Author Topic: 16 Jan 2021 Wolves 2 Albion 3  (Read 83998 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #750 on: January 18, 2021, 05:15:16 PM »
I did miss not being able to hear Don Goodman expert comments pretending to be unbiased. He always seems to get allocated the wrong matches. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #751 on: January 18, 2021, 05:16:43 PM »
They can have no complaints over any of the 4 key decisions. In that respect Oliver had a good game.

I think you should sign up to the Mol' Mix under your username here to explain the finer points of your rationale. You appear quite a popular focus for debate over there. If you do then make sure you post a link to the thread on here  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #752 on: January 18, 2021, 05:18:55 PM »
I don't get their complaints about the Gibbs 'handball'.  Silva has, clear as day, fouled the keeper causing him to drop it onto Gibbs - there's no way even if the pen had been given VAR wouldn't have ruled it out.  Gibbs hands are in that position because he's stopping his movement so he doesn't collide with the keeper.

I'm so glad someone else has pointed this out ... I've had whatsapp and facebook shares from dingles with freeze frames of Gibbs touching the ball ... all conveniently forgetting to mention the reason Button dropped the ball onto Gibbs was the clear shove on him by Silva whilst what making what otherwise would have been a routine catch. 

I must admit I thought we'd got away with one for the Boly Pen, though I've also now had time to watch this and freeze frame it.  At the point of contact at least some of Robinson's foot is on the whitewash. This is what VAR must have seen when allowing the pen decision to stand.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #753 on: January 18, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »
I think you should sign up to the Mol' Mix under your username here to explain the finer points of your rationale. You appear quite a popular focus for debate over there. If you do then make sure you post a link to the thread on here  ;D .

I live rent free in their heads mate. The silly ***** have got a picture of me in their Albion obsessed thread. The irony of the title seems lost on them.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 05:40:07 PM by TheJacko2000 »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #754 on: January 18, 2021, 05:39:11 PM »
Dermot on Sky said this...

"The precedent has already been set with this earlier in the season with Steven Bergwijn and Ezgjan Alioski where we had a similar decision where the player's body is half in the area and half out and because he is partly in the area, it is deemed a penalty because that is how the foul is committed.

What you would say is the referee [Michael Oliver] has got a great view, the VAR [David Coote] checks if it is on the line, his body clearly breaks the line and therefore a penalty is given."