Poll

Do you want Sam to stay as manager?

Yes
103 (63.2%)
No
60 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: Sam Allardyce  (Read 605836 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Sam Allardyce
« Reply #4400 on: May 13, 2021, 08:40:39 AM »
I hope he stays.

I was overjoyed with his appointment - it was probably the most ambition our pathetic owners have shown since taking control  the club and dismayed but not surprised when we have him a sack of pennies to try and keep us up.

The players he has brought in are easily good enough to slot into our side.

Big question for all of the Sam doubters: If he was there at the start of the season with the current squad and starting eleven do you think we'd startup? Answer: yes.

I hope he stays. He knows what he wants.

The cheap alternatives don't hear thinking about.

The players that he brought in are all on loan - that's the key point as they all need to be replaced.

I am convinced that we'd have been 10-12 points better off if Sam had been here with this squad all season.

For him to stay, with his age and health history, he has to be totally committed and adequately backed.  If that's the case then I'd be very happy for him to stay.  I'm not convinced that he will commit though.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4401 on: May 13, 2021, 09:09:28 PM »
Strange there’s been no murmurings from the meetings supposedly taking place yesterday, in this day an age I’d suggest no news is good news if you want Sam to stay.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4402 on: May 13, 2021, 10:35:46 PM »
Strange there’s been no murmurings from the meetings supposedly taking place yesterday, in this day an age I’d suggest no news is good news if you want Sam to stay.

I'm not expecting news any time soon, these things always tend to drag on for weeks and weeks. Plenty of time as well, still got the league campaign to finish.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4403 on: May 13, 2021, 10:58:12 PM »
I think both parties would want to keep things under wraps as much as possible because there are another 3 games to see out the campaign and I suspect Allardyce will be in charge for those games regardless of how things pan out behind the scenes.

Obviously he will be asked at the every press conference between now and when the decision is formally announced his answers may or may not be telling but I don't think we will get to the end of the season without a definitive answer one way or another
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4404 on: May 14, 2021, 08:46:05 AM »
Surely, if they have agreed his wages and the transfer kitty, why delay?
tell the news and get everyone settled?

i can understand keeping it quiet if he is leaving....
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4405 on: May 14, 2021, 09:49:09 AM »
Whilst there’s still 18th place (and more money) to play for, I’d expect them to keep things quiet if he’s leaving.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4406 on: May 14, 2021, 10:27:15 AM »
Surely, if they have agreed his wages and the transfer kitty, why delay?
tell the news and get everyone settled?

i can understand keeping it quiet if he is leaving....

There is a question that regardless of everything else being in place around whether Allardyce wants to do it and there has been a suggestion that he does have health concerns and is talking to his family about that issue. That might not be as easily resolved or in the overall scheme of things as important as whether or not he has funds for a new centre forward.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4407 on: May 14, 2021, 10:30:33 AM »
I want SA to stay but i'm a bit skeptical about the health concerns and whether that is the truth for his deliberation.

I'm not sure how another relegation battle was likely to be less stressful than a championship promotion push and there didnt seem to be any suggestion he would have considered his position had we stayed up.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4408 on: May 14, 2021, 10:32:35 AM »
There is a question that regardless of everything else being in place around whether Allardyce wants to do it and there has been a suggestion that he does have health concerns and is talking to his family about that issue. That might not be as easily resolved or in the overall scheme of things as important as whether or not he has funds for a new centre forward.

That voodoo doll you've been modelling from candle wax and his nasal clippings may have a bearing too Stan'......  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4409 on: May 14, 2021, 10:49:55 AM »
I want SA to stay but i'm a bit skeptical about the health concerns and whether that is the truth for his deliberation.

I'm not sure how another relegation battle was likely to be less stressful than a championship promotion push and there didnt seem to be any suggestion he would have considered his position had we stayed up.

I suspect the issue would have been the same a lot of his public pronouncements concerning his future have been for consumption in the dressing room where he did not want to be seen as a dead duck manager.

Equally he might regard Premier League football as worth the stress and then the question is does he want to do one more season and bow out or commit (in his mind if not contractually) to two a promotion and one last hurrah in the Premier League?

That voodoo doll you've been modelling from candle wax and his nasal clippings may have a bearing too Stan'......  ;D .

No I'm rubbish at voodoo as Pulis is still going strong despite my best work with the voodoo doll for over 2 years.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 11:11:58 AM by Standaman »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4410 on: May 14, 2021, 11:41:08 AM »
I suspect the issue would have been the same a lot of his public pronouncements concerning his future have been for consumption in the dressing room where he did not want to be seen as a dead duck manager.

Equally he might regard Premier League football as worth the stress and then the question is does he want to do one more season and bow out or commit (in his mind if not contractually) to two a promotion and one last hurrah in the Premier League?

No I'm rubbish at voodoo as Pulis is still going strong despite my best work with the voodoo doll for over 2 years.
I tried it with Grealish but, every time I stuck the pin in, he went down and got a free kick! >:( ;)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4411 on: May 14, 2021, 11:47:01 AM »

I hadn’t considered your first point actually and you could be right actually. He certainly knows how to play those types of games and Id agree the players did probably need to believe he was here to stay.

It’s that ability to play those games that make me cynical though.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4412 on: May 14, 2021, 01:47:21 PM »
Not sounding good.

"@SteveMadeley78

In his pre-match press conference, Sam Allardyce says there will be a decision about his future before the final game of the season at Leeds. He is clearly very down. #WBA"

Edit - Chapman and Masi say nothing about him seeming down to balance it out

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4413 on: May 14, 2021, 02:03:14 PM »
Missed out on his 7 figure bonus, I'd be down too.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4414 on: May 14, 2021, 02:26:55 PM »
Not sounding good.

"@SteveMadeley78

In his pre-match press conference, Sam Allardyce says there will be a decision about his future before the final game of the season at Leeds. He is clearly very down. #WBA"

Edit - Chapman and Masi say nothing about him seeming down to balance it out

I’m puzzled to what exactly Steve Madeley is trying to hint at in his tweet?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4415 on: May 14, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »
Not sure whether he's implying he's down about relegation or his managerial future.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4416 on: May 14, 2021, 02:55:15 PM »
Not sure whether he's implying he's down about relegation or his managerial future.

If it’s about his future at the club and him not staying, don’t leave the announcement until the very last game.

That bothers me a bit.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4417 on: May 14, 2021, 03:03:41 PM »
If it’s about his future at the club and him not staying, don’t leave the announcement until the very last game.

That bothers me a bit.
Its the relegation , I've seen Madeley write it before.
More talks planned so make of that what you will.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4418 on: May 14, 2021, 04:08:09 PM »
If a manager came out in a clown car, laughing and dancing while making balloon animals after relegation I'd be concerned...
And the award for stating the obvious goes to the Athletic's Steve Madeley....

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4419 on: May 14, 2021, 04:32:57 PM »
.......And the award for stating the obvious goes to the Athletic's Steve Madeley....

Seriously!?! Are you for real? Do you seriously mean to tell me that I've missed out again with 'Jack Grealish is a XXXX' ? Gutted......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4420 on: May 14, 2021, 08:26:22 PM »
He took the trouble to go and watch the  U18 tonight.
Would he bother doing that if he wanted away?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4421 on: May 14, 2021, 08:41:06 PM »
Seriously!?! Are you for real? Do you seriously mean to tell me that I've missed out again with 'Jack Grealish is a XXXX' ? Gutted......

I love this forum.  :D
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4422 on: May 14, 2021, 08:42:08 PM »
He took the trouble to go and watch the  U18 tonight.
Would he bother doing that if he wanted away?

I think he wants to stay. I hope he manages to get rid of Dowling.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4423 on: May 14, 2021, 09:04:55 PM »
I don't mind Allardyce being our manager but something about seeing Luke Dowling and Allardyce watching the under 18s, one with sovereign rings on pinkies and the other with shirt unbuttoned with gold chain bouncing around definitely makes something inside me die.

We're just not very 2021 are we?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4424 on: May 15, 2021, 02:58:43 AM »
I just wish Sam would shut his gob and stop spouting pooh.  And yes,  we have improved,  but 19 points from 21 games does not constitute him staying.

As for Dowling, I lost confidence in him after watching his post appointment interview.