Author Topic: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester  (Read 430579 times)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester
« Reply #1775 on: May 06, 2018, 07:16:48 PM »
Surely a bit contradictory.

What I mean is, he has the ability to defend well, but his lapses negate that and make him a poorer defender than he should be with his ability.
Baggie in Southampton

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1776 on: May 06, 2018, 08:58:59 PM »
Has he even featured under Moore? If not, says a lot.

I like that DM has done his own thing. He hasn't just played players because they've been in under TP and AP. For me, Jonny has quality, but his attitude leaves a lot to be desired, and I don't think Below-Par-Dew helped him by taking his captaincy away for one game and then handing it back. Evans should have been dropped, end of. I'm glad DM has the sense to do what he thinks is right.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1777 on: May 07, 2018, 06:09:01 PM »
Reports that Arsenal remain keen to sign Jonny Evans from West Brom this summer.

It will be a relief for us and, I suspect, him when he leaves as there is so much negativity surrounding him, some self inflicted and some out of his control.

He is not AI, only human like most of us here

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1778 on: May 07, 2018, 07:39:20 PM »
To be fair, he hasn't done much wrong since he joined apart from taxi gate and a below par season. I'll wish him well when he leaves. The club should have sold him in January though, knowing we had a 3m release clause in his contract.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1779 on: May 07, 2018, 08:08:46 PM »
To be fair, he hasn't done much wrong since he joined apart from taxi gate and a below par season. I'll wish him well when he leaves. The club should have sold him in January though, knowing we had a 3m release clause in his contract.
Thickos on the board?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1780 on: May 07, 2018, 10:25:27 PM »
Or more likely he was considered a vital member of the defence and selling him would hurt the squad and give the wrong message.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1781 on: May 08, 2018, 01:28:38 PM »
AS I have said many times on here I for one won't be sorry to see him go. I think he believes he's too good for us anyway and that says something about his attitude and performances.
He's not someone you want in a dog fight and is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.
A move will be good for us all but it might just be the wake up call he needs to get his game sorted.
It's easier to play at the back for a top 6 club than one fighting relegation. The odd error can be got away with as you're likely to out score opponents. They also have more options to move the ball forward, which is not Evan's fault, but players have to adapt. Evan's obviously has ability, a lot of people rate him but his way of playing certainly does not suit us. Something Darren has obviously noticed.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1782 on: May 08, 2018, 01:50:31 PM »
AS I have said many times on here I for one won't be sorry to see him go. I think he believes he's too good for us anyway and that says something about his attitude and performances.
He's not someone you want in a dog fight and is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.
A move will be good for us all but it might just be the wake up call he needs to get his game sorted.
It's easier to play at the back for a top 6 club than one fighting relegation. The odd error can be got away with as you're likely to out score opponents. They also have more options to move the ball forward, which is not Evan's fault, but players have to adapt. Evan's obviously has ability, a lot of people rate him but his way of playing certainly does not suit us. Something Darren has obviously noticed.

I think his form started to evaporate shortly after Darren Fletcher went to Stoke,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1783 on: May 08, 2018, 02:17:02 PM »
We're rewriting history if we're saying that Evans was no good.  He was head and shoulders our best defender.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1784 on: May 08, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
Has he even featured under Moore? If not, says a lot.

I like that DM has done his own thing. He hasn't just played players because they've been in under TP and AP. For me, Jonny has quality, but his attitude leaves a lot to be desired, and I don't think Below-Par-Dew helped him by taking his captaincy away for one game and then handing it back. Evans should have been dropped, end of. I'm glad DM has the sense to do what he thinks is right.

He's come on twice maybe three times from the bench under Moore.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1785 on: May 08, 2018, 03:18:06 PM »
We're rewriting history if we're saying that Evans was no good.  He was head and shoulders our best defender.

I don't think anyone is saying he is "no good", when he was playing well he was head and shoulders above the rest and the partnership with GMac worked beautifully, possibly the best partnership outside the top 6, but sadly that beautiful flame started to flicker and has now largely died.

time for JE and WBA to move on separately.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1786 on: May 15, 2018, 06:33:48 AM »
This report sums him up, no respect. Informs his manager by text.
Big time Charlie, glad to see the back of him

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/05/15/exclusive-jonny-evans-pulled-out-of-west-broms-last-game-of-the-season-by-text-message/
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1787 on: May 15, 2018, 06:55:03 AM »
"Albion sources didn't want to comment"

Yeah right that didn't get out by accident thrown under the bus and rightly so. Evans has been truly shocking this season after he didn't get his move in the summer. He has to hope he never has the misfortune of playing at the Hawthorns again
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1788 on: May 15, 2018, 07:14:26 AM »
I have been a fan of his in the past, but his 'billy big boots' attitude sums it all up for me. Good riddance to him......
MAGA!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1789 on: May 15, 2018, 07:39:31 AM »
Never wish injury on everyone but this bloke has been a absolute disgrace it's almost as if his lead has come off since Fletcher has been gone. I hope someone snaps him next season breaks his cruciate and he comes back down to earth with an almighty bang. Played a massive part in the Barcelona fiasco now it emerges he text his manageer a day before the last game making himself unavailable. Good riddance I hope he enjoys living the high life at Leicester and not man city

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1790 on: May 15, 2018, 07:48:57 AM »
There surely must be something in his contract about how to inform the manager about his non availability - and I guess this wouldn’t be by text. If he breached his contract then fine him heavily. He was obviously miffed by not being selected - or, if he was in the squad he didn’t want to get injured in his final game.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1791 on: May 15, 2018, 07:51:00 AM »
There surely must be something in his contract about how to inform the manager about his non availability - and I guess this wouldn’t be by text. If he breached his contract then fine him heavily. He was obviously miffed by not being selected - or, if he was in the squad he didn’t want to get injured in his final game.

For me he should be suspended and served a heavy fine as you suggested. I'd also do the same with James McLean who keeps treating fans on social media like utter dirt.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1792 on: May 15, 2018, 08:01:52 AM »
For me he should be suspended and served a heavy fine as you suggested. I'd also do the same with James McLean who keeps treating fans on social media like utter dirt.
What utter nonsense, but if he did maybe it's in retaliation to fans not being able to spell his name correctly.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1793 on: May 15, 2018, 08:09:28 AM »
Gutless Evans is,couldn't face Big Dave  to tell him,so sends a text,pathetic.
He couldn't be bothered to turn up for the last match to wave goodbye to the fans,what an embarrassing person he is,after his so called injuries and Barcelona good riddance,he's not that good anyway.
Joke of a player contemptible attitude.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1794 on: May 15, 2018, 08:23:24 AM »
What utter nonsense, but if he did maybe it's in retaliation to fans not being able to spell his name correctly.

So you can defend him telling fans they need to watch their weight telling them they are a walking heart attack waiting to happen and to f**k off? Don't know what side of the bed you woke up on this morning but don't try and belittle me or put me down because I missed the C out of his name because my phone auto corrected it for some unknown reason! Mod or not you don't have the power to speak to people in such a fashion.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1795 on: May 15, 2018, 08:52:23 AM »
So you can defend him telling fans they need to watch their weight telling them they are a walking heart attack waiting to happen and to f**k off? Don't know what side of the bed you woke up on this morning but don't try and belittle me or put me down because I missed the C out of his name because my phone auto corrected it for some unknown reason! Mod or not you don't have the power to speak to people in such a fashion.
I think he’s fully justified in calling out people on Instagram who only appear to follow him to abuse him, anyone that gets abused by him has always asked for it. If they can give it out, he should be able to give it back.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1796 on: May 15, 2018, 08:53:59 AM »
I think he’s fully justified in calling out people on Instagram who only appear to follow him to abuse him, anyone that gets abused by him has always asked for it. If they can give it out, he should be able to give it back.

I'm not sure whether or not the bloke follows him but it's very stupid if he does that just to give him abuse. Why does every other professional seem to be able to keep their neck in then and not dish out abuse but James seems to sturggle. He needs to be careful what he says. Those" walking heart attacks" pay his over inflated wage.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1797 on: May 15, 2018, 08:54:29 AM »
Ok guys back to Evans in this thread please

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1798 on: May 15, 2018, 09:23:33 AM »

Calm down, you're not the only one who spells his name incorrectly, I was pointing out that a lot of people that abuse him don't even spell his name correctly.
Also I'm not defending him, I'm just saying that he has the same rights as anyone else to reply to abuse from fans. If someone was abusive to me I'd be abusive back. Just because he's in the limelight/has different political views/is limited as a player doesn't mean he deserves to be abused.

With regard to Evans, he's still under contract so should be appropriately punished if he has done anything against club rules, if he is genuinely injured then fair enough but it's strange that he's been "injured" every time there has been a transfer window this season.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1799 on: May 15, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »
What an appalling piece of work this man is; how many acts of cowardice, laziness and sheer stupidity is he capable of?

We've picked a few duffers up over the past few years, Anelka being another prime example. Our current crop has had more than its fair share of shirkers and has beens.

I hope the board really have learned from these last few years. We could have been something!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music