Author Topic: Brandon Thomas-Asante  (Read 94099 times)

Topman

• Youth Baggie

Re: Brandon Thomas-Asante
« Reply #550 on: August 30, 2023, 02:32:54 PM »
I’m worried here, I know blues wanted him as we stole him from under their noses. With thier new takeover and cash from the Bellingham transfer they may be interested. Indeed, radio wm daz hale at the back end of last season was doing his best to sell him to blues

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #551 on: August 30, 2023, 02:33:08 PM »
Stoke trying again at 2.5m

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #552 on: August 30, 2023, 02:34:43 PM »
It would be as mad as f we'd sold someone like Horsfield at the end of a window with no cover coming in.  Oh.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #553 on: August 30, 2023, 02:35:09 PM »
Lyle Thomas

#StokeCity have had a £2m bid rejected by #WestBrom for striker Brandon Thomas-Asante. Considering another. Other clubs monitoring situation as well. #WBA skysports.com/football/live-…

Not an expert in such matters but I've read somewhere (possibly on here) that Stoke are supposed to be quite close to their FFP limits. Regardless of that they can get stuffed anyway as they're only allowed to buy players from us that nobody else wants and at extortionate inflated prices. Those are the rules.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 02:37:44 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #554 on: August 30, 2023, 02:48:07 PM »
You get these silly low offers for your players when your owner takes money out of the club and leaves us with no money.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #555 on: August 30, 2023, 02:52:27 PM »
Lewis Cox
@LewisCox_star
·
1m
Albion have rejected two bids from Stoke City for Brandon Thomas-Asante. Offers have been well below #wba valuation of the striker. The club do not want to sell. @ESAlbion_star

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #556 on: August 30, 2023, 03:00:45 PM »
He's the one bit of particularly smart business we've done in a good while (thanks to Steve Bruce's son in law...). Really does show the benefit of looking beyond the premier league and championship, there's good players out there.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #557 on: August 30, 2023, 03:03:17 PM »
At an absolute minimum BTA should be going for £4-5m. £1m to reinvest in another striker & £3m to pay off the debts. £2.5m Stoke can get stuffed.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #558 on: August 30, 2023, 03:10:22 PM »
Surely we cannot afford to sell BTA even for double. We are not going to have enough time to bring anybody in.
O Albion we love you

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #559 on: August 30, 2023, 03:26:50 PM »
You would hope that we have a shortlist of strikers from the lower leagues who were in a similar position to BTA when he was Salford - young, hungry, raw and lot of potential to get better, players who we could get should BTA be sold.

That has to be our business model for our current positon, and we should have players like that lined up for every position ready for when the current crop go, sadly i doubt that is the case.

It may be an agent leaking the news of a bid, try and get a bidding war going, as much as we say we dont want to sell, with our position any interested clubs know there is a deal to be done if they really want someone, we wont play hardball too much.

We should be asking a lot as tranfer fees are crazy this summer, however i am not sure i see Stoke paying £5m, i wouldnt be shocked if its something like £3.5m, a sell on clause and probably Dwight Gayle on loan for the season, gives CC a striker and tugs at our fans heartstrings (i am not saying i would like that deal but this is the albion!)

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #560 on: August 30, 2023, 03:35:49 PM »
Stoke are taking the proverbial p..s. If he continues his present goal scoring in this division we could add a nought to the 2 in 12 months time. We will probably sell him for peanuts and bring in a has been 35 year old.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #561 on: August 30, 2023, 03:52:45 PM »
I’d say every player is up for sale and clubs are low balling us because owners are desperate

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #562 on: August 30, 2023, 03:58:48 PM »
I’d say every player is up for sale and clubs are low balling us because owners are desperate
I'm afraid so.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #563 on: August 30, 2023, 04:07:39 PM »
 This window is bad enough selling BTA leaving us with only one recognised striker would be the cherry on the cake and if it happened would CC say that's enough I'm off.

kevan49

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #564 on: August 30, 2023, 04:35:53 PM »
Wouldn’t be surprised if he did. He says he needs another defender and striker. At the moment Asante is it until Maja and Sarmiento are ready, even if Dike finally does get back before the end of the year we would be crazy to sell our only starting striker.

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #565 on: August 30, 2023, 04:36:17 PM »
This has got Davis from Villa as replacement written all over it

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #566 on: August 30, 2023, 04:55:11 PM »
Earlier in the window Stoke paid around £3.5m for Ryan Mmaee from Hungarian club Ferencvárosi. That is the absolute bare minimum that BTA should go for given that he has already had a good season in the Championship and has two years remaining on his contract.

The plain fact is that there isn't a player that isn't for sale and a good offer (c£5m) cannot be rejected particularly if we aren't in a position to extend the contract and short of a stellar season and Premier League level interest he will be worth considerably less next summer i.e. the £2.5m that seems to be Stoke's lowball offer.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2023, 04:55:48 PM »
Wouldn’t be surprised if he did. He says he needs another defender and striker. At the moment Asante is it until Maja and Sarmiento are ready, even if Dike finally does get back before the end of the year we would be crazy to sell our only starting striker.
We have done it before. I remember Robbie Earnshaw’s late departure.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2023, 04:57:37 PM »
They have just sold Jacob brown to Luton for I think 4.5 million
I’d happily have Tyreece Campbell and a couple of million for him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2023, 05:11:34 PM »
We have done it before. I remember Robbie Earnshaw’s late departure.

All time classic that was. Relegation guaranteed and it was

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2023, 05:14:17 PM »
Stoke are taking the proverbial p..s. If he continues his present goal scoring in this division we could add a nought to the 2 in 12 months time. We will probably sell him for peanuts and bring in a has been 35 year old.

It’s their payback for Berahino and McLean

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2023, 05:35:33 PM »
Stoke hate him anyway don't they ;D

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2023, 05:44:04 PM »
They have just sold Jacob brown to Luton for I think 4.5 million
I’d happily have Tyreece Campbell and a couple of million for him

More likely to be offered Dwight Gayle and £2m and no doubt our esteemed leaders will go for that….
MAGA!

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2023, 05:59:54 PM »
More likely to be offered Dwight Gayle and £2m and no doubt our esteemed leaders will go for that….

We can't afford Gayles wages.

Actually we can't afford anybody's wages

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2023, 06:06:31 PM »
I’d take £4m for him if we weren’t in the mess we are, but we know very little if any of that would be available to reinvest and so I don’t think we can’t afford to lose him if we have any remote chance of making the play offs.