Author Topic: Ryan Giggs  (Read 5832 times)

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

Ryan Giggs
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »
Just signed another years contract with Man Utd.Probably a good job he aint playing for Wales anymore with England due to meet them next month.
Well done Giggs, you are better than Neville
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Rich99

Re: Ryan Giggs
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 03:42:52 AM »
A great servant to Manchester United.  Especially taking into account longevity, one of the Premierships greatest ever players.

He's never at any one season been one of the Worlds Greatest players however, neither has Scholes, no matter how much United fans might try and big them up.

Still, as I said, one of the Prem's best ever, generally a credit to the game.

However, just because he's a bit of a name, it doesn't mean refs can turn a blind eye, some of his behavior against Wolves was very questionable, I think any other player would have been dealt with differently.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:51:21 AM by Rich99 »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »
A great servant to Manchester United.  Especially taking into account longevity, one of the Premierships greatest ever players.

He's never at any one season been one of the Worlds Greatest players however, neither has Scholes, no matter how much United fans might try and big them up.

Still, as I said, one of the Prem's best ever, generally a credit to the game.

However, just because he's a bit of a name, it doesn't mean refs can turn a blind eye, some of his behavior against Wolves was very questionable, I think any other player would have been dealt with differently.

Xavi was saying a few days ago he is one of the worlds greatest.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:58:21 AM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

reis wbafc patel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:40:59 PM »
i think at the end of his contract extension, he will retire
ALBION TIL I DIE

Rich99

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 01:11:53 AM »
Xavi was saying a few days ago he is one of the worlds greatest.

So that means he is?

Of course it doesn't.

Do you honesty think that Paul Scholes is one of the top 5 players in the world right now?  Everyone to their own opinion, but myself, I'd say no, no he isn't.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:13:39 AM by Rich99 »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 01:13:01 AM »
Personally no but just pointing out what other top players do think themselves.

Your anti Manchester United stance is still going strong them  :D

Rich99

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:15:32 AM »
Personally no but just pointing out what other top players do think themselves.

Your anti Manchester United stance is still going strong them  :D

Yes, very much so. ;)

I do think both those two are ever increasingly overrated however.  Great servants to the club? No doubt.   Total Prem legends? Yes of course, that's undeniable.  Two of the greatest players ever seen however?  No, not in my opinion, not by a long, long shot.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:17:35 AM by Rich99 »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:42 PM »
Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and the word overrated have never been and never will be used in the same sentence....

Unless if course your posting.

Ridiculous post

overrated my behind!!!!

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Perrybarrbaggy

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:30:43 AM »
Ryan Giggs has been quality, from that flying winger, now a good cenrtal midfielder .. A role model .. He's the left winger england were crying out for

Paul Scholes, I never thought he was that good until about 4-5 seasons ago, when he lost his legs, and I saw his vision (terrible tackles) , and I looked back and saw that he was quality box to box. Xavi said it best, had he been spanish, he would have been appreciated more.

I don't see either as being the best in the world any season, but they did have seasons where they came close to being amongst the best  .. They have however, been two of the best players in the world to have been constant quality for almost 2 decades  .. They have however been quality, over rated is a terrible description  .. However I struggle to think of many left wingers that caused as much chaos as giggs did ..

Their behaviour against wolves was terrible, but hey, even the nicest players somtimes lose their head .. Im sure Messi pushed a referee last season!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:38:08 AM by Perrybarrbaggy »

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
Paul Scholes passing vision even now is up there with the best in the game.

As for Giggs, had he been english, im sure we would have come closer to winning a trophy than we have in recent times.

Rich99

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 01:08:04 AM »
Ryan Giggs has been quality, from that flying winger, now a good cenrtal midfielder .. A role model .. He's the left winger england were crying out for

Paul Scholes, I never thought he was that good until about 4-5 seasons ago, when he lost his legs, and I saw his vision (terrible tackles) , and I looked back and saw that he was quality box to box. Xavi said it best, had he been spanish, he would have been appreciated more.

I don't see either as being the best in the world any season, but they did have seasons where they came close to being amongst the best  .. They have however, been two of the best players in the world to have been constant quality for almost 2 decades  .. They have however been quality, over rated is a terrible description  .. However I struggle to think of many left wingers that caused as much chaos as giggs did ..

Their behaviour against wolves was terrible, but hey, even the nicest players somtimes lose their head .. Im sure Messi pushed a referee last season!!

Sorry, but in recent times, they are becoming terribly overated.

Apart from that, I agree with most of what you say, glad you noticed the unsavoury antics against Wolves too.

Rich99

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 01:10:31 AM »
Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and the word overrated have never been and never will be used in the same sentence....

Unless if course your posting.

Ridiculous post

overrated my behind!!!!

Let's face it Tommy, you and me are never going to agree about Scholes or even Giggs.

Me saying they are very good players, Premiership legends no doubt (especially if one takes into account longetivity in the game) will never be enough for you.  You claim they are something more than that, I'm sorry, but they are not.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:26:01 AM by Rich99 »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 03:59:26 PM »
The Ryan Giggs Jury have been discharged after failing to reach a verdict
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.