0 (0%)
Long
0 (0%)
Tchoyi
4 (10.8%)
Morrison
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: 22 Oct 2011 Aston Villa 1 Albion 2  (Read 151481 times)

astle68

• WBA Coach

Re: Opposition View
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2011, 08:10:54 PM »
Villa`s squad as a whole is very small and with 1 or 2 injurys they will suffer,
but this starting 11 is as good as anyone outside the top 4.

.........................................................................Given.................................................................................
.....Hutton..............................................Collins...........Dunne...................................................Warnock.....
.....Bannan............................................Ireland...........Petrov.................................................Albrighton.....
.......................................................................N`Zogbia..............................................................................
.....................................................................Agbonlahor..............................................................................

Darren Bent never does anything against the Albion so might as well leave him on the bench.
You've bloody well said it now, haven't you?

Bent hat-trick, nailed on

astle68

• WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2011, 08:15:32 PM »
Same as sunday

Tchoyi tortured them first half last season at their place and was extremely unlucky not to get a goal. Second half Jara decided for some reason that switching the ball to Thomas every time he got the ball was a better idea, even when Tchoyi was in loads of space

If Long and Tchoyi are on form they'll rip their centre halves a new one

astle68

• WBA Coach

Re: "You only sell out for take that"
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2011, 08:18:56 PM »
The clubs want the fans creating a good atmosphere though but then the stewards are on at the fans as soon as they stand up, the clubs can't have it both ways.

Re: McLeish. If he'd done a good job at Blues i'd have loved us stealing him off them but the fact is he took them down twice playing the worst football in the league. Our board were so determined to get someone with 'premier league experience', even though that experience was two relegations. I said then i'd rather we took a gamble on Paul Lambert, he'd have got us finishing higher and playing bettr football.

He did sign Bent yes which is fair enough but i still maintain he only signed him to keep us up (which he did). £20m was a small price to pay compared to relegation and without him we could easily have gone down. I still maintain if we'd have been about 10th and clear of relegation he wouldn't have spent 20m on Bent. It's spot on what you said, these days Lerner is happy for us to stay up, spend as little as possible and make a profit.
That's because you overspent for years chasing the dream of the top 4.

Once it was clear that was never going to happen without spending even more money and risking the club's future, Lerner pulled the reigns in and O'Neill threw a paddy and left. Any sensible person can see that the Villa need to get their house in order before they try and push on, and IMO McLeish is a solid appointment who will keep you up without spending mental money nor wanting to.

That Bent money will need to be generated from somewhere aswell as you simply didn't have it

One of the Seals

« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
That's because you overspent for years chasing the dream of the top 4.

Once it was clear that was never going to happen without spending even more money and risking the club's future, Lerner pulled the reigns in and O'Neill threw a paddy and left. Any sensible person can see that the Villa need to get their house in order before they try and push on, and IMO McLeish is a solid appointment who will keep you up without spending mental money nor wanting to.

That Bent money will need to be generated from somewhere aswell as you simply didn't have it
Pretty much it, however mon takes a lot of the blame by buying utter pooh (harewood, maloney) spending well over the odds on players (reo coker, petrov). He did get a real gem in milner and young though but again I think we could have been shrewder
McLeish is a good appointment imo, I have no troubles with it, won plenty of trophies in scotland, I know it was only rangers but he was being outspent by celtic and still done better, also finishing 2nd and winning cups with motherwell and hibs. Taking blose to their best league finish in 50 odd years and winning them their 1st major trophey. There playing in europe tommorow because of his work
Ill back Villa and Randy 100%, ill get frustrated and moan, I'm only human, but ill never boycott the Villa because I don't like the manager, its childish and fickle.

One of the Seals

« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2011, 08:35:43 PM »
Now weve had albion fans and opposition fans arguing but two opposition fans arguing with eachother has to be a first  :P  ;D
Every forum bcv is on he's moaning about Villa, if he really is a fan he don't show it, he's mentioned on another forum he's boycotting.when people call Villa fans fickle, my 1st thought is bcv

the_mighty_boosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
All of them would get in our Albion team,
so as much as we hate them please dont underestimate them.

i think one or two of the Albion would get into the villa team, Brunt, Odem, Mulumbu(i know thats three :-*) and if Long keeps on going the way he is, then him to.
if we improve on sundays performance i can see us getting a draw, 2.2 Long and olly
if i were wrong, dont you think id know it!

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
I haven't boycotted because i don't like the manager, i'm staying away for all the reasons stated on the previous page.

McLeish is a terrible manager. His tactics are laughable, he plays players out of position and his style of play is dire. He took Blues down twice and played the worst football in the league, ok they finished 9th but so did we last season and we were rubbish. Says it all about the fantastic achievement of finishing 9th. He won trophies in Scotland, anyone on this forum could do that. You've got a 50-50 chance of winning trophies up there. Lets not forget he finished 3rd with Rangers in a 2 team league. He won't be a success here, any run of three defeats and the fans will turn straight away. Lerner's ambition is for us to stay up so McLeish might just buck his trend and manage to keep a team in this league.

Lerner did back O'Neill yes but he was an imcompetent idiot who wasted millions on average players and gave dross like Beye big contracts. However if Lerner hasn't got the money or ambition to maintain the spending and maintain our top six status then he should look to sell up. Hoping to stay up whilst spending as little as possible isn't good enough and if you want to pay up to £47 for that or £400+ for a season ticket then you're mental and i'd rather be childish and fickle.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2011, 08:52:36 PM »
How can you say that things have not got better??? is your bias to AM clouding your judgment??
Alex is that you?

Come on then, enlighten me as to how things have got better?...

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Just for Fun
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2011, 08:53:22 PM »
1. How do you see albions season going?
I think we will finish about 14th overall
2. How do you see Villa's going?
About mid table i see Villa finishing the draws will cost them finishing higher
3. Magic moment for you in this game?
Long scoring with five minutes to go
4. Tragic moment?
Letting in an own goal in front of the Holte End
5. Are you going?
No
6. If you've been to VP, what's your honest opinion of it?
7. Score prediction?
Villa 1 Albion 1
8. Is this YOUR biggest derby?
Tough to say really, I think Wolves just pips it.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

One of the Seals

« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2011, 08:54:11 PM »
Also winning tropheys with hibs and motherwell, finishing 2nd with them and won more tropheys than mon despite being well outspent
For us finishing 9th is nothing, for a team like blose its huge. The 1st time he got sent down let's be honest, they were pooh and already dead and buried.
I agree mon wasted millions, but he also found some gems, finished 6th 3 teams, got us into europe (albeit not far), took us to wembley for a final where we was robbed and took us to an fa cup semi final. Considering what we had been through before and where we was before we joined, it was a great acheivement

I can't afford a 400 pound season ticket, if I could I would have got one and ill be getting one next season no matter what league were in.  I'm glad your boycotting, less boo's and whines when were not 10 nil up v man yoo at half time

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2011, 09:02:31 PM »
You're more likely to finish in the bottom half of the table than the top half this season with McLeish in charge.

The signing of Given is a masterstroke as he is one of the best 3 Premier League 'keepers.  He will save you points this season so theres no chance of going down IMO.  You have some talented kids coming through but inevitably they will get poached like Milner Downing and Young were.

You are in danger of losing your tag this season as the Midlands top club and I know for a fact, from the Villa fans I know, that is going to hurt like hell.   A good mate of mine couldnt hide his delight last season when the season ended and you'd squeaked ahead of us.

IMO you are far weaker this season and with the additions of Foster for Carson, McAuley for Meite and Long for Miller we are stronger.  You are still dangerous with the likes of Bent and Agbonlahor but we now have players who can cause you problems too.

After the boost the win against Wolves has undoubtably given our players I think we could well get our first win at Villa Park in a long time.

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »
Also winning tropheys with hibs and motherwell, finishing 2nd with them and won more tropheys than mon despite being well outspent
For us finishing 9th is nothing, for a team like blose its huge. The 1st time he got sent down let's be honest, they were pooh and already dead and buried.
I agree mon wasted millions, but he also found some gems, finished 6th 3 teams, got us into europe (albeit not far), took us to wembley for a final where we was robbed and took us to an fa cup semi final. Considering what we had been through before and where we was before we joined, it was a great acheivement

I can't afford a 400 pound season ticket, if I could I would have got one and ill be getting one next season no matter what league were in.  I'm glad your boycotting, less boo's and whines when were not 10 nil up v man yoo at half time
Dead and buried? He took over in November. A good manager would have turned things round but his tactics are rubbish and he only know how to play one way. He took them down last season playing the same dross for 38 games and didn't change a thing because he can only play in the same negative way.

You say i'm biased against him but you're either McLeish himself, his wife or his agent. He's a sub-standard manager who plays garbage football and if you want to pay £400 next season to watch the tripe he serves up then more fool you. Look on the bright side, you'll have your choice of seats in the ground because our crowds will dwindle even more if he's still here.

As for the bit about Man Utd at the end, nothing like a bit of exaggeration to try and make your point when you're struggling.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »
When you can pay on the gate to get into Old Trafford and the richest club in the world cannot sell out for a Misnomer League game, I think its very clear that the English game is dying and the first signs of decomposition are showing. 

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2011, 09:26:35 PM »
No they're not. We've only beat Wigan and Blackburn and we've played dire football in the process, and things will only get worse with ginger bonce in charge.

No content with weeping all over Heroes and Villains, BlackCountry Villa has decided to take his suicide special on a road show tour.

I bet you sigh when you wake up and see its a sunny day outside as the potential for melanomas increases.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

Re: Predictions
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:16 PM »
Aston Villa 9 - 0 West Brom.

And in the second half we'll stick on an extra two, because we're nice like that. 

One of the Seals

« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »
Alex is that you?

I assume your refferering to me
We've replaced downing with the zog, gabbys refound form, the youngsters (bannan in particular) are finding their form, stans looking good, givens a top class keeper and were picking up points, one lose to man city is nothing to be ashamed of, the draw with newcastle is a good point when you look at the start they had and a unfortunate og robbed us off 3 from qpr
The players are playing as a team
The defence is so much more tighter
The players seem to enjoy playing under Eck

Of course your going to enlighten all this as rubbish as you sit on your arm chair complaining how pooh villa are and wanking over albion.

One of the Seals

« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »
Dead and buried? He took over in November. A good manager would have turned things round but his tactics are rubbish and he only know how to play one way. He took them down last season playing the same dross for 38 games and didn't change a thing because he can only play in the same negative way.

You say i'm biased against him but you're either McLeish himself, his wife or his agent. He's a sub-standard manager who plays garbage football and if you want to pay £400 next season to watch the tripe he serves up then more fool you. Look on the bright side, you'll have your choice of seats in the ground because our crowds will dwindle even more if he's still here.

As for the bit about Man Utd at the end, nothing like a bit of exaggeration to try and make your point when you're struggling.
He took over in november with the worst team they had for many years. That negative play also had success
The exaggeration comment you made pales into insignificance with the agent or wife comment!
I'll pay what I like to be 'a fool'. Otherwise known as someone who can afford to go and watch his club. The fact very few teams are selling out now says it all

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »
Oh this is fun!

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »
Wanking over Albion? Haha i haven't said one thing about them, only about how poor we are.

Everton and Newcastle completely outplayed us and QPR were slightly unlucky to only draw with us. We've won two games against relegation fodder and got battered against the only good team we've played. Wait until December comes round, we'll do well to win once in that month and we'll see what you and the few others who like him think about McLeish then.

One of the Seals

Re: Peter Grant?
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »
Indeed, they are.

That means we'll be turning up to Vile Park on Saturday and walking away with three points!  ;D
Bugger! Walked into that one!

One of the Seals

« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2011, 09:58:47 PM »
Wanking over Albion? Haha i haven't said one thing about them, only about how poor we are.

Everton and Newcastle completely outplayed us and QPR were slightly unlucky to only draw with us. We've won two games against relegation fodder and got battered against the only good team we've played. Wait until December comes round, we'll do well to win once in that month and we'll see what you and the few others who like him think about McLeish then.
You don't have a bad word to say about them, but when it comes to Villa you can't wait to have a pop
Everton were the better team and we were lucky to get a point, fighting spirit (another thing that's come in with Eck) come through. Newcaslte outplayed us? Have a day off! Its not even as if you were there to comment on it!!
It dm what I think about Eck, no one man is bigger than the club! Ill be there no matter what. Your sit at home giving suicidal thoughts, you've never anything positive to say, the most fickle and depressive villa fan I've had the mis-fortune to 'talk' to

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2011, 10:07:03 PM »
BCV really is the absoloute summing up of my opinions of vilers.

Deluded
Arrogant
Spoilt
Fickle
Lackng in moral fibre

We may be smaller but at least we appreciate what we have after sticking with our team through tough lean years.
I only go for the beer.

Loyalvillan

« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2011, 10:08:31 PM »
Alex is that you?

Team spirit seems to have been revitalized,Dunne back to his best, Gabby doing a sterling job replacing Ash at the moment on the left, until last game we were unbeaten and a solid if not spectacular start the the season!

GH nearly destroyed Villa and AM has a big job to do...gets a C+ grade from me so far!

are you one of the "Faithful" that has decided to stay away while AM is in charge??

Forget where AM came from and understand we need to put our house in order both on and off the pitch, we are not going to pull up any tress at the moment mbut the signs are there and they are encouraging!!

Loyalvillan

« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
BCV really is the absoloute summing up of my opinions of vilers.

Deluded
Arrogant
Spoilt
Fickle
Lackng in moral fibre

We may be smaller but at least we appreciate what we have after sticking with our team through tough lean years.

Not all Villa fans think that way mate! and i for one do appreciate what we have

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »
Any Villa fan for me who boycotts games because they dont like the club appointing a manager that aothough got relegated with Blues last year still has a very good record is a disgrace.

How about they realise that they arent as big as they used to be and McLeish was one of the better candidates they could attract.