Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534569 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #4225 on: August 28, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »
This is where Roy Hodgson as England manager has a massive role to play.    He can tell Saido that he can be a key player for England at the Euros next year, really put himself in the shop window for a top club, and get his dream move,  BUT he has to first show that he has matured and has knuckled down, AND needs to be playing every week and not sitting on the bench at a bigger club.

The club should now be offering him a new £60k a week contract, commensurate with a £25m-£30m player, and include a £30m buy-out clause next summer.

A win-win all round, but if Saido has a problem with being told this by Peace or Pulis,  then a few wise words from Uncle Roy could go a very long way to moving things forward.   

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4226 on: August 28, 2015, 10:28:56 AM »
Spurs have signed Heung Min-Son from Leverkusen, do they still need Saido? IMO he just needs to get his head down and leave in Jan or next summer when a team like United come knocking

they looked at this fellow before as replacement for Bale so more of a winger probably to replace Lamela

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4227 on: August 28, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »
I suspect that he will sulk, his head will have been turned, and he will not have anything like the successful season that he had last year. And when we do eventually sell him, it will be for less than 25 million. Yes,I had a peak into the future, before anyone asks.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4228 on: August 28, 2015, 10:32:37 AM »
I suspect that he will sulk, his head will have been turned, and he will not have anything like the successful season that he had last year. And when we do eventually sell him, it will be for less than 25 million. Yes,I had a peak into the future, before anyone asks.

I completely agree I can see the same happening. Especially if we move him from his best position to accommodate Rondon. He will score less and his stock will fall IMO.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Bomberblueand white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4229 on: August 28, 2015, 10:38:08 AM »
My conspiracy theory

JP,                Saido you ain't going son

SB,               but, but,

JP,               no listen, you aint going now, because the nice Arab  / Yank from Manchester wants you but at      xmas, so we're going to bump your cash up, put a nice release clause in your contract and come   xmas you and Mom can go house hunting in Cheshire.

SB,              but, but,

JP,                listen son, you are not going to Laandan, you are going to manchester, now do what Tone wants, Roy will be watching you, this time next year you will be with one of the biggest clubs in the world, in the champions league, earning mega- bucks and BTW in the england squad, not playing for the club who want you for peanuts and pay on the never- never,

SB, i'll have to ask me mum, but I like the sound of it boss !

Now that is proper ITK  :D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4230 on: August 28, 2015, 11:32:54 AM »
In one respect I'm glad that both us and Everton have dug their heels in over player transfers.
The players are happy to sign deals one week then as soon as somebody else comes in and offers a few bob more they want to up and go.
Fair play to both clubs.
The flip side is that you could be left with a stroppy little git that throws his toys out of the pram.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4231 on: August 28, 2015, 11:51:07 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. He'll either play out of his skin for us to keep himself in the shop window for his 'dream move', or else he'll lose interest, and form, and devalue himself......the club must be gambling on the former or we'll potentially lose millions.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4232 on: August 28, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »
Told ya......................going nowhere, not for sale............but did you believe me.

This has restored my faith in JP after the Alan f****g Irvine scandal
He's a lad from the Wrenna

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4233 on: August 28, 2015, 01:11:35 PM »
Told ya......................going nowhere, not for sale............but did you believe me.

This has restored my faith in JP after the Alan f****g Irvine scandal

Time will tell whether this is a JP smoke screen or not!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4234 on: August 28, 2015, 01:33:21 PM »
no smoke, its official for me.JPs bollox are at stake if hes sold now without a replacement
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4235 on: August 28, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
Pulos press conference covers a good bit about Saido. He wasn't at the meeting and doesn't know what's been said nor has he read the Chairmans statement. Very very strange and things may be tense behind the scenes

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4236 on: August 28, 2015, 01:59:01 PM »
my head is spinning now Pulis comes out with i cant guarantee he wont be sold >:(

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4237 on: August 28, 2015, 02:00:59 PM »
my head is spinning now Pulis comes out with i cant guarantee he wont be sold >:(

You can't 100% guarantee anything. Someone comes in with a stupid offer then you accept it, doesn't mean you want to sell but at times it makes more sense to sell if the amount offered is way and above.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4238 on: August 28, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »
now sky are saying pulis is saying he wont be leaving this window, E&S got it wrong have they?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4239 on: August 28, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »
Pulos press conference covers a good bit about Saido. He wasn't at the meeting and doesn't know what's been said nor has he read the Chairmans statement. Very very strange and things may be tense behind the scenes

I've just watched it, there is a chance that things are tense behind the scenes, but I think TP's more frustrated with the "Transfer Window" system, than he is with WBAFC. His problem is, there are so many "balls in the air" he can't plan anything. Can't believe he hasn't been briefed by JP about his meeting with Saido, or isn't up to speed with the progress on transfers. I think the comment he made was just a straight bat answer to a journo's question.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4240 on: August 28, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
Saido doesn't want to play for us, that's what everyone who is delighted with Peace's stance seems to be forgetting. He doesn't want to play for us, so his performance will be half hearted, so Pulis won't pick him. Who wins? Does anyone really think he will now buckle down and play out of his skin for us. Dream on. It's Saido we are talking about, not Steven Gerrard

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4241 on: August 28, 2015, 02:10:16 PM »
Saido doesn't want to play for us, that's what everyone who is delighted with Peace's stance seems to be forgetting. He doesn't want to play for us, so his performance will be half hearted, so Pulis won't pick him. Who wins? Does anyone really think he will now buckle down and play out of his skin for us. Dream on. It's Saido we are talking about, not Steven Gerrard

well if saido wants to play for england in france i am sure he will perform

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4242 on: August 28, 2015, 02:11:13 PM »

well if saido wants to play for england in france i am sure he will perform

If he does play and If he does score I bet we get the Gateshead Sulk
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4243 on: August 28, 2015, 02:17:07 PM »
If he sulks about with a bad attitude, that will not help him get his dream move toa big club. I'm sure they will watch how he handles this in his play.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4244 on: August 28, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »
If he doesn't go, then he will probably be offered a fat new contract with a buy out clause at whatever, maybe 30m, this will be made fairly public, then he will have it all to play for, and as long as our Jimmy doesn't stick one on him again, it will work for all.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4245 on: August 28, 2015, 02:25:08 PM »

I don't really care if he wants to play for us or not, I want him to play for him. I want him to get better at what he does game after game. If he does, we will see the benefit & so will he. IMO that's what TP was getting at.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4246 on: August 28, 2015, 02:26:28 PM »
Perhaps Pulis wanted the Saido cash to buy a few and this has dented his transfer plans. We will never know what's going on but they have backed him so far and imagine by Tuesday we will have spent £40m which is huge in Albion terms. He is about 3 players short of a decent squad let's hope he gets them. An in form Saido with our other striking options would make for a decent season

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4247 on: August 28, 2015, 02:38:57 PM »
Few nails hit on the head by posters on here.

1. He wants a big move, he can't afford to sulk and play badly - none of the big clubs will want him if he doesn't perform.

2. He wants to play for England, he has to perform.

3. He wants the move to Tottenham then they have to pay what we want. There's literally nothing he can do to push that transfer through. Sulking, deleting club off twitter, playing badly, etc gets him no closer to the exit.

I, like others, don't care if he doesn't want to play for US this season, but the be all and end all is he HAS to play and HAS to perform for himself if nobody else. Failure to do so means he's no good to anyone.

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4248 on: August 29, 2015, 12:22:30 AM »
Why are Spurs fans still obsessing over this?  The paranoia is well and truly setting in... http://www.tottenhamhotspur-mad.co.uk/feat/ed11/pulis_is_a_hypocrite_869132/index.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4249 on: August 29, 2015, 12:34:13 AM »
Why are Spurs fans still obsessing over this?  The paranoia is well and truly setting in... http://www.tottenhamhotspur-mad.co.uk/feat/ed11/pulis_is_a_hypocrite_869132/index.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It is a shame that there is no option to comment on that colossal piece of excrement. That in a nutshell is why I hate the Internet- all you need to get your opinions out there is a keyboard and a connection, unfortunately you don't need a brain.