Morrison
0 (0%)
Tchoyi
0 (0%)
Brunt
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: September 17, 2011, 04:10:59 PM

Author Topic: 11 Sept 2011 Norwich City 0 Albion 1  (Read 110772 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Predictions
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2011, 08:58:24 AM »
I have already predicted but i would be bitterly disappointed if we come away with nowt
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »
In my opinion if we get nowt from the next 3 grames we will struggle all season.This games is massive.We must not get beat
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

sayer3

• Junior Baggie

Re: Predictions
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »
0 - 3 odem fgs

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2011, 11:22:23 AM »
Foster

Reid
Dawson
Olsson
Shorey

Brunt
Scharner
Mulumbu
Thomas

Tchoyi
Odemwingie

Fulop, Tamas, Jara, Dorrans, Morrison, Fortune, Cox

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »
I am really am confident that we can get some very good results from the next three games, Norwich's defence is pretty poor.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Mulumbu99

« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2011, 12:01:48 PM »
I am really am confident that we can get some very good results from the next three games, Norwich's defence is pretty poor.

sure norwich fans think the same about our defence

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2011, 12:02:47 PM »
Same, as jack says, these next 3 games are a real test for the upcoming season. Picking up minimal points could be detrimental to our campaign hopes as october promises some harder tests with 2 local derbies, a game against liverpool at home and sunderland away. We MUST target the wins here, its easy to fall back on comfort and say you would take a point here and there etc, but we have to go out for at least 5 points imo. Im not saying ill be gutted if we dont win them all, i just want to see some real passion and show that we belong in the epl!

Morany

« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »
What beat Fulham, are you having a laugh

Yep, that'll be a draw.

Yam Yam Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #183 on: September 08, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

is anyone nervous?
« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2011, 01:58:52 PM »
After a few deletions, I have been asked by moderators to make sure any questions I post on here are able to generate thought provoking discussion.

So....

Are you, like me, feeling a little bit nervous ahead of sundays game? If so, I want to hear from YOU!
If you are feeling nervous, why are you feeling nervous?

Could it be that we have gone 3 matches without a point and the tension of making it 4, however unlikely, is causing you a little bit of tension? Is it because you feel the norwich are far stronger than we think? Do you think RH will underestimate Norwich? Do the players underestimate Norwich? Do we the fans underestimate Norwich? Which player battles are you looking forward to the most? Do we have weaknesses that appeal to Norwich's strengths? Where do you think Norwich's strengths lie?

Are you excited by the prospect of perhaps seening Odem and Long playing upfront together? Will they work well together? Will they start together? What role will big somen play this sunday? Are you concerned with Longs injury and odems lack of playing time? Will they factor in RHs selection?

Are you excited by Geras return and are you nervous about his recent injury? Will he walk straight into the starting 11? If so who will he replace? And what about Dorrans, will he start? Who do you think is expendable in our midfield? Will we play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or would we fare better playing the experimental 3-2-1-1-2-1 tactic that worked for you last night on football manager? What are our strengths? What are our weaknesses?

How about our defence? Who will partner Olsson? Has Tamas done enough to merit a place in our starting 11? Why has RH been praising Dawson so much lately after his success with the under 21s? Is this a clear sign the RH believes him ready to play? What effect will Reids wedding have on his performance? Will he still be drunk on love? Does this make you nervous? If so I want to hear from you!

Are you, like me, traveling to the game this Sunday on the coaches? Does the 5 hour trip make you feel edgy? Are you bad traveller? Are you car sick? Are you worried about Norwich itself? Are you worried about how we shall be received? Are their fans horrible rascals who will abuse Fortune more so than our own support? Are you excited about maybe seeing Delia Smith? Will she be drunk?

Whether you feel optimistic, pessimistic, or 'just don't care - its only Norwich', I want to hear from you!
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

dB

Re: is anyone nervous?
« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »
First game where we are expected to take 3 points.

Yeah, I'm nervous as hell.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
No disrespect to Norwich but we have to be winning these games.I will be more nervous going into the Swansea game if we loose this one
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

the_mighty_boosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »
not nervous, hoping, no, preying that we get some points on the board!
we got to beat norwich its as simple as that!
if i were wrong, dont you think id know it!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
Nice early start  ::) no doubt the rest of the car will be quiet as they'll all be asleep.
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »
considering it was 800 on tuesday im pleased we will have a pretty good turnout now. absolutely buzzing for this. where are people sitting? i got a block g seat after asking to switch. anyone know what letter the highest row goes to? i heard DD but im not sure.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »
I've followed the Albion for decades. I've seen us fall flat on our noses so many times in situations where we are favourites and "expected to win". Last season again we had a very poor record indeed against the lesser lights of the division.

We are in transition atm into a new playing system, one that doesn't fit most of our players naturally. I expect this autumnn to be rocky with some solid games, some good games (hopefully) and some attrocious games (Stoke!). I dont think we will see a really good in form Albion team until this spring (hopefully not too late!) if we persist with this rather static form of 442 Roy prefers. 

We are looking to put things right against Norwich after our difficult start, but they will match us in determination. I am not nervous, it is out of my hands, but a win here would settle a lot of irritated nerves and give us breathing room to work without undue pressure. A draw would be a bit meh, a loss seriously irritating but not fatal this early in the campaign.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »
considering it was 800 on tuesday im pleased we will have a pretty good turnout now. absolutely buzzing for this. where are people sitting? i got a block g seat after asking to switch. anyone know what letter the highest row goes to? i heard DD but im not sure.

I'm on JJ so not sure what the back row is but I hope you all sit down in front of me  :D
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2011, 03:15:51 PM »
Iam not worried as the good football is still there except against Stoke where we played into thier hands
with the long ball.Norwich try to play entertaining football which will suit the Albion players alot more.
Roy will be forced into the 4-5-1 if Shane Long is out which can only be a good thing.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
I'm on JJ so not sure what the back row is but I hope you all sit down in front of me  :D
block g is that? im y, think ive got a really central spot, schweet. i heard the stewards at carrow rd are v strict on persistant standing so that may not be an issue lol.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2011, 03:20:55 PM »
Although for the first two games we played really well, and the Stoke match was lost due to a mistake. I am confident that we will win.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

greggy8689

« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »
It's Albion you always have to be nervous, but generally speaking, we are playing a newly promoted team who will be confident after their starting performances. We need to remain positive also, Stoke wasn't ideal but we need to try and beat the teams around us the likes of Norwich, Swansea etc.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
An early goal for us would really, calm the team down I think on Sunday.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
To quote the cliche 'there are no easy games at this level' so I'm always nervous before we play.

Remember although we might feel that we 'should' beat newly promoted sides, they are on a high from promotion and from what I've seen so far of Norwich, Swansea and QPR they are very good attacking teams.
I'd hope they are also nervous as they would see us as a team they can beat (especially at home) so the longer the games goes on as a draw or with them losing the more edgy the home fans will get.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2011, 03:32:48 PM »
i am a bit nervous tbh! its been a slooow two weeks and we're finally within 3 days of a big tester here. ill be tossing and turning saturday night, but im excited at the potential prospect of odemwingie and long playing together sunday, and as others say, zoltan gera finally making an appearance hopefully!