Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 487438 times)

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #1825 on: June 07, 2021, 04:53:16 PM »
Mirror are suggesting that his agent has contacted Leeds about a possible move, but at this stage they're not interested.
Worryingly seeing a figure £15m having been agreed for him to leave (as in we've said if we get a bid around that we'll let him go) although that could be just rumour

Its almost certainly a rumour. No way is he going for 15 million. I've said to friends it will be closer to 25 million.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1826 on: June 07, 2021, 06:16:00 PM »
I'm quietly confident that if he had a release clause as low as rumoured we'd have heard all about it via his agent way, way, way before now.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1827 on: June 07, 2021, 09:42:23 PM »
Terms of his future deal were already arranged before the loan spell so doubt very much there is a release clause.
Hoping we price out suitors and people get carried away with purchases off the back of the euros so we get another season out of him
O Albion we love you

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1828 on: June 08, 2021, 06:29:15 AM »
Terms of his future deal were already arranged before the loan spell so doubt very much there is a release clause.
Hoping we price out suitors and people get carried away with purchases off the back of the euros so we get another season out of him
I thought there was a an upgraded contract. signed later?

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1829 on: June 08, 2021, 08:00:49 AM »

We never ever upgraded terms there was talk but it never happened
O Albion we love you

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1830 on: June 08, 2021, 06:56:01 PM »

We offered less than he expected...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1831 on: June 08, 2021, 09:18:53 PM »
If we’re not prepared to pay compensation to appoint a half decent manager then you can bet your bottom dollar that he’s going to be sold under the odds to finance our summer rebuild  ::)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1832 on: June 08, 2021, 09:24:26 PM »
If we’re not prepared to pay compensation to appoint a half decent manager then you can bet your bottom dollar that he’s going to be sold under the odds to finance our summer rebuild  ::)

I hope not. The thing is, what was so particularly special about Appleton from Lincoln or Cooper at Swansea, nothing. Certainly not enough to justify paying a ton of money out from them ahead of Wilder or Wagner.  If Lai really wants his money back then I don't think he can afford to sell Matheus any time soon.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1833 on: June 08, 2021, 09:40:45 PM »
I hope not. The thing is, what was so particularly special about Appleton from Lincoln or Cooper at Swansea, nothing. Certainly not enough to justify paying a ton of money out from them ahead of Wilder or Wagner.  If Lai really wants his money back then I don't think he can afford to sell Matheus any time soon.

The appointment (and shirt photoshoot) gives me hope Pereira will stay.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1834 on: June 08, 2021, 11:37:06 PM »
I don't imagine that he'll stay for a moment (in fact I expect the club to be trying hard to push him out of the door for the money), but it does seem to me that he'd fit in with Wagner's style pretty well.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1835 on: June 09, 2021, 07:02:25 AM »
I would prefer to see him loaned out for say £5 fee and that gives us the option of keeping him if we get promoted or if we fail he can go with our blessing, the cash coming in handy for the following season push for promotion.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1836 on: June 09, 2021, 07:20:52 AM »
I would prefer to see him loaned out for say £5 fee and that gives us the option of keeping him if we get promoted or if we fail he can go with our blessing, the cash coming in handy for the following season push for promotion.

Loan with option to buy for a set amount if we fail to go up is tolerable. However obviously prefer he stays for the championship campaign. Hoping the price of Buendia and the euro campaign making people buy what they see in tournament keeps him off people's hit list.
O Albion we love you

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1837 on: June 09, 2021, 09:30:47 AM »

No - that's the worst of all deals.  We need cash to strengthen amid the big drop in TV money.   Â£5m loan fee will not get us very far and we'd be without both Pereira himself and several others needed to get us back up. 

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1838 on: June 09, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »
No - that's the worst of all deals.  We need cash to strengthen amid the big drop in TV money.   Â£5m loan fee will not get us very far and we'd be without both Pereira himself and several others needed to get us back up.

Agreed that makes no sense. I would keep him at all costs for the next season, given the importance of getting promoted. We can always sell him next summer if we don't go back up.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1839 on: June 09, 2021, 08:03:08 PM »
Really hope our new gaffer keeps him, I think we have a few players that can be hopeful of fitting in with Wagners style and a few that won't.
Unless we get a ridiculous offer in I don't see why we would sell him, he gives us a great chance of going back up with him in the side.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1840 on: June 09, 2021, 09:07:35 PM »
Really hope our new gaffer keeps him, I think we have a few players that can be hopeful of fitting in with Wagners style and a few that won't.
Unless we get a ridiculous offer in I don't see why we would sell him, he gives us a great chance of going back up with him in the side.

I doubt if the new gaffer will have any say.
I would imagine that Lai's aim is to recoup his losses.
Unless its on Zoom or TEAMS, I doubt if there's been a straight conversation between owner and manager
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1841 on: June 09, 2021, 09:24:13 PM »
Agreed that makes no sense. I would keep him at all costs for the next season, given the importance of getting promoted. We can always sell him next summer if we don't go back up.
Have you considered that he may well not want to stay now that we've been relegated? Contracts suddenly don't mean a lot when players make it clear that they want to leave.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1842 on: June 09, 2021, 11:37:18 PM »
Have you considered that he may well not want to stay now that we've been relegated? Contracts suddenly don't mean a lot when players make it clear that they want to leave.

Yeah, I appreciate that if a big premiership club comes in for him that he may want to move, but equally he might be settled in the area and happy to give it one more go in the championship. Even if the does want to move, you can't just sell him. Zaha has begged to leave Palace not just for one season but for the past three years. Ultimately when the transfer window closes, even he wanted a move he's a footballer and will want to get his head down and show what he can do. Keeping hold of him for 12 months shows how serious we are about promotion and if we fail then he is still under a long term contract and very sellable next summer.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1843 on: June 10, 2021, 08:30:42 AM »
Yeah, I appreciate that if a big premiership club comes in for him that he may want to move, but equally he might be settled in the area and happy to give it one more go in the championship. Even if the does want to move, you can't just sell him. Zaha has begged to leave Palace not just for one season but for the past three years. Ultimately when the transfer window closes, even he wanted a move he's a footballer and will want to get his head down and show what he can do. Keeping hold of him for 12 months shows how serious we are about promotion and if we fail then he is still under a long term contract and very sellable next summer.

I'll take your Zaha's application and raise you a Craig Dawson strop, very disappointing attitude when CD didnt get allowed his move.
All down to characters and management of those characters i think.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1844 on: June 10, 2021, 11:41:11 AM »
Craig Dawson only had 2 options us or them. Wanted to change, because nothing going to happen for him in the next season had he stayed. MP if he stays and if we go up (big if's  again) He can/will play in the prem next season for us. If he stays and we fail to get promoted he will have more options next season from prem clubs any way. Plenty of grounds for optimism here for at least one more season from him. BUT this is WBA we know what will happen don't we? Sold for about half his value, hell it's hard to support this lot
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:48:00 AM by wodenson46 »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1845 on: June 10, 2021, 11:52:25 AM »
I think one thing we have to be wary of is his previous where he threw his toys out at Sporting when the manager left him out of the side resulting in him having a tantrum on social media, I think he left the club not long after so if he wants to go then in this day and age he will be gone
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1846 on: June 10, 2021, 01:21:39 PM »
I think one thing we have to be wary of is his previous where he threw his toys out at Sporting when the manager left him out of the side resulting in him having a tantrum on social media, I think he left the club not long after so if he wants to go then in this day and age he will be gone

No doubt he wants to play football, that shouldn't be an issue. He's already come a long way with us, another 12 months in a hopefully winning side should be more than reconcilable.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1847 on: June 10, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »
With all the shenanigans going on around the search for a manager, he's seen the club for what it really is.
Bet he can't wait to get out.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1848 on: June 10, 2021, 02:40:36 PM »
He won't know anything more than us

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1849 on: June 13, 2021, 05:50:12 PM »

According to the Daily Star we are willing to accept £15m for our star player, with Norwich and Brentford interested.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfers-pereira-chelsea-20804586

I hope there is no truth in it but I seriously would not be surprised.
MAGA!