Dorrans
0 (0%)
Thomas
0 (0%)
Fortune
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: September 03, 2011, 04:12:42 PM

Author Topic: 28 Aug 2011 Albion 0 Stoke 1  (Read 104147 times)

JLH

• Baby Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #925 on: August 31, 2011, 12:45:07 AM »

A dire performance by, on this showing, the 2 worst teams in the Premiership and it's lucky there is the International break and time for us to re-group else come Saturday 17 September at 17:00, after the Norwich and Swansea games, the tables will read played 5 lost 5 and that scenario is totally unacceptable.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: One to ten on the worried scale
« Reply #926 on: August 31, 2011, 01:53:44 AM »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Respect for Stoke...
« Reply #927 on: August 31, 2011, 02:22:57 AM »
I find Stoke's playing style utterly soulcrushingly boring, but I admire their professionalism, organisation and attitude. I wouldn't mind one or two of the Stoke defenders playing for us. Can we swap Tamas for any of Stoke's please? No? Can we swap Tamas for a bag of chips please? No? rubbish...

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #928 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »
2 days on and still gutted.If we cant beat that lot then its a long season irrelevant of the fact they are a bogey team
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Good3rz

Re: video of the goal
« Reply #929 on: August 31, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »
I was low down on the east stand, closer to the millennium corner than the woodman corner and I could see he'd caught it but I could understand why the forth official on the west stand side might not have seen it. It's beyond me why it wasn't called as a foul for what could have been a vicious boot full of studs to the chest?

The players have to take the responsibility though, tamas and foster need to communicate more and we can't blame the likes of refereeing disgrace Mike Dean at the end of the season if we find ourselves 1 point short...

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #930 on: August 31, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
Boing Boing

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #931 on: August 31, 2011, 05:07:39 PM »
If you read the Redknapp article in general sports forum it says that Blues and Tottenham made the played the most long balls last season. I dont see those getting stick.

I dont like Stoke as much as everyone else but everyone can see they are changing their style but if you are going to go by just Sundays game then we are both as bad as eachother. Think people need to stop making excuses for us losing to them.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #932 on: September 01, 2011, 01:48:06 AM »
As a Stoke fan I love to see us putting pressure on opposing teams and see them panicking in their own penalty area whether it be from corners, free kicks, the wingers or Rorys throws.

I would personally hate to see us fanning about in our own half going from full back to full back, achieving nothing.

I appreciate that the other fans don't like to see their team constantly been pressured and given no time on the ball, but I can assure you if it was your team doing that and being successful at it, youd take the 3 points every time.

Have to admit we dont do it often enough away from home but theres time yet  :)

Nonsense. What is boring is the complete lack of creativity and absence of genuine football. The utter predictability of every Stoke move and the playing on percentages. Hoof the ball into the box often enough and eventually it will bounce into the goal. Clogg up your own penalty area with as many big bodies as possible to stop the ball from going into yours. There is no art to Stoke, no creativity beyond playing the percentages, no real skill, no real class. It is about industriousness and muscle and semi-cheating at every opportunity to push the limits your way. To me it is only sad but to each his own.

swabey

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #933 on: September 01, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »

fortressbritannia

« Reply #934 on: September 01, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »
Nonsense. What is boring is the complete lack of creativity and absence of genuine football. The utter predictability of every Stoke move and the playing on percentages. Hoof the ball into the box often enough and eventually it will bounce into the goal. Clogg up your own penalty area with as many big bodies as possible to stop the ball from going into yours. There is no art to Stoke, no creativity beyond playing the percentages, no real skill, no real class. It is about industriousness and muscle and semi-cheating at every opportunity to push the limits your way. To me it is only sad but to each his own.

If we're so predictable why can't you stop us then  ::)

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #935 on: September 01, 2011, 12:34:05 PM »

No one is denying that you're good at what you do, sadly this involves turning a football match into nothing more than a glorified american football match. I dunno, I kinda like going to a football match to watch, well you know, football.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #936 on: September 01, 2011, 12:37:28 PM »
Fair play to Stoke, i couldnt watch the type of football they play every week but its effective. They are now an established prem team and in Europa League, im sure there are plenty of teams who would love to swap places with Stoke. I dont like Pulis much at all but his done a great job at Stoke, and has bought on some very good players.

Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #937 on: September 01, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »

Because we're rubbish.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #938 on: September 01, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »

As someone said, because we are rubbish and you play the percentages. Last year Jones diving, this year a soft nothing ball that our defence failed to clear and your forward or was it defender (does it matter) kicked the ball out of our goalies hands. As I said you play the percentages. It is effective against teams like us because we have error prone defenders (an issue a lot of us are upset wasn't addressed this transfer window), but I must say I enjoyed the way ManC disected you with superior football last season. 

Sadly it looks like Uncle Roy is moving our club a couple of steps closer to your style. Oh well.

stafford-stokie

« Reply #939 on: September 04, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
As someone said, because we are rubbish and you play the percentages. Last year Jones diving, this year a soft nothing ball that our defence failed to clear and your forward or was it defender (does it matter) kicked the ball out of our goalies hands. As I said you play the percentages. It is effective against teams like us because we have error prone defenders (an issue a lot of us are upset wasn't addressed this transfer window), but I must say I enjoyed the way ManC disected you with superior football last season. 

Sadly it looks like Uncle Roy is moving our club a couple of steps closer to your style. Oh well.

Did you also enjoy the way we disected Bolton with superior football in the semi final of the FA cup last season? ;)

stafford-stokie

Re: Get things into prospective
« Reply #940 on: September 04, 2011, 11:41:57 AM »
I think you lot will be fine this season. Having seen a bit of your 1st 2 games I feared the worse last week. We did get lucky and I thought that out of a rubbish game you were more worth the points than us.

the_mighty_boosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #941 on: September 04, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »
you have to earn respect!
you dont get it by kicking the rubbish out of teams or falling over because someone breathed on you

have you ever heard the expression "bull***t beats brains"?
well stoke are the football equivalent!

if i were wrong, dont you think id know it!

stafford-stokie

« Reply #942 on: September 04, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »
you have to earn respect!
you dont get it by kicking the rubbish out of teams or falling over because someone breathed on you

have you ever heard the expression "bull***t beats brains"?
well stoke are the football equivalent!

Some teams just don't like it up them. If it gets us 3 points then we shall play how we want. I don't get the falling over point though. I think we are one of the better teams for just getting up and getting on with the game.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #943 on: September 04, 2011, 01:45:49 PM »
Some teams just don't like it up them. If it gets us 3 points then we shall play how we want. I don't get the falling over point though. I think we are one of the better teams for just getting up and getting on with the game.

In an era where football is supposed to be entertaining (and expensive) I really can't understand why people are prepared to put up watching that on a weekly basis to be honest.

People will probably point out that it's a result orientated business but there's more to football than that surely? Especially when the premier league is supposedly the best league in the world.

I do think Stoke have some very good players, but unfortunatley Pullis just stifles the life out of them

the_mighty_boosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #944 on: September 04, 2011, 01:53:06 PM »
is there another stoke? stoke rovers? stoke united?

did you see the game last week, when stoke had the ball, the slightest touch by an Albion player and the stoke player was on the deck, no intention of trying to get forward just trying to get a free kick

when we had the ball we were hacked down

ok you got 3 points, but when you get 3 points like the way we did against Arsenal and Everton away last season you can honestly say we played well there, we were the better footballing team

all stoke can say is 3 points is 3 points and i dont care how we get them!

fair play stokie for trying to stick up for your club but come on, you do anything apart from play football to win

good luck for the rest of the season BOING BOING
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:56:11 PM by the_mighty_boosh »

stafford-stokie

« Reply #945 on: September 04, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
In an era where football is supposed to be entertaining (and expensive) I really can't understand why people are prepared to put up watching that on a weekly basis to be honest.

People will probably point out that it's a result orientated business but there's more to football than that surely? Especially when the premier league is supposedly the best league in the world.

I do think Stoke have some very good players, but unfortunatley Pullis just stifles the life out of them

But that is the point mate. Despite popular myth we don't always play like that. We are playing a lot of games and covering a lot of mileage at the moment so as a team we are pretty much knackered. As we were last season with the FA cup semi being our swan song. After that we were drained. It shows how thin the squad was when we need to play a defnder up front. Hopefully the new additions to the squad in the window will give us more options with squad rotation etc. We do play some good footie as the cup semi showed but if we have to mix it to get the points then so be it. Great times to be a Stokie whatever happens.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #946 on: September 04, 2011, 03:47:39 PM »
But that is the point mate. Despite popular myth we don't always play like that. We are playing a lot of games and covering a lot of mileage at the moment so as a team we are pretty much knackered. As we were last season with the FA cup semi being our swan song. After that we were drained. It shows how thin the squad was when we need to play a defnder up front. Hopefully the new additions to the squad in the window will give us more options with squad rotation etc. We do play some good footie as the cup semi showed but if we have to mix it to get the points then so be it. Great times to be a Stokie whatever happens.

Defender up front because of a thin squad? More like Pulis' bull**** tactics.

stafford-stokie

« Reply #947 on: September 04, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
Defender up front because of a thin squad? More like Pulis' bull**** tactics.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Ok mate.  :-*

the_mighty_boosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #948 on: September 04, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Ok mate.  :-*

keep on laughing it off stokie but you know we're right

stafford-stokie

« Reply #949 on: September 04, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »
keep on laughing it off stokie but you know we're right

I have no doubt he was sent on to make a nuisance of himself but if you look at our subs bench this season we have had no out and out striker there. They are all injured.