AKA messi 😂😂, he tries..but he should not be in the 11
Rodriguez...terrible again, when he went through on the keeper any forward in the world (even defreitus) would have got a penalty, he spends all match apologising and doing his hair....Gayle scored twice when he got in to central positions , would Liverpool have put rush on left wing, would Newcastle put shearer right wing?....he is the best finisher play him centrally

Yes the footballs better, yes the fans have come back (some even stay till the end) but he should not be beyond critic and whatever the arguments if we drop out the top 6 ....I think Lai will act.

I think we stick with Darren Moore and see where it takes us.   The fact is that I would rather spend eternity.in purgatory than  have another manager like TP trying to take us up.  SMITH looked a good bet but hasn't exactly pulled up trees for the seals.  We have a young, promising manager who is an Albion man.  He is making mistakes but cerainly not making a complete Thierry of things.   Lets givje him time and something special might just happen
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:37:03 PM by Oldbury24 »

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2699 on: February 02, 2019, 09:35:12 PM »

We outplayed Norwich a couple of weeks ago...

And drew.

My point though is that Norwich are decent this season almost entirely due to Farke (who I believe could well go on to manage at the highest of levels) and with us challenging Norwich for promotion DM is competing with him week in week out even if not directly.