Author Topic: Bolton Away - Dingles Down?  (Read 8420 times)

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Bolton Away - Dingles Down?
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »
So then we get to Bolton away and by then we would like to think we are safe.

We are in a position in the league where a win takes us no higher and defeat takes us no lower.

A Bolton win and they stay up at the Dingles expense.

Would anyone be tempted to will Bolton on to beat us? I can't imagine doing it myself it just wouldn't feel right. I don't know if I hate the Dingles enough to want us to actually lose a game.

Morally of course we shouldn't want to lose but would anyone be tempted? Just thought it was an interesting hypothetical question to ask.

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

Re: Bolton Away - Dingles Down?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
Stuff the Wolves.

I said last week that Roy's master plan will be to beat Chelsea and Man Utd so that we can let the lower teams beat us and send the Villa down!!

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 03:42:19 PM »
Like Pompey years back, Oh yes
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »
Like Pompey years back, Oh yes

Let's hope we don't go down their route  :o

No chance with JP in charge!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
I can't imagine Roy saying "right, we'll lose this game for our supporters which want Wolves to go down" - Haha. I would be open to the idea, imagine their faces?!

I would also like to see Bolton go down in fairness. Whilst they're sitting their crying their eyes out and we're singing "There's only one Gary Megson" or "You should have kept Gary Megson".
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »
If we are completely safe and there is no way the Villa can catch us then yes, I'd be happy for Bolton to beat us and send the Wo1ve5 down. I would cheer every Bolton goal that confirms the demise of that horrible club.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 06:25:39 PM »
I don't want Wolves to go down...I'd rather they struggled season after season in a relegation battle. I want the BCD, I want the euphoria of beating them, I want the sad dejected look on their stupid fans faces when we beat them time after time...same with Villa. I'd like Blues and Coventry to be in the Prem too just so we can gloat over being top of the pile in the west midlands.

Can you honestly say that you wouldn't want THAT feeling we all had at Molineux year after year after year?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wbatillidie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:04:44 PM »
I don't want Wolves to go down...I'd rather they struggled season after season in a relegation battle. I want the BCD, I want the euphoria of beating them, I want the sad dejected look on their stupid fans faces when we beat them time after time...same with Villa. I'd like Blues and Coventry to be in the Prem too just so we can gloat over being top of the pile in the west midlands.

Can you honestly say that you wouldn't want THAT feeling we all had at Molineux year after year after year?

Totally agree, although it would be excellent to rub it in for a few days if they did get relegated, the BCD is the game I look forward to the most.
"You'll never get past Claudio"

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »
Dont think people would pay good money to want us to lose at Wolves expense. I hope we go all guns blazing for this game.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 08:46:02 PM »

If you could guarantee that this was going to happen every season then yes, of course I would want the same but sadly you cant, therefore I would be very happy to give them loads about the fact that they're not even in the same division, no probs with Blues & Cov but if wolves & villa were in league 2 I wouldn't shed any tears (except ones of happiness)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

rolfestreet

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 09:15:33 PM »
Don't think people would pay good money to want us to lose at Wolves expense. I hope we go all guns blazing for this game.

I'm sure in the nineties a loss to barnsley i think it was meant wolves would be staying down and the albion fans were doing the conga. I would quite happily pay money to see us lose if it meant the wolves were going down.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 09:24:55 PM »
Still think the Wolves will make it. Their run in is pretty good.  In any case I would miss the black country derby.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
Would i give up 3 points for Wo1ve5 to be relegated? No way.

I don't care what happens to wolves if it is at any expense to Albion.

3 points could be the difference between 14th and 8th.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »
We'll pay out of our own pockets to keep them around, but we would lose PL games just to increase the chance of sending them down? Sadistic lot, aren't we?  :-[ Let's just pitch in and buy Wolves, sell their current players and replace them with two dozen Thai ladyboys. Now that's value for your entertainment budget.  ;)

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 09:45:45 PM »
Would i give up 3 points for Wo1ve5 to be relegated? No way.

I don't care what happens to wolves if it is at any expense to Albion.

3 points could be the difference between 14th and 8th.
Totally agree, could be worth a few million, which would be useful.

I couldn't care less about wolves, it's their problem. Yes it's nice to watch them struggle, but it's even nicer to see Albion higher up the table.

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
Still think the Wolves will make it. Their run in is pretty good.  In any case I would miss the black country derby.
After watching them on Sunday if every match was against a conference team they would still go down

Jonah

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 10:02:32 PM »
I would hope we win even if it meant Wolves stayed up. I always remind Wolves fans that we have always been very charitable towards them. They do not like to hear that.
Proud To Be A Baggie.

the_mighty_boosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:30 PM »
cant imagine us singing "let um score" like pompey fans did
i can see us singing "You should have kept Gary Megson" as Liam mentioned, thats taking the urine good and proper  :P plus we can tell the Dingles "thats another hand out for you, off us, dont mess it up this time"

im really really enjoying this season  8)
if i were wrong, dont you think id know it!

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »
win, win, win! 

I don't care about the wolves and the villa, to me they are just an irritation, like piles or crabs.

Having said that would much prefer midlands teams in the prem than some southern ponce team and a bunch of mediocre no fan lancashire outfit.
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 11:15:01 AM »
Depends on if the points could make a difference to our finishing position. If there is a chance we can finish higher in the league with a win, then we should go all out for the victory (Higher prize money for higher finish).

If it is a dead game and makes no difference then roll over and let the Dingles die  :P
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »
If it literally came down to that game, Bolton win and Wolves are relegated then no doubt in my mind I would cheer every Bolton goal as if it were Albion scoring.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 11:41:56 AM »

Have you watched them play lately, worst team i have seen this season, cant see them getting 30 points
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
Good riddance to old ( gold ) rubbish ! :D
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »
i hate that club so much i would cheer every goal we let in.....as long as we were safe and couldnt really move up.

i hope they go down to the conference

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 12:20:32 PM »
   Dont think it matters to be honest because Bolton are going down with the Dingles and Wigan 3 poor teams IMO.