Author Topic: WWE  (Read 16293 times)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

Re: WWE
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 01:19:33 PM »
Anybody see the twitter pictures of our own Ben Foster attending their event in Nottingham? Apparently Damian Lewis went the night before, and then I saw a picture of David Haye there as well, so it's still got it's appeal for some people.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 01:41:02 PM »
Seems to be the in thing at the moment for celebs to be spotted at the WWE!

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 02:25:27 PM »
If you record it and play it back inn slow-motion you will see none of their punches hit home. Load of rubbish.Give me Count Bartellli and Kendo Nagasaki.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 05:15:34 PM »
If you record it and play it back inn slow-motion you will see none of their punches hit home. Load of rubbish.Give me Count Bartellli and Kendo Nagasaki.

It's entertaining though. It's staged but It doesn't mean they don't get hurt.
the regime don't like it man

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 07:13:23 PM »
I was at the RAW taping in Londonast night,  was bloody brilliant,  still hoarse from the shouting. Saw a baggies fan in an away top and was tempted to shout baggies but didn't.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 09:22:59 PM »
It's entertaining though. It's staged but It doesn't mean they don't get hurt.

Don't they have a lot of high profile injuries? Sure I heard they'd got a few concussions that weren't cleared medically. That's how fake it is. Might not be two lads thrashing seven shades out of each other but they still take bumps.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 11:30:08 PM »
Absolutley loving the new generation at the moment.

Cant wait for shinsuke nakumura to debut on main roster though
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:44:14 AM by MarkW »

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 12:23:02 AM »
Absolutley loving the new generation at the moment.

Cant wait for shinsuke nakumura to debut on main roster though
How long do stars of other promotions tend to stay in NXT? Samoa Joe's been there for something like a year now, while AJ Styles bypassed the whole thing (though Styles is the bigger star)

Personally I'm enjoying Enzo & Cass, their debut with the Dudleys has to be one of the most over debuts without actually wrestling!

AND YOU CANT. TEACH. THAT!!   :D :D

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
If you take it for what it is, just a form of entertainment akin to a soap opera that attempts to tell some kind of story then its great and appeals to a lot of people. I used to love it as a kid but still watch it on and off now, I appreciate the story telling when its done well which isn't often enough unfortunately but I think the athleticism they show can be exceptional.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:25 AM »
RIP Chyna

West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 01:35:50 AM »
General Managers have been selected for the Brand Split tomorrow.

Raw will be run by Stephanie Mcmahon and the great Mick Foley

Smackdown run by Shane O'Mac and DANIEL BRYAN!!!

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 08:37:41 PM »
genuinely think wwe is the best its been in years right now

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 10:07:59 PM »
It best bring out the best in WWE this brand split ive been fed up with the current stuff, got the network and currently watching everything in order from 1993 onwards (yes im a Saido) but the old stuff was the best.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »
Does the Network have all the Smackdown and Raw's from the attitude era? I just want to rewatch the attitude era in order. Spent many a night of my childhood watching it.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »
General Managers have been selected for the Brand Split tomorrow.

Raw will be run by Stephanie Mcmahon and the great Mick Foley

Smackdown run by Shane O'Mac and DANIEL BRYAN!!!

I have serious doubts about this brand split. It only partially worked before, Vince and co. didn't take it seriously enough to make the most of it, and I doubt they will this time.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »
I have serious doubts about this brand split. It only partially worked before, Vince and co. didn't take it seriously enough to make the most of it, and I doubt they will this time.

Raw was always the flagship before and they didn't like it when Smackdown started to outperform that show the previous time they did the brand extension. If they allow it to become really competitive now that Smackdown is actually live too then I think it has the potential to be much better this time but like you I have my doubts.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 02:01:14 PM »
It best bring out the best in WWE this brand split ive been fed up with the current stuff, got the network and currently watching everything in order from 1993 onwards (yes im a Saido) but the old stuff was the best.

It stopped being good when WCW went out of business. It has it's good moments here or there (The Daniel Bryan stuff a couple of years ago) but overall it suffers from lazy booking and writing.
the regime don't like it man

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 03:02:06 PM »
Does the Network have all the Smackdown and Raw's from the attitude era? I just want to rewatch the attitude era in order. Spent many a night of my childhood watching it.

think it does, constantly adding more shows each month

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 09:14:38 PM »
It stopped being good when WCW went out of business. It has it's good moments here or there (The Daniel Bryan stuff a couple of years ago) but overall it suffers from lazy booking and writing.

Because they are the only show in town, they have become complacent and know they can just turn out the same old rubbish and people will watch.

That said, TV audiences in the States are dipping.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »
Majority of the matches are top quality these days but the story telling aspect has been absolutely terrible for years and holds many people back as they have to stick to being PG for tv.  Until they improve that aspect of it then the show will continue to dwindle.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2020, 03:16:51 AM »
Anyone still watch WWE or AEW, NJPW etc.?

If you can't tell I'm trying to bring back the woodman. (where this thread should be because pro wrestling is not a sport)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2020, 04:55:02 AM »

If you can't tell I'm trying to bring back the woodman. (where this thread should be because pro wrestling is not a sport)

I was a huge fan of the wwe in the attitude era but after that it died for me when they split into raw and smackdown they had too many poor wrestlers on the books to pad out the 2 franchises...

Having said that a few years ago whilst away in the states I was given the opportunity to watch wwe from corporate in the staples centre in la and it was a great spectacle
O Albion we love you

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2020, 11:25:53 AM »
Followed WWF/WWE since I was a little lad when it used to be on ITV after midnight around 1985/6. Getting up for school the next morning was painful I can tell you but so worth it.

Fell in love with it big time around 1991 and then became a hardcore wrestling fan in more than one sense of the word in 1993 when I first saw ECW shows and TV thorugh buying tapes off an underground trader.

Promptly got into Njpw and AJPW which were great but All-Japan Women blew me away. Manami Toyota was just incredible. Even better than Kenta Kobashi on her day.

Used to watch FMW and W*ING too along with Michinoku Pro. Also fell in love with AAA lucha libre on Sky foreign channels in 1994.

I adored the attitude era but lost my love for wrestling slowly I'ver the last 10 years. I Am a subscriber to the Wwe network but only use it to watch the monthly PPV and NXT. The Takeovers are fantastic.

Casually watch AEW on and off and it's a fine show although I don't get the love in with it. I guess people just needed a viable non Wwe option.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »

Watched Royal Rumble this year and loved Edge's return. Other than that i haven't really watched it!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2020, 01:32:40 PM »
Probably get some pelters for this, but I much preferred the days of Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus, Giant Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki, Big Daddy, Catweazle, Brian Glover (Actor), Pat Roach (Actor), Harvey Smith (Show Jumper).

And on Cup Final Day, on World of Sport I think it was, before the build up to the kick off Jackie Pallo v Mick McManus, now that was entertainment, brilliant stuff.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.