Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843995 times)

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3050 on: February 20, 2019, 09:08:04 AM »
Brilliant result - great work by everyone. I would have taken a draw at the start but we showed we can go on to the end and the win was thoroughly deserved.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3051 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:13 AM »
Away from home we look good - hopefully we can finally get some home form going too?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3052 on: February 20, 2019, 10:06:21 AM »
Hats off to DM and the team.

February looked such a season defining month and so far we have come through it with flying colours. If we can remain within touching distance of the top 2 after the Sheffield and Leeds games, then in my opinion, DM will have a promotion on his CV.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3053 on: February 20, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »
Think its also worth highlighting that DM's substitutions last night helped us win the game.

Harper and Barry were involved in the winning goal, both also helped us to push on before we got the equaliser.

Just mentioning it as I know DM gets a fair bit of stick for his lack of/poor subs.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3054 on: February 23, 2019, 07:39:03 PM »
Utterly clueless, yet again he does absolutely nothing to change the game when it obviously wasn't working. I didn't want him the day we appointed him. I got loads of stick after the Brentford game when I said he'd be out of management within 5 years, I still stand by that statement and it's becoming more likely with every passing week. The guy is incapable of reading a football match and, even worse, incapable of learning from his mistakes.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3055 on: February 23, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »
It happened v Forest and it happened today.  When you give away stupid goals early it gives the opposition something to hang on to.

Are our players too relaxed before they go out?

We seem to lack aggression and intensity early in games.

Barry was so bad he should've been hooked at half time and we should have gone for it.

I am concerned about Gayle and J Rod there seems to be no chemistry.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3056 on: February 23, 2019, 07:52:22 PM »
Should of took Harper off after 2 minutes.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3057 on: February 23, 2019, 08:09:31 PM »
Schooled by a decent coach tonight, looking like a rabbit caught in head lights.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3058 on: February 23, 2019, 08:10:18 PM »
Do you think if Moore was manager back in the day he’d have played Kevin Phillips wide left? Asking for a friend.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3059 on: February 23, 2019, 08:26:49 PM »
Do you think if Moore was manager back in the day he’d have played Kevin Phillips wide left? Asking for a friend.

Great post. Too many on here know nothing. Hardly anybody mentions Gayle playing out wide left. He’s a 6 yard box player.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3060 on: February 23, 2019, 08:33:08 PM »

Great post. Too many on here know nothing. Hardly anybody mentions Gayle playing out wide left. He’s a 6 yard box player.

Watch out, you'll have the Moore fan club on here soon telling you what a tactical masterclass it is. Someone compared him to Salah the other week. Wide attackers don't work when the player being played there is a poacher, and especially when they are 5'9" and the only gameplan is to lump crosses into the box.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3061 on: February 23, 2019, 08:34:08 PM »
I thought it would be busy on this topic tonight. After the quite after our last 2 games.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3062 on: February 23, 2019, 08:34:47 PM »
Watch out, you'll have the Moore fan club on here soon telling you what a tactical masterclass it is. Someone compared him to Salah the other week. Wide attackers don't work when the player being played there is a poacher, and especially when they are 5'9" and the only gameplan is to lump crosses into the box
As I said last week after the win can we cut this sort of stuff out week in week, don't want it on here, petty squabbling better suited to other social media.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:49:39 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3063 on: February 23, 2019, 09:00:53 PM »
I'm still fully behind Darren because it IS a big job, but the season will be a failure if we don't get promoted purely due to the way we've gone about it, there is ZERO planning for another season in this league, none, so at this time Darren is very close to failure. He has to arrest the home form, he has to get some guile into midfield and he has to get the best out of the best pure goal scorer in the division.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3064 on: February 23, 2019, 09:04:16 PM »
The man has no plan B and his interviews offer no insight. I cannot believe that he tells the players to do what they did tonight. They had no idea where to pass and lacked any form of creativity.

We were a shambles tonight. Sheff utd played the perfect game. They got an early goal and then defended as a unit. They completely shut us out. Moore had nothing to fall back on, but blames it on having too many games. Pathetic.

Why was SJ time wasting throughout the match at every goal kick? Who actually tells him the game plan? They need a kick up the rs because it doesn't work.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3065 on: February 23, 2019, 09:13:49 PM »
I'm still fully behind Darren because it IS a big job, but the season will be a failure if we don't get promoted purely due to the way we've gone about it, there is ZERO planning for another season in this league, none, so at this time Darren is very close to failure. He has to arrest the home form, he has to get some guile into midfield and he has to get the best out of the best pure goal scorer in the division.

I agree that not getting promoted would be deemed as failure.  Darren Moore deserves to see out the season as a minimum.  I believe we can win at Elland Road, we are good enough.

I just don’t think we are compact enough as a unit without the ball.  We just concede horror goals regularly.  We shouldn’t need to always score 2 or 3 to win a game.  The goal tonight was pathetic from our viewpoint, just no challenge whatsoever.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3066 on: February 23, 2019, 09:18:50 PM »
In a short space of time 3 organised teams have come to the Hawthorns with a game plan aimed to frustrate and pick us off knowing we will make a mistake at the back.

I do worry about how much influence of Graeme Jones on Moore and who is actually calling the shots .We aren’t streetwise and in this league that worries me.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3067 on: February 23, 2019, 09:30:48 PM »
The man has no plan B and his interviews offer no insight. I cannot believe that he tells the players to do what they did tonight. They had no idea where to pass and lacked any form of creativity.

We were a shambles tonight. Sheff utd played the perfect game. They got an early goal and then defended as a unit. They completely shut us out. Moore had nothing to fall back on, but blames it on having too many games. Pathetic.

Why was SJ time wasting throughout the match at every goal kick? Who actually tells him the game plan? They need a kick up the rs because it doesn't work.

I don’t take any notice of his interviews.  It’s what he says to the players in the dressing room and on the training ground that counts.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3068 on: February 23, 2019, 09:46:17 PM »
Moore has said all season to get out of this legaue you need to score goals. We failed to do that today, I was not at the game so can't comment on why that was, but it is probably along the lines Shef utd came for a point or to nick a goal and we could not break them down.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3069 on: February 23, 2019, 09:53:37 PM »
Off the ball I would say we’ve seen some improvements over the season regarding our off the ball play, and that is apparently thanks to Darren Moore who coaches this area.

On the ball not seen that much improvement and it’s supposed to be Graeme Jones in charge of coaching this area.

It’s strange, Darren Moore was very pragmatic in the PL yet now completely up for football from the back. I’m personally pleased with our attempts to at least try this approach after Pulis and Pardew but maybe too much trust in our assistant?

I’ve seen better off the ball management, greater opportunity to youngsters and earlier intervention with substitutions as the season has progressed. However home form is awful and I do not see a consistent approach in our playing style when we have the ball.

We’re good at spreading play keeping possession using our wings and patiently waiting for space we can create yet I do not see an emphasis on this area during games.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:57:36 PM by letmereadposts »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3070 on: February 23, 2019, 09:59:47 PM »
He has to get the players working as a team.
Today Sheffield showed us up and how to play as a team.
They attacked in force, and when they didn't have the ball, they filed back QUICKLY (which we allowed them to do, because we were ponderously passing the ball around the back).

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3071 on: February 23, 2019, 10:05:33 PM »
I don’t take any notice of his interviews.  It’s what he says to the players in the dressing room and on the training ground that counts.

Which validates my point. If he can't give a basic explanation with regards an overview of the game, without reverting to "the other team were well organised", what can the man do ON the training ground? My answer is that the players don't know what to do and that was abundantly clear tonight. The players were out of ideas as soon as sheff utd scored.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3072 on: February 23, 2019, 10:14:43 PM »
Said it last week after a win and saying it again tonight after a defeat, can we cut the pathetic childish squabbling, the pathetic sarcastic posts and start acting like adults, if its difficult then we'll make it easier and give you a break for a spell

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3073 on: February 23, 2019, 10:29:38 PM »
Moore has said all season to get out of this legaue you need to score goals. We failed to do that today, I was not at the game so can't comment on why that was, but it is probably along the lines Shef utd came for a point or to nick a goal and we could not break them down.
No it wasn't that, they were fresher and sharper than us today and inexplicably we failed to change a tired and malfunctioning midfield 3.
The bench, either the choice of players on it (OK today) or actually using it correctly (was a problem today) seems to be DMs biggest failing.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3074 on: February 24, 2019, 01:48:27 AM »
Some were tipping us for another relegation at the start of the season

Sorry, but who said that? That's absurd.