Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 471952 times)

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1075 on: September 01, 2019, 08:40:49 AM »
I think the difference is that he is doing his own running and tackling this year, the other midfielders around are sharing responsibility. he does not  have a player whose head went down every time he lost it or the other one pointing at the obvious but not doing anything about it.
Different players shared responsibility in the centre.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1076 on: September 01, 2019, 11:31:02 AM »
Out of him and Sawyers, he seems to be the one making the runs forward. Looks a different player this year.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1077 on: September 01, 2019, 01:52:42 PM »
I think his start to the season has surprised a lot of people. In my view, the arrival of Sawyers has allowed Jake to move further up the pitch. Some of his passing yesterday was excellent and was pleased when he scored the goal which in itself was a very well taken effort

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1078 on: September 01, 2019, 02:08:37 PM »
Bossed it yesterday and has been good all season apart from the opener at Forest.
I believe this is what he's meant to be like. It's either a green patch or our previous managers weren't using him properly but hopefully it continues.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1079 on: September 01, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »
Bossed it yesterday and has been good all season apart from the opener at Forest.
I believe this is what he's meant to be like. It's either a green patch or our previous managers weren't using him properly but hopefully it continues.

i like to think that he is being managed correctly now, but then again I do think Bilic is the best thing to happen to WBAFC since 2011 when Roy joined us
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1080 on: September 01, 2019, 04:20:06 PM »

Can’t remember Livermore being involved with the forest goal mate . Poor tracking back from Edwards , Bartley giving the forest player way to much time on the ball and Johnstone should have saved the shot.

Livermore has been superb this season, him and sawyers are a partnership that shouldn’t be touched

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1081 on: September 01, 2019, 04:22:52 PM »
Can’t remember Livermore being involved with the forest goal mate . Poor tracking back from Edwards , Bartley giving the forest player way to much time on the ball and Johnstone should have saved the shot.

Livermore has been superb this season, him and sawyers are a partnership that shouldn’t be touched

I think he means the opening DAY at Forest. He was awful second half. Didn't look fit to be honest.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1082 on: September 01, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »
Previously he has (unfairly) been asked to play with Brunt in CM meaning that he wasn't quite sure what his partner was going to do (other than wave his arms and continually be out of position due to his instance on taking everything including the mick)
Now he is part of a proper midfield and his performances have improved

Footballs not that difficult
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1083 on: September 01, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
It has been my intention to write a scathing report on Livermore for some time because one can only comment on what one sees and basically he has been poor.
Yesterday would have justified any earlier poor appraisal because it showed what we have been lacking since he joined the club.
Yesterday he looked fit put some searching balls through their defence,had two purposeful shots one of which resulted in a good goal and arguably looked England class a total difference to his earlier     performances.
If this occurs he could be a real asset to the team..

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1084 on: September 01, 2019, 09:30:15 PM »

I think he means the opening DAY at Forest. He was awful second half. Didn't look fit to be honest.

Yeah that makes sense now  :D when i read it I presumed opener was the opening goal for some reason .

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1085 on: September 05, 2019, 05:30:46 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/september2/how-jake-hit-the-refresh-button/

Interview on the OS.

Playing his best football since he came to the club and is captaining the side on merit these days, now has a central midfield partner who brings out the best in him, we've lacked this type of partnership for way too long.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1086 on: September 05, 2019, 05:54:52 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/september2/how-jake-hit-the-refresh-button/

Interview on the OS.

Playing his best football since he came to the club and is captaining the side on merit these days, now has a central midfield partner who brings out the best in him, we've lacked this type of partnership for way too long.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one. When Livermore played with Huddlestone next to him at Spurs and then Hull he looked like a much better player than the one we have seen for a few seasons. Huddlestone is/was a proper central midfielder, now Livermore has Sawyers next to him who is also a proper centre mid and low and behold Livermore looks a much better player.

He is also playing regularly in a 2, rather than the 3 he was part of for large parts of last season. He knows what he is doing in a 2, at times last season he looked lost in a 3.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1087 on: September 06, 2019, 09:01:11 AM »
To be honest, I think he's doing better in part because he's trimmer and more athletic. He was carrying a lot of muscle the last 2 years, but seems to have trimmed down, and is quicker and more mobile because of it.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1088 on: September 06, 2019, 09:39:24 AM »
To be honest, I think he's doing better in part because he's trimmer and more athletic. He was carrying a lot of muscle the last 2 years, but seems to have trimmed down, and is quicker and more mobile because of it.

This is certainly helping and he says as much himself in that interview.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1089 on: September 06, 2019, 08:08:40 PM »
“I have made a conscious effort to try and trim down" - admission that last season he was too fat to play football properly. Shameful when you consider that was allowed in a professional football club trying to get promotion to the top flight.

"We have had a tough start to the season really, we have played some good sides already and I think it’s been a good test for us" - Err no Jay, that is complete utter tosh. We've had statistically the third easiest start in the whole league, hence why our next six games are really awkward.

I'm pleased he's playing better this season but 4/5 decent games isn't enough for two seasons of rubbish. So it' a bit early for the pat on the back from me.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1090 on: September 06, 2019, 09:38:27 PM »
You've got fat and muscle mixed up there.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1091 on: September 06, 2019, 10:19:33 PM »
“I have made a conscious effort to try and trim down" - admission that last season he was too fat to play football properly. Shameful when you consider that was allowed in a professional football club trying to get promotion to the top flight.

"We have had a tough start to the season really, we have played some good sides already and I think it’s been a good test for us" - Err no Jay, that is complete utter tosh. We've had statistically the third easiest start in the whole league, hence why our next six games are really awkward.

I'm pleased he's playing better this season but 4/5 decent games isn't enough for two seasons of rubbish. So it' a bit early for the pat on the back from me.
Give the guy a break. He wasn’t fat. He was too muscle bound. He’s been advised to lose some of it, and now he’s a bit more mobile. As for an easy (statistically?) start, it’s too early to know whether it is or not. The next 40 odd games, never, mind six, are awkward. I’m reckon one of his reasons for a change in form may well be linked to a change in surrounding personnel.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1092 on: September 06, 2019, 10:42:59 PM »
I always felt that big Vic was too muscular for w football player and Jake was definitely hitting the weights too much in my opinion
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1093 on: September 06, 2019, 10:47:58 PM »

Too fat? If he was fat I sure wish I was too  :)

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1094 on: September 06, 2019, 11:50:13 PM »

You're a very unforgiving person I'd say  :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1095 on: September 07, 2019, 01:37:41 AM »
He's still very poor, the people insinuating the likes of Krychowiak, Brunt, Barry, Johansen are to blame for him being poor are barmy to be honest.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1096 on: September 07, 2019, 08:16:35 AM »
He's still very poor, the people insinuating the likes of Krychowiak, Brunt, Barry, Johansen are to blame for him being poor are barmy to be honest.

He is not giving poor performances this season, not at all.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1097 on: September 07, 2019, 08:50:02 AM »
I’ve only seen one of those being blamed
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1098 on: September 07, 2019, 09:01:39 AM »
I've seen poor performances from him but Sawyers and him seem to be clicking. He still needs to improve a lot for me, however, i'm more than happy for him to be proving me wrong!

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1099 on: September 07, 2019, 09:02:42 AM »

Barmy is your continued posts about Livermore and Brunt when the facts that Livermore is playing well and Brunt is passed it are clear for everyone to see.