Author Topic: Rangers  (Read 106786 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Rangers
« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »
Cant see that ever happenin so wouldnt worry about that, there no reason for that to happen at all. I doubt Celtic would realy want those either.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »
Cant see that ever happenin so wouldnt worry about that, there no reason for that to happen at all. I doubt Celtic would realy want those either.

Oh they would. Not only would it give them great satisfaction it would also see them near the or the certainly pas the record of 54 titles which they're wanting.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »
If thats true then Celtic really are a disgusting club surely you would want to win those 54 yourself and not inherit them from another club.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2012, 01:05:02 PM »
Either the new Rangers have all the baggage (honours and punishment) of the old club or none of it. It can't be bits and pieces.

Indeed, they seem to want to choose the bits that they want and have nothing to do with the bits that they don't like.

When is the new name going to be decided - surely this has to be done before the first game on Saturday (assuming they can reach agreement with the SFA to play at all)?

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »
Robbie Savage has offered to go and play for Rangers for free in Div 3.

And you thought it couldn't get any worse Liam  ;)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2012, 09:46:52 PM »
Craig Beattie is training with them at the moment. The latest player to cross the divide maybe?
Boing Boing

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #281 on: July 25, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
Craig Beattie up front Robbie Savage in CM.......all they need now is Neville Southall in goal and they should cake walk the Scottish D3................

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2012, 10:04:39 PM »
Craig Beattie is training with them at the moment. The latest player to cross the divide maybe?

I thought Beattie started his career with Rangers, before joining Celtic.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
Robbie Savage has offered to go and play for Rangers for free in Div 3.

And you thought it couldn't get any worse Liam  ;)

Haha! We're still waiting for our membership to be granted. Got a game against Brechin as well on Saturday. 4,000 tickets all sold out  :D

Fair play to Craig Beattie and Iain Black who are training with Rangers. If we could get sign those two up that would be quite impressive, add that to Andy Little who is supposed to be signing a new deal anytime soon.

Allan McGregor is close to joining Besiktas apparently.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:19 PM »
I thought Beattie started his career with Rangers, before joining Celtic.

That's right. A part of the Rangers youth team before he was told he could leave.

He's a Rangers fan as well apparently.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #285 on: July 26, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »
Anybody wanting to see an in-depth view into the finances of Glasgow Rangers and some of the problem off the field then a take a look at the video below. Also the reasons why Rangers are under threat of having some titles stripped due to the EBT's.

In the video is where David Murray's money came from, how Rangers owed the banks so much money, the Craig Whyte take over, where his money came from, ticketus, the appointment of Duff and Phelps who were appointed by Craig Whyte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOuboxnJtyQ&feature=related

the_mighty_boosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
I looked on the Celtic forum last night and a decent amount of them hoped that Rangers going into administration would pave a way for them to join the English league (now the Old Firm issues involving Rangers might be gone), though they were pretty realistic in that it probably wouldn't.

Sure it's only a forum, but I was surprised by the amount of fans who wish to join the English divisions, even if it meant starting at a lower tier.

iv been to many Rangers and celtic games Rich and to be honest they are average Championship teams, big clubs but they wouldnt last a season in the prem
if i were wrong, dont you think id know it!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »
iv been to many Rangers and celtic games Rich and to be honest they are average Championship teams, big clubs but they wouldnt last a season in the prem

Based on the clubs which wanted their players and ex-players in recent years, the OF looked like top Championship sides to me. Add Premier League money to that, and I would have tipped them to upgrade quickly into PL regulars.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:35:30 PM by Quakes Fan »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #288 on: August 10, 2012, 05:14:58 PM »
Another fine! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19215783

The Scottish FA has served a notice of complaint on Rangers manager Ally McCoist and chief executive Charles Green.

McCoist had called for the three-man Scottish FA judiciary panel who punished the club to be named.

And Green claimed bigotry was among the motives for punishing the club for the misdemeanours of the old company.

McCoist & Green have until 17 August to respond, with a hearing set for 13 days later.

Rangers face a 12-month transfer embargo and were fined £160,000.

The punishments came as a result of the club being found guilty of five breaches of SFA rules, while owner Craig Whyte was found guilty of two rule breaches and fined £200,000.
Play media

McCoist had asked: "Who are these people? I want to know who these people are.

"I'm a Rangers supporter and the Rangers supporters and the Scottish public deserve to know who these people are, people who are working for the SFA.

"Make no mistake about it, this is an SFA decision. They have appointed the panel, so therefore they are working for the SFA, but who are they?

"I think we have a right to know who is handing out this punishment to us, I really do."

With Rangers gearing up for life in Division Three, Green reacted after SPL clubs voted against granting his controlling consortium's newco Rangers entry into the top flight.

"Some of it has been driven by bigotry, some of its been driven by jealousy and some of its been driven by all the wrong motives," Green said.

Rangers went into administration last season and Green's Sevco consortium created a new company after failing to prevent the old one being liquidated.

SPL clubs voted against accepting the new club into the top flight and the Scottish Football League clubs voted them into Division Three instead of the First Division.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2012, 05:20:37 PM »
Throw the book at them! They have got away with enough

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »
Throw the book at them! They have got away with enough

You don't mean that really  :D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #291 on: August 11, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19225698

Rangers will be able to borrow as many as nine Newcastle players in a deal that will see Magpies owner Mike Ashley buy a share in the Ibrox club.

The Scottish FA is ready to ratify the move on the condition that Ashley owns no more than 10% of Rangers and has no personal role in running the club.

Ashley's Sports Direct firm will then take over Rangers' replica kit merchandising operation.

Negotiations are under way with JJB Sports to end their retailing contract.

JJB Sports and Rangers entered a 10-year merchandising contract in 2006, when the Glasgow club received an initial payment of £18m with a guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m.

Any Newcastle players switching to Rangers on loan would need to do so before the end of this month, when a year-long signing embargo comes into place for the Scottish Division Three club.

In February Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m to unsecured creditors. As a result its registrations with the Scottish FA and Scottish Premier League were terminated.

Businessman Charles Green led a consortium to buy Rangers' assets for £5.5m and reformed the club as a new company.

But the 'newco' did not get the required votes for re-admittance to the SPL and instead, the new Rangers were relegated to Division Three, drawing 2-2 with Peterhead in their opening game.

Under the terms of the agreement with Newcastle, Rangers are also likely to play the Magpies in a friendly.

Ashley assumed control of Newcastle in 2007, spending £134m in the process.

Ibrox chief executive Charles Green hopes to announce other new investors in the club shortly.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #292 on: August 11, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »
Only got a draw today. ;D
Baggie in Southampton

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #293 on: August 11, 2012, 03:43:53 PM »
Only got a draw today. ;D

I would add the worst just after only..

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2012, 06:50:07 PM »
Newcastle wants to loan players to a club in Scotland's fourth tier?  ???

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #295 on: August 11, 2012, 08:55:43 PM »
Newcastle wants to loan players to a club in Scotland's fourth tier?  ???

Probably 14 year old Academy kids  :D

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
Id be very annoyed if I was a Newcastle fan
Boing Boing

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2012, 10:53:02 PM »
You might question his motives.....success on the pitch or success in the tills ringing around Newcastle and Glasgow

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »
Id be very annoyed if I was a Newcastle fan

Why?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

blootoonbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »
In case anybody missed the match the Huns were very lucky to scramble a draw. The Bloo Toon deserved to win, went 2-1 up with 3minutes to go and conceded a very scrappy equaliser in the last minute.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen! ;D I have no bias, I dislike both sides of the so-called OLD FIRM. I support WBA but only get to occasional games, otherwise I' M LOCAL!  What appealed to me in the 70's was West  Brom's egalitarian approach to football. Check out the Huns history on Catholics.
 Anyone that has anything to do with Rangers or Celtic is a twonk in my mind! Believe in the Albion! Peterhead WBA.