Off Topic > General Football & Sports

coventry city

(1/4) > >>

Albionic:
Apologies if there is already a Cov thread,

I keep thinking they are out performing themselves and the bubble will burst.
Will it?
I just looked at their first team squad, largely unfamiliar, their reserve keeper is the spit of a young Ben Foster.
Robins is an ok manager but not someone you would look at and think innovative, very clever or under-rated.
Is it a response to being back at Ricoh?
what are peoples thoughts, should we be concerned about them?

Adder:
Hopefully it's the result of the good work done in the past by their former academy manager Richard Stevens who is now with us of course. I haven't studied the make up of their squad to see if that's the case though.

Good to see and hope they keep up their progress.

seteefeet:

--- Quote from: Adder on September 27, 2021, 11:21:59 AM ---Hopefully it's the result of the good work done in the past by their former academy manager Richard Stevens who is now with us of course. I haven't studied the make up of their squad to see if that's the case though.

Good to see and hope they keep up their progress.

--- End quote ---
Really?
As our nearest challengers, I sincerely hope they don't. ;)

I think the move back to the Ricoh and fans back in is playing a part and momentum is a wonderful thing. It's no good on it's own though so they must have some decent players. Can't see then threatening top 2 but play offs is a distinct possibility.
Fulham should be worried.  ;)

BB74:
Worst thing they ever done was leave Highfield Road, it is no coincidence it's all gone Pete Tong since.

No stadium and no players in terms of resale value.

The only thing they own is their training ground and they are even earmarking that for a housing development.

Adder:

--- Quote from: seteefeet on September 27, 2021, 11:45:30 AM ---Really?
As our nearest challengers, I sincerely hope they don't. ;)

I think the move back to the Ricoh and fans back in is playing a part and momentum is a wonderful thing. It's no good on it's own though so they must have some decent players. Can't see then threatening top 2 but play offs is a distinct possibility.
Fulham should be worried.  ;)

--- End quote ---
I'm not a local so maybe not as tied up in the local rivalries. I'm just talking about a club who will have the usual mix of good people and less good people within the club and fanbase. I take the view that they seem to have done well with their academy and have stuck with Mark Robbins. There's no major money behind their recent progress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version