Author Topic: 13 Sept 2020 Albion 0 Leicester City 3  (Read 23934 times)

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2020, 03:46:23 PM »
At least we weren’t bottom for 24 hours! The only is up.

ttree30

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #276 on: September 13, 2020, 03:46:30 PM »
We've had 1 shot in the entire game (well off target)....the only delusion here is thinking holding on to a 1-0 to a team who took a point a game after Christmas last year and has half their back 4 out at home is something to be proud of.

This is by far the least prepared we've looked since 02/03 for this league. And at least then we rode a high the first half of the season to see us get some points. It's difficult to see where 20 goals are coming from this season, yet alone enough to stay up.

Sadly, I agree. Weak at the back, not enough pace to get forward quickly and no real threat up front. Our record since Christmas at Championship level is also poor.

We’re going to struggle really badly unless there are some significant additions. Which I very much doubt.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2020, 03:46:35 PM »
Leicester must have 90% possession
West Brom 2020/21
Like Sticky the Stick Insect who got stuck on a sticky bun

Matheus PEREIRA
Periera? Perreira? Perrera?  Perriara? Perrier? Who are they?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2020, 03:47:20 PM »
Our passing doen't help.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2020, 03:47:42 PM »
Absolute rubbish. Will never defend a negative set up. I expected to lose today. No issue with that.

It's the manor of it. Wasting our best player out wide. Bringing two kids on as subs.

Don't deserve to get points if you set up waiting to be beat.

We didn’t set up waiting to be beat, the problem is they are far superior to us.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2020, 03:48:21 PM »
Did you expect anything else in all honesty?

Irrespective as to who manages the side the squad simply aren’t good enough.

I was hoping the Christmas 2019 form hangover had chance to disappear. Evidently it hasn’t.

ttree30

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #281 on: September 13, 2020, 03:49:03 PM »
We didn’t set up waiting to be beat, the problem is they are far superior to us.

Completely agree.

Not good enough. No need to over-analyse.

geoff

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »
About what I exspected playing in a new formation & being our 1st game of the season very dissapionted in the way we just waived the white. The player's we need is Kov & the best fast quick, strong forward that our money can buy. Plenty of time to right these wrongs.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #283 on: September 13, 2020, 03:50:13 PM »

Yes we did. 11 men behind the ball. 5 at the back. May I add in a system we have never played before under Slaven.

Look at the way Leeds played yesterday. They might of lost but at least they showed some positive intent.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #284 on: September 13, 2020, 03:50:34 PM »
Every one of their players is better than every one of ours. It shows.

Newcastle in the cup was the same, they battered us till Krov came on. We need him back, quality ball players you need in the Premier.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2020, 03:51:07 PM »
We have to do better and take advantage before the crowds come back, otherwise we won’t win a game at home this season.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2020, 03:51:19 PM »
Completely agree.

sums it up. We all hoped for some reason we would come good but the head tells us this is what we expected.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2020, 03:51:23 PM »
Might as well start preparing for the championship now. Only most this side ultimately showed in the second half of last season they're not good enough to challenge of that either. Best hope some of our academy players out on loan come good for us....

Expecting less than 20 points this season. Anything more will be a pleasant surprise.

About what I exspected playing in a new formation & being our 1st game of the season very dissapionted in the way we just waived the white. The player's we need is Kov & the best fast quick, strong forward that our money can buy. Plenty of time to right these wrongs.

Don't see how a squad player for a mid-table standard side is going to help us. We need premier league quality. It won't even help us stay up, there's too many weaknesses. But to at least be a little less embarassing.

We severely lack genuine quality. We've spent all our money to claw back a side that I would have severe doubts about gaining even a play off place this season had they not been bailed out by Brentford last season.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #288 on: September 13, 2020, 03:51:23 PM »
I’ve seen more threat from our tortoise!
West Brom 2020/21
Like Sticky the Stick Insect who got stuck on a sticky bun

Matheus PEREIRA
Periera? Perreira? Perrera?  Perriara? Perrier? Who are they?

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #289 on: September 13, 2020, 03:51:56 PM »
Completely agree.

The game plan looked ok first half. It is definitely an issue of quality here. The board must back Bilic.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #290 on: September 13, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »
Yes we did. 11 men behind the ball. 5 at the back. May I add in a system we have never played before under Slaven.

Look at the way Leeds played yesterday. They might of lost but at least they showed some positive intent.

We showed positive intent in the first twenty minutes, and then they took control.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #291 on: September 13, 2020, 03:52:15 PM »
Why is Edwards knackered? He's only been on 10 mins.

ttree30

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #292 on: September 13, 2020, 03:52:18 PM »

To have any realistic chance you need to have players of enough quality to challenge the opposition. The formation is secondary to that eternal truth.

AbbeymeadBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #293 on: September 13, 2020, 03:52:47 PM »
Even without a full side and playing poorly Leicester were far too good. going to be a long season

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »
I’ve seen more threat from our tortoise!
Yes, we have hidden in our shell second half.

Groovephil

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2020, 03:53:04 PM »
Slav needs to be aware that when the team can’t defend it’s going to be a tough afternoon if you set up that defensive. Leicester have there me in defence out.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2020, 03:54:02 PM »
The only positive from that is having Söyüncü in my fantasy football team. Rubbish defensively which means we can't build any sort of attack and our attack looks clueless.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2020, 03:54:44 PM »
Long hard season coming up

baggies_24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #298 on: September 13, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »
Wake up call this 2nd half Leicester didn’t really get out of 2nd gear and you feel could stepped up a level if needed. Been very negative with the ball when we’ve had it first thing we’ve done is look back. Kyle Bartley simply cannot be our starting cb in this league sheer stupidity that penalty was especially with VAR.

Move on take the lessons learned and let’s hope it’s opened the eyes of the board as currently this team will threaten Derby’s record.

BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #299 on: September 13, 2020, 03:56:14 PM »
That was abject no one except our three new signings looked interested we did well for 20 minutes then we set ourselves up for failure. I'd rather watched Songs of Praise or other Boring BBC Sunday Afternoon Television than have listened to that woeful rubbish.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country