Author Topic: 16 Jan 2021 Wolves 2 Albion 3  (Read 83716 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2021, 01:35:50 PM »
I see nothing but a loss here. Anything else would be a bonus.

However, id have expected us to lose even if we were playing well if im honest because Wolves have a very good side and are ahead of us playing staff wise by a few years of Prem football.

Personally I think they will be more nervous than us about this game
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2021, 01:37:13 PM »
Posting as someone who hasn't seen a single Dingle game this season are they actually as good as the hype which surrounded them when Jiminez was in the side? Based purely on highlights he looks a good player whom I wish well with his recovery and potential future move to a big club.

All I know is they're supposed to be defensively sound, they have a couple of technically decent midfielders and a rapid man mountain who likes to rub himself with baby oil before he goes on the pitch.

To those who live in Dingle areas are the six fingered ones still arrogant, up themselves and into that dandy game called Incest that the whole family can play?

And do they still hate those of us who couldn't give a monkey's about them until we play them with a passion only surpassed by hairy knuckled sister love?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2021, 02:09:58 PM »
I see nothing but a loss here. Anything else would be a bonus.

However, id have expected us to lose even if we were playing well if im honest because Wolves have a very good side and are ahead of us playing staff wise by a few years of Prem football.

Aren't we just looking for an improvement in performance: what can the new manager do with the same squad?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2021, 02:16:22 PM »
Aren't we just looking for an improvement in performance: what can the new manager do with the same squad?

Well if we dip below last weeks showing they'll take us off the coupon.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: match officials
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2021, 02:27:48 PM »
Never took to him after the Jara and Ibanez double at Blackpool a few years back

I'd forgotten he was the ref for that. The Ibanez decision was terrible and so early in the game...if I remember rightly wasn't it rescinded on appeal?

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2021, 02:31:21 PM »

To those who live in Dingle areas are the six fingered ones still arrogant, up themselves and into that dandy game called Incest that the whole family can play?

And do they still hate those of us who couldn't give a monkey's about them until we play them with a passion only surpassed by hairy knuckled sister love?

I’m born and bred in Wolverhampton Dan. Married into a staunch Dingle family, who actually work the Custard Bowl on match day and have for 40+ years. Many of my friends and colleagues are Dingles, so I know only too well what they’re like.

The short answer to your question is yes.

The Dingles spend most of their time now focused on breaking into the top 6. A lot of the ones I know are hoping this weekend will vanquish the 1-5 from February 2012.

Hope that answers your question 👍🏻
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:34:53 PM by PartisanBaggie »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2021, 02:49:37 PM »

Johnstone

O'Shea              Ajayi              Bartley            Gibbs

Livermore

Snodgrass                  Phillips           Pereira             Grosicki

Robinson

Subs:  Button, Ivanovitch, Furlong, Sawyers, Krovinovic, Diangana, Diaby.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2021, 02:51:24 PM »
Don’t really want to get into which one is the ‘big derby’ we’ve been over it but I’ll say what I always say;

I’ve been to villa and celebrated a Koumas equaliser in the upper north stand with another 100 Albion fans and no one up there has said a word and been to villa park when there has been 10k empty seats which has been their lowest attendance of the season. Also when freely able to walk to the ground with Albion colours on it doesn’t give me this big derby feeling although each to their own.

Getting to the molineux and the atmosphere in the ground is incomparable to be quiet honest.

Anyway on to the game itself it unfortunately has the feeling of ‘it’s their turn’ after the last 20 years although no matter how we have been in the past we always seem to pull something out the bag against them, praying it’s the same Saturday.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2021, 03:05:11 PM »
We've tended to concede less goals away from home (15 in 8 games away 24 in 9 games at home), although we have yet to get a clean sheet away.

Wolves are a better side than us but don't look anywhere near as good without Jiminez.

Another 'rope a dope' performance, our first clean sheet away and a 2-0 win! Pereira and Robinson to score.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2021, 03:53:24 PM »
1. Don’t really want to get into which one is the ‘big derby’

2. we’ve been over it

3. but I’ll say what I always say....

1. Fair play Lee, it's a boring debate rife with emotional subjectivity.

2. Ad nauseam.

3. But you did it anyway  ;D .

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2021, 04:03:35 PM »
The only thing we've got going for us is that Wolves aren't prolific scorers. For me, it depends on whether we concede an early goal, if so I think our gloating over the 5-1 and our recent successes over them might be avenged. If we can get to half time still in the game, we could sneak a draw.
However, I'm looking at a 3-0 defeat as my prediction.
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2021, 04:10:40 PM »
1. Fair play Lee, it's a boring debate rife with emotional subjectivity.

2. Ad nauseam.

3. But you did it anyway  ;D .

Haha, I did think when I posted it that I have totally done what I set out not to do but couldn’t put the time taken to write it to waste.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2021, 04:58:13 PM »
Not really seen Wolves much since their relegation from PL about 9 years ago.

Saw them play earlier this season and was not the swashbuckling football i expected at all. They were organised and hard to beat though if tough to watch at times. Shall watch them vs Everton tonight and hopefully it's a better game.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2021, 05:10:00 PM »
Haha, I did think when I posted it that I have totally done what I set out not to do but couldn’t put the time taken to write it to waste.

You'll probably know my thoughts on who and why. In all the time I've posted on here I've stated I'm only bothered about Wolves when we play them.

Well we're playing them shortly so they've got my full attention (for what it's worth). It's perfectly acceptable to despise both the Vile AND the Ding Dings.

I hope we knock 'em clever and back at the weekend. What I don't want to see are loads of Albion perpetually papping themselves at the prospect of defeat when this is an opportunity to shut them up.

COYB and FTW  8) .

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2021, 05:23:02 PM »
Imagine if we were to win and it was to kick start the transformation of our season.

No, I cant see it either  :(

Missing Gallagher and the lack of a decent defensive midfielder will be our downfall. The problem with a punchers chance, you need some fight in the first place.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »
If we don't get battered it'll be a success.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2021, 07:27:41 PM »
All this doom and gloom! I remember and i'm sure a lot of the older members on here do, back in the 70s on a snow bound pitch playing with the orange ball. The dingles hadn't won for about 27 games came to the Albion and beat us 3-0 i think it was maybe 3-1! So anything can happen in football especially in a derby. Din5les 1 Albion 2! COYB!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2021, 07:29:42 PM »
Interesting to see their injury list tonight. Morgan Gibbs-White starts because Traore has followed Podence into the treatment room.

Boly is also out and their bench tonight is stacked with the expensive youth kods they have bought over the last 12 months.

Would be nice is nobody returns for the weekend.
Boing Boing

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2021, 07:41:00 PM »
Think this will be a 1-1 draw, no chance we will lose heavily as some are predicting.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2021, 07:44:20 PM »
All this doom and gloom! I remember and i'm sure a lot of the older members on here do, back in the 70s on a snow bound pitch playing with the orange ball. The dingles hadn't won for about 27 games came to the Albion and beat us 3-0 i think it was maybe 3-1! So anything can happen in football especially in a derby. Din5les 1 Albion 2! COYB!

Didn’t we end our long losing run against them in the 90s albeit with a draw?

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2021, 07:48:46 PM »
Hearing from my Wolves mate that Traore - who isn't in the squad tonight against Everton - hasn't trained since before the Palace game.

Bizarrely, they all feel that we will 'do them', which I find funny. However, it's clear that they're not the team that they were last season.

Yet, none of that matters if you've got a team that can't score, can't defend, shows no passion, has no leaders, and hasn't reacted well to the new manager at all  :-X

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2021, 07:50:04 PM »
Didn’t we end our long losing run against them in the 90s albeit with a draw?
I do believe you are correct.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2021, 07:55:30 PM »
Made a big error. Thought this game was Sunday so booked the last viewing slot available on a house for Saturday blooming lunchtime.  :o

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2021, 07:59:16 PM »
I do believe you are correct.
0-0 I think Andy Hunt missed a pen.
We’d lost 12 or 13 in a row.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: match officials
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2021, 08:18:08 PM »
I'd forgotten he was the ref for that. The Ibanez decision was terrible and so early in the game...if I remember rightly wasn't it rescinded on appeal?

I think it was but too late to affect the result
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'