Poll

Are you in favour of vaccine passports?

Yes
No
Yes in certain circumstances
Not fussed either way

Author Topic: Vaccine passports  (Read 44866 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Vaccine passports
« on: April 03, 2021, 06:35:08 AM »
Personally I am for travel, it's relatively easy to apply and enforce.
For pubs, restaurants and all everyday applications I don't see how it can accurately be enforced.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Vaccine passports
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 06:58:50 AM »
Personally I am for travel, it's relatively easy to apply and enforce.
For pubs, restaurants and all everyday applications I don't see how it can accurately be enforced.

I am all for them, but I agree with you. They could be quite divisive in pubs and clubs.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 11:34:40 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 09:20:06 AM »
Completely against them. Nobody has the right to know anyone elses medical history outside of the medical professional they are under.

Would create a 2 tier society. Big no no.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 09:22:57 AM »
They’re pretty discriminatory and on that basis I am out.

I cannot believe this matter is being pursued on a domestic basis.. What’s the point of having a vaccine to enable us to return to normal life if I’m going to need a ******* passport?

The latest is that it will only be for 12 months - so what exactly is the point? It’s going to take nearly 12 months to vaccinate the country so it is a thoroughly pointless exercise.

I am supportive of it in terms of foreign travel.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 09:23:04 AM »
I would support them for 2021 only and on travel only.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 09:29:07 AM »
Cynic in me says they're keeping these front and central in the news as the next age group to be vaccinated (30-50 no medical issues) will be the hardest sell.

They're just the opposite of everything a Conservative government stands for.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 09:29:31 AM »
Cynic in me says they're keeping these front and central in the news as the next age group to be vaccinated (30-50 no medical issues) will be the hardest sell.

They really are.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 09:44:34 AM »

You would hope so..

I read an article yesterday from Fraser Nelson which suggested it was a nudging technique as opposed to being required to legislate. I hope he’s right.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 09:51:32 AM »
In the US on TV, yesterday i think it was, one of the medical professors/advisors let slip. She was unhappy that a lot of US states are now reopened with NO lockdown rules.

In the US the data shows deaths/infections in states in complete lockdown are largely similar to states with no lockdown, just the states that locked down are now financially ruined.

She said something along the lines of "if those states are letting people live their lives freely how are we going to force them to take the vaccines with no incentive?"

Oopsies.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 09:54:13 AM by gazberg »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 10:36:45 AM »
Completely against them. Nobody has the right to know anyone elses medical history outside of the medical professional they are under.

Would create a 2 tier society. Big no no.

Who exactly would get to know your medical history?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
I am in favour. Why should someone who refuses the vaccine be allowed into a Pubs, Restaurants cafes and Football with people who have looked after themselves and kept safe and had the vaccine? I don't want to be sat by anyone who hasn't been jabbed.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 11:46:18 AM »
I am in favour. Why should someone who refuses the vaccine be allowed into a Pubs, Restaurants cafes and Football with people who have looked after themselves and kept safe and had the vaccine? I don't want to be sat by anyone who hasn't been jabbed.

There isn't any need for them. The issue with non vaccinated people is a very slight chance of dangerous mutations if there are too many of them, they wouldn't be super spreaders.

I won't be getting this vaccine unless I'm given no other choice. I'm not an antivaxxer (get the flu jab annually) but with such a small risk of dying with COVID-19 it's just not worth it to me with such limited trial data.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 11:50:57 AM »
There isn't any need for them. The issue with non vaccinated people is a very slight chance of dangerous mutations if there are too many of them, they wouldn't be super spreaders.

I won't be getting this vaccine unless I'm given no other choice. I'm not an antivaxxer (get the flu jab annually) but with such a small risk of dying with COVID-19 it's just not worth it to me with such limited trial data.
Good job i don't live and drink by you then!😁

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 11:52:17 AM »

there an even smaller chance of dying from flu so why do you bother with that?

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 11:54:40 AM »
Totally and utterly against them for interior reasons. If it becomes a lawful requirment i might resign in protest. i feel very strongly about it. Ive allready signed something to say i am opposed going round my company which has a few signatures allready.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2021, 11:57:10 AM »
there an even smaller chance of dying from flu so why do you bother with that?

Reduce chances of time off work; actually stops you catching it in the first place. Not a barely tested mRNA vaccine.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 12:29:34 PM »
I’m not sure why you would need a passport to enter a domestic setting anyway.

To current knowledge, the vaccine prevents hospital admission and prevents the loss of life. Despite having the vaccine you can still catch the virus and you can spread the virus to others - the vaccine just prevents serious risk of ill health.

If that is the case then what is the difference and why is the passport required? The only risk are to those who haven’t had the vaccine.

If it’s a case of the vaccine prevents catching the virus and prevents transmission then they are a totally different set of circumstances with different arguments.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
Who exactly would get to know your medical history?

The people who know whether I've had 2 shots or not who have no right too?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 12:55:29 PM »
The people who know whether I've had 2 shots or not who have no right too?

Ahhhh!
Stigma.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2021, 01:01:14 PM »

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2021, 01:07:50 PM »

Ahhhh!
Stigma.

Are you familar with Martin Niemöller poem, "first they came..."? We will enter the start of that soon. First they came for our internet history, then our rightt to peaceful protest, then they came for our medical records....

I have 0 buisness knowing somebodies medical record, but i soon could be forced into forcing them to divilidge it. No good
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 01:10:51 PM by WoysWunderful »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 01:21:09 PM »
I don't get this 'knowing someone's medical record' what does that mean exactly?
If someone doesn't qualify for a vaccine passport, all you know from that for definite is that they haven't had the jab.
That's all you know.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2021, 01:24:37 PM »
If you agree with attendance allowed on passport only that means people have to show part of their medical history to non medical professionals who are enforcing this nonsense. I'm not sure what you are not understanding in all honesty mate.

Or are you saying people should have passports with no enforcement which is pointless?

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2021, 01:41:22 PM »
Im not a doctor, im your favourite barmans favourite barman  :D i could probably make a nice cocktail out of banks mild, but i am not a medical practioner. It is none of my buisness.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2021, 03:21:58 PM »
If you agree with attendance allowed on passport only that means people have to show part of their medical history to non medical professionals who are enforcing this nonsense. I'm not sure what you are not understanding in all honesty mate.

Or are you saying people should have passports with no enforcement which is pointless?

Which part of their medical history do they have to show?