Author Topic: So Happy  (Read 13243 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

So Happy
« on: May 09, 2021, 09:14:31 PM »
Didn't want to go up (I realise financially we needed to), hated being in this bent league and desperately wanted to get out of this disease of a league so I am over the moon tonight.

Looking forward massively to next season with the return of us fans and a level playing field  :D
Gera, Gera, Gera

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: So Happy
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 09:16:01 PM »
Didn't want to go up (I realise financially we needed to), hated being in this bent league and desperately wanted to get out of this disease of a league so I am over the moon tonight.

Looking forward massively to next season with the return of us fans and a level playing field  :D

It's not a level playing field. We are the big 6 in the Championship.

And I'm still dreading it unless Allardyce stays.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 09:16:52 PM »
EFL is a load of rubbish, every season we spend in it puts our club in jeopardy financially if we don't come straight back up.

Dreading it.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 09:18:44 PM »

I really hope your optimism is rewarded. I am worried about our immediate future given the people in charge.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 09:22:09 PM »
My only worry for next season is that if Sam stays we can kiss goodbye to Grady as he simply does not fancy him.
Gera, Gera, Gera

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 09:23:10 PM »
My only worry for next season is that if Sam stays we can kiss goodbye to Grady as he simply does not fancy him.

He's not done anything to warrant starting when he has played for me which is a shame

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 09:24:22 PM »
Happy to be relegated what are you on, Championship is the most frustrating league with poor officials, players and teams. Speaking of teams who are going to be poor unless there is a total overhaul will be playing in stripes.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 09:25:12 PM »

If he does stay hopefully the likes of Kanu, Sawyers and Livermore will be long gone.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 09:26:33 PM »

And Grant. And Sawyers.

I’m personally not that happy. I understand the sentiment, but the 90’s weren’t much fun, the championship is only fun for the years you have money to challenge at the top. Derby, Forest, Sheff Wednesday, Blackburn, Middlesbrough and Preston fans all desperately want to be back because being mid table sides who occasionally challenge the play offs is no better than being a premier league struggler. The only difference is that you don’t see players of Pereira’s quality playing for you.
Boing Boing

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 09:28:46 PM »
The championship is not and never has been a level playing field.

We enjoy it because we’re a big fish and win a few games.

It’s a horrid division when we don’t return within two years and stuck in the wilderness.

Just like Sheff Wed, Blackburn, Ipswich, Charlton, Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Pompey, Preston, Bolton, Birmingham to name but a few are finding out
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 09:30:09 PM »
I like the Championship. It's a more honest league, you can tackle a bit, there's no VAR and no constant bias.

Proper clubs not global marketing brands.

And yes I was there through the 90's.

Financially, the club needs the PL, I understand that but it is a bore of a league and largely non competitive.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 09:35:56 PM »

Happy to be relegated?!  :o Maybe you'd prefer League 1 or 2? Or the National League North, where we would be really competitive. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 09:37:18 PM »
People like the Championship because we're usually one of the 3 best teams in it. No other reason.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 09:39:59 PM »
When you've seen the best football with some of the finest player's grace the hawthorns and then see the depths the club fell Championship is not where Albion should be.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2021, 09:40:12 PM »
I'm buzzing for it. I love being relegated

I cant wait to see Livermore and Sawyers get beaten for pace by a snail

Or sign another carthorse like Zohore. Kanu coming  for the last ten mins to run the channels.

Or end up appointing a journeymen manager like Gary Monk.

Bring it on
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 09:41:24 PM »
When you've seen the best football with some of the finest player's grace the hawthorns and then see the depths the club fell Championship is not where Albion should be.

That's a slightly different argument to be fair.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 09:41:34 PM »

Least where not in the third tier again

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2021, 09:41:44 PM »
I'll never understand (what feels like) half the WBA fanbase. I know i don't need too but a curious bunch we are.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2021, 09:43:18 PM »

Or sign another carthorse like Zohore. Kanu coming  for the last ten mins to run the channels.

Bring it on

That post put a big grin on my face 😆

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2021, 09:43:27 PM »

Bring it on
what do you mean another Zohore, he will be our starting striker, no way will owner sanction summer spending spree.

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2021, 09:44:29 PM »
I prefer the championship. No var. They say that the premier league is the best league in Europe. I don’t think it’s even the best league in England

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2021, 09:44:35 PM »
what do you mean another Zohore, he will be our starting striker, no way will owner sanction summer spending spree.

Just remember though according to some WBA fans these players just need a chance despite what their records tell us before we chucked money down the drain signing them.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »

Bring it on

Hard to disagree with this.

It just feels incredibly small time to celebrate our relegation.

We should be aiming to be a good solid premier league club - it’s just unfortunate that our attitude as a club is appalling whenever we’re there.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2021, 09:45:12 PM »
Happy to be relegated?!  :o Maybe you'd prefer League 1 or 2? Or the National League North, where we would be really competitive.

The goal that relegated us was a clear foul that VAR decided to ignore, case closed for me. If you enjoy being cheated and beat on a weekly basis then please feel free to enjoy it but that seems a bit insane to me, football is about enjoyment isnt it?
Gera, Gera, Gera

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2021, 09:45:30 PM »
That's a slightly different argument to be fair.
no it's not this club hasn't always been about failure.