Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1201358 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8600 on: June 20, 2021, 06:51:48 AM »
https://inews.co.uk/news/g7-summit-was-super-spreading-event-for-cornwall-as-cases-rocket-2450-after-johnson-and-biden-visit-1060710

You couldn't make it up. I definitely can see why people are annoyed.
The summit also coincided with the easing of the lockdown and half term, I'm willing to bet Cornwall was full of a lot of other non locals before, during and after the summit to add to the spreading
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8601 on: June 20, 2021, 08:05:04 AM »
I suppose it could be an idea to test the G7 Summit entourage (security details as well as political staff) for Covid to help with track and tracing.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8602 on: June 20, 2021, 08:52:00 AM »
One person in Cornwall is receiving treatment. One. They should really have led with that... Dear me.

Absolutely bang on.

Plus the new outbreak has been identified as starting in Penryn on the campus, caused by students.

The G7 hotspots have been identified as due to the protestors. Packed like sardines, not many in masks and certainly were not testing everyday.

All the G7 entourage were tested daily. There was 2 cases from the entire event.

Infection rates have risen here,  I don’t doubt a mixture of HT week etc but there is very little or non existent hospital admissions from it.

They keep trying to blame the G7 but it had very little to do with it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8603 on: June 20, 2021, 10:17:10 AM »
Perhaps they should mention the Scottish superspreader event in London this week when they celebrated their fantastic 0-0 draw against the English pub team.......
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8604 on: June 20, 2021, 10:52:56 AM »
Perhaps they should mention the Scottish superspreader event in London this week when they celebrated their fantastic 0-0 draw against the English pub team.......

You can see what will happen.
Scottish infection rates increase.
Jimmy Cranky blames the football fans for importing the virus over the border from England
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8605 on: June 20, 2021, 01:19:53 PM »
You can see what will happen.
Scottish infection rates increase.
Jimmy Cranky blames the football fans for importing the virus over the border from England

More likely to blame the government for failing to maintain Hadrian's Wall.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8606 on: June 25, 2021, 09:29:19 AM »
So while Hancock is telling people they can’t hug each other he decides it ok to have an affair and be all over his mistress in work time (which we pay for)..people were unable to see elderly relatives in care homes or have any physical contact at that time, it’s disgusting. The hypocrisy is outrageous from the g7 bbq to the Scottish/English isolation farce with Gilmour, UEFA exceptions that mean they won’t have to quarantine or follow protocols. Gove taking part in a new scheme where he has to test daily and not isolate...how long do people still accept this? “Oh it’s ok they have important jobs and are in powerful positions” just shows the mentality and subservience of people. Seriously at what point do people say enough is enough and stop being treated like mugs. I genuinely can’t believe people keep excusing these waste of space politicians that constantly fail and lie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8607 on: June 25, 2021, 09:32:22 AM »
One rule for us another for them

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8608 on: June 25, 2021, 02:07:58 PM »
So while Hancock is telling people they can’t hug each other he decides it ok to have an affair and be all over his mistress in work time (which we pay for)..people were unable to see elderly relatives in care homes or have any physical contact at that time, it’s disgusting. The hypocrisy is outrageous from the g7 bbq to the Scottish/English isolation farce with Gilmour, UEFA exceptions that mean they won’t have to quarantine or follow protocols. Gove taking part in a new scheme where he has to test daily and not isolate...how long do people still accept this? “Oh it’s ok they have important jobs and are in powerful positions” just shows the mentality and subservience of people. Seriously at what point do people say enough is enough and stop being treated like mugs. I genuinely can’t believe people keep excusing these waste of space politicians that constantly fail and lie.

Hancock thing is disgraceful.

However, what was wrong with the G7 BBQ? They were outside in a group less than the 30

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8609 on: June 25, 2021, 02:23:23 PM »
Hancock thing is disgraceful.

However, what was wrong with the G7 BBQ? They were outside in a group less than the 30

None of them had isolated for 10 days before attending it?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8610 on: June 25, 2021, 03:56:21 PM »

And they were still meant to socially distance while at the BBQ, and they didn't appear to be.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8611 on: June 25, 2021, 04:58:13 PM »
And they were still meant to socially distance while at the BBQ, and they didn't appear to be.

The French git looked like he was almost trying to slip Bidon a fish he was that close
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8612 on: June 25, 2021, 05:09:37 PM »

Tested daily.

We can all hang out at a BBQ with upto 30 people. So why is it an issue they did?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8613 on: June 25, 2021, 05:13:05 PM »
How long will this pandemic last?
The Spanish flu lasted 2 years, and they didn't have the vaccines which we now have.
They had 4 waves of the endemic according to the Encyclopaedia Britannica.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8614 on: June 25, 2021, 05:18:35 PM »
Tested daily.

We can all hang out at a BBQ with upto 30 people. So why is it an issue they did?

Great news, so I can go to Mexico in August without booking an extra 10 days leave. Good to know.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8615 on: June 25, 2021, 06:11:38 PM »
I see there is now a new "lambda" variant
What happened to epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota and kappa?
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8616 on: June 25, 2021, 06:28:37 PM »
Great news, so I can go to Mexico in August without booking an extra 10 days leave. Good to know.

Possibly yes.

They didnt goto Mexico though, they came here. I see nothing in what they have done at the G7 as taking the mick.

I really dont see the issue

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8617 on: June 26, 2021, 08:36:16 AM »
The issue is the double standards of it

Forcing folk to live within restrictions, forcing folk to wear masks..

Yet they’re on the beach, having a few bevvies and not a mask in sight..

You can hardly preach to others when you’re guilty of not following the rules yourself.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8618 on: June 26, 2021, 08:57:30 AM »
The actions of those in charge have shown how serious they view the advice they give out.

Politicians don't even take their own scaremongering seriously and never have.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8619 on: June 26, 2021, 09:18:04 AM »
Serious questions need to be asked. Like what on earth do either of them see in each other? Yuck  :-X .

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8620 on: June 26, 2021, 10:20:54 AM »
Nothing will happen, this government have made themselves unaccountable. There is one rule for our overlords, one for us. Making a mockery of the public office

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8621 on: June 26, 2021, 10:29:01 AM »
Nothing will happen, this government have made themselves unaccountable. There is one rule for our overlords, one for us. Making a mockery of the public office

Lockdowns are for the little guys. Simple as.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8622 on: June 26, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »
I haven’t had the vaccine and I won’t until they start making stupid rules up about not letting you go abroad etc which would be absurd.

I’m 29 with no health conditions; it is just not going to hurt me, every single statistic backs this up.

The Vaccine is fantastic for the people who need it (elderly & vulnerable).

Whether I have it or not has absolutely no bearing on anybody else, if I get Covd then who cares? Certainly not me as it won’t affect me. If 300,000 25 year olds get it then who cares? Nobody as it doesn’t affect them.

If it is passed on to someone elderly or vulnerable then they have had the vaccine so they will be protected which is fantastic.

There are more hospitals in the country than Covid patients as the vaccine is working and done its job.

I can see no reasonable argument for me to have this vaccine, it doesn’t affect me and the people it does affect are vaccinated. Can’t really see what we are doing still locked down.
I would care if you were the host for a mutation resistant to vaccines, your part of the reason we cannot beat this thing until we get the majority of the planet vaccinated
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8623 on: June 26, 2021, 02:15:26 PM »
I would care if you were the host for a mutation resistant to vaccines, your part of the reason we cannot beat this thing until we get the majority of the planet vaccinated

Personally I never bothered to respond to that post Albionic, I assumed that he had started on the Bathams at 12........it beggars belief.
MAGA!

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8624 on: June 26, 2021, 02:21:17 PM »
I’d highly recommend a Joe Rogan podcast with Brett Weinstein and Dr.Pierre Kory (and most of Weinstein's podcasts to be fair). May change people’s perspective a little bit