Author Topic: Fixtures 21/22  (Read 4789 times)

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

Fixtures 21/22
« on: June 23, 2021, 04:18:35 PM »
Couldn't see anything on this topic so thought I'd create a topic for it

Fixtures are released tomorrow at 09:00

Who are people hoping we open against, and are there any fixtures you'll be looking out for? Blues for the "derby" of the season, also who we start/end against, along with who we play Boxing/New Years day for me
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Fixtures 21/22
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 04:21:16 PM »
I can never understand the interest in fixture announcements, we have to play each team home and away, simple as that.  With TV companies now moving that many games you cannot even work out when a game will be on.

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 04:22:56 PM »
It's just nice knowing who you play and when, looking at games you can start eying up to go to etc - for instance away grounds you've never been to

I'd say games being moved for Sky won't be anywhere near as bad as in the Prem, and even if they are, you can still decide if you want to go to it
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 04:55:32 PM »
If only there was less interfering by Sky in the Championship. Sadly the opposite applies, the coverage is relentless.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/november/efl-statement-efl-and-sky-sports-sign-five-season-deal/

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 04:58:33 PM »
I will look out for Blues and Coventry - we do seem to have fun vs the Sky Blues.

Nothing else stands out to me really. I can't see me travelling away next season so probably just the 2 derbies
Boing Boing

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 06:36:39 PM »
I predict Barnsley away first game  :D

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 06:45:12 PM »
Blackpool will be on a Friday night in January guaranteed  ;D

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 06:53:31 PM »
We’ll be away on Boxing Day at home New Years Day
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 07:11:05 PM »
We’ll be away on Boxing Day at home New Years Day

Based on the Wolves fixtures that’s likely.

I also expect we will be away first game and home second. I think we could end up being the season opener on the Friday night.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 07:34:41 PM »
I will look out for Blues and Coventry - we do seem to have fun vs the Sky Blues.

Nothing else stands out to me really. I can't see me travelling away next season so probably just the 2 derbies
Are they, coventry, back at the rugger ground now or still at the blue noses gaff?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2021, 11:05:49 PM »
Are they, coventry, back at the rugger ground now or still at the blue noses gaff?

Back at Ricoh I believe. A happy hunting ground for us.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 09:03:04 AM »
Chapman

Albion will play Bournemouth away first game. Barnsley at home on the final weekend. Luton is the first home game. #wba

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »
Blackpool away is November. Bah.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 09:06:15 AM »
Fixtures in Full.
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/202122-sky-bet-championship-fixtures-confirmed

Saturday, August 7   AFC Bournemouth   A
Saturday, August 14   Luton   H
Wednesday, August 18   Sheffield United   H
Saturday, August 21   Blackburn Rovers   A
Saturday, August 28   Peterborough    A
Saturday, September 11   Millwall   H
Tuesday, September 14   Derby   H
Saturday, September 18   Preston   A
Saturday, September 25   QPR   H
Tuesday, September 28   Cardiff   A
Saturday, October 2   Stoke   A
Saturday, October 16   Birmingham    H
Wednesday, October 20   Swansea   A
Saturday, October 23   Bristol City   H
Saturday, October 30   Fulham   A
Wednesday, November 3   Hull   H
Saturday, November 6   Middlesbrough   H
Saturday, November 20   Huddersfield   A
Tuesday, November 23   Blackpool   A
Saturday, November 27   Nottingham Forest   H
Saturday, December 4   Coventry   A
Saturday, December 11   Reading   H
Saturday, December 18   Barnsley   A
Sunday, December 26   Derby   A
Wednesday, December 29   Preston   H
Saturday, January 1   Cardiff   H
Saturday, January 15   QPR   A
Saturday, January 22   Peterborough   H
Saturday, January 29   Millwall   A
Saturday, February 5   AFC Bournemouth   H
Wednesday, February 9   Sheffield United   A
Saturday, February 12   Blackburn   H
Saturday, February 19   Luton   A
Tuesday, February 22   Middlesbrough   A
Saturday, February 26   Swansea   H
Saturday, March 5   Hull   A
Saturday, March 12   Huddersfield   H
Tuesday, March 15   Fulham   H
Saturday, March 19   Bristol City    A
Saturday, April 2   Birmingham   A
Saturday, April 9   Stoke   H
Friday, April 15   Blackpool   H
Monday, April 18   Nottingham Forest   A
Saturday, April 23   Coventry   H
Saturday, April 30   Reading   A
Saturday, May 7   Barnsley   H
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 09:06:36 AM »
Fairly easy run in if we are there or thereabouts.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 09:10:56 AM »
Fairly easy run in if we are there or thereabouts.
There are no easy games in this division.  Couldn't resist it 🙂

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 09:11:43 AM »
Impossible to gauge whether it’s good or not as we have no idea which teams will be strong of not and that’s why the Championship is great.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 09:19:20 AM »
Gutted, Blackpool away is a Tuesday night in November!  >:(
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 09:20:16 AM »
It's not until you look down the fixture list in this division do you realise how pooh it is.

For all the moaning we do about being in the PL, if we ever want to achieve anything as a club we have to get back there as soon as soon as possible.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2021, 09:22:35 AM »
It's not until you look down the fixture list in this division do you realise how ***** it is.

For all the moaning we do about being in the PL, if we ever want to achieve anything as a club we have to get back there as soon as soon as possible.

Spot on, the EFL is garbage.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2021, 09:28:38 AM »
It's not until you look down the fixture list in this division do you realise how ***** it is.

You could’ve typed 'great'. 😁
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2021, 09:33:27 AM »

This is our rightful level, its where we are comfortable and where our excitement is. I personally love this league and its nice to be in with a good chance of winning most games and not knowing your fate before the games even kicked off. The other good thing is as soon as that ref points to the centre circle for a goal, we can celebrate!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2021, 09:37:49 AM »
This is our rightful level, its where we are comfortable and where our excitement is. I personally love this league and its nice to be in with a good chance of winning most games and not knowing your fate before the games even kicked off. The other good thing is as soon as that ref points to the centre circle for a goal, we can celebrate!!

To me that's a strange comment to make. 11th in the all time league table and that's with us being rubbish for 30 of the last 40 years. PL is our rightful level based on games played and results obtained.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2021, 09:42:08 AM »
To me that's a strange comment to make. 11th in the all time league table and that's with us being rubbish for 30 of the last 40 years. PL is our rightful level based on games played and results obtained.
Mate im talking now with this level of squad, we scraped out of the league due to Brentford bottling it, and came crashing back into it! We are (imo) a good championship team, that is capable of over achieving on a shoe string budget in the prem for a couple of years at best

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2021, 09:52:48 AM »
Working Ard only gets you so far new coach whom ever that will be needs backing in transfer market to get out of this league. With the liklihood of Johnstone and Pereira being sold then the likes of Diangana, Robinson and Grant need to step up on a consistent basis.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »
Mate im talking now with this level of squad, we scraped out of the league due to Brentford bottling it, and came crashing back into it! We are (imo) a good championship team, that is capable of over achieving on a shoe string budget in the prem for a couple of years at best
The only team to establish themselves without mega bucks that are similar to the Albion is Leicester, what they have achieved is nothing short of a miracle I can't think of another similar-sized club that has established themselves in the Premiership.
The onus is always on survival which isn't much fun.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2021, 10:07:47 AM »
The only team to establish themselves without mega bucks that are similar to the Albion is Leicester, what they have achieved is nothing short of a miracle I can't think of another similar-sized club that has established themselves in the Premiership.
I agree, although I would say Burnley and Palace are now established too but again there aim is 17th too, Championship is if nothing else exciting!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2021, 10:09:21 AM »

is that the same Leicester that are owned by a billionaire? Apparently the owner is the 53rd richest owner of a sporting club (not just football).

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-owner-khun-top-4783399

Agree that the survival in the PL onus isn't much fun though.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2021, 10:24:58 AM »
Blackpool will be on a Friday night in January guaranteed  ;D

Tuesday night in  November - you were close though

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2021, 10:35:53 AM »
Barnsley last game of the season! That'll be interesting if Ismael is indeed in place.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2021, 10:45:21 AM »
is that the same Leicester that are owned by a billionaire? Apparently the owner is the 53rd richest owner of a sporting club (not just football).

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-owner-khun-top-4783399

Agree that the survival in the PL onus isn't much fun though.
Fair comment but how much was spent on the team prior to them winning the League, isn't our bloke worth  a few bob he may as well be a pauper.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2021, 11:10:47 AM »

Apologies I thought you meant historically. Good EFL team with budget to become good for automatics if spent half-wisely I'd say.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2021, 12:07:21 PM »
Fair comment but how much was spent on the team prior to them winning the League, isn't our bloke worth  a few bob he may as well be a pauper.

They took over Leicester in 2010 and they won the league in 2016. Between 2014/15 (when they came back into the league and 2018/19 they had a net transfer spend of £194M.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-leicester-citys-net-transfer-4831840

"From 2014-15, when City came back into the top flight, to 2018-19, the latest season for which financial figures have been released, City had a net transfer spend of £194m, according to numbers compiled by the football finance blog Swiss Ramble."

They appear to have spent around £100M between takeover in 2010 and winning the league in 2016.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation
"The club’s owner, the billionaire Thai businessman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who owns his country’s duty-free company King Power, bankrolled Leicester’s rise from the Championship with more than £100m after he took over the club in 2010."

Mr Lai's wealth isn't as large as initially thought, I'm sure it's something like £200M, I think he bought the club with the help of other financial backers.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 12:11:05 PM by Hull Baggie »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2021, 12:09:52 PM »
Bournemouth away in the sun at the start of the season.

Lets hope fans are allowed back by then as it will be a great day out

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2021, 12:24:51 PM »
Bournemouth away in the sun at the start of the season.

Lets hope fans are allowed back by then as it will be a great day out

You're right it will be a great day out if fans are allowed back in. Probably drive down, but I might get the train depending on prices.
Hopefully we'll have some new faces in key positions by then and it might be a good test of where we are as a side as Bournemouth will be expected to finish in the top 6 too.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2021, 12:27:51 PM »
You're right it will be a great day out if fans are allowed back in. Probably drive down, but I might get the train depending on prices.
Hopefully we'll have some new faces in key positions by then and it might be a good test of where we are as a side as Bournemouth will be expected to finish in the top 6 too.
There must be a pretty good chance that the date of this game will be moved by Sky to show it live?

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2021, 12:33:41 PM »
There must be a pretty good chance that the date of this game will be moved by Sky to show it live?

First game of the Championship season is usually a Friday night, so there's a high chance it'll be moved to then as the curtain raiser.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2021, 12:41:38 PM »

Yeah I'm kind of hoping that they pick either Fulham/Boro or Sheff utd/Blues..but our game does the look the more interesting.

Might have to take the Friday off work!!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2021, 01:16:12 PM »
They took over Leicester in 2010 and they won the league in 2016. Between 2014/15 (when they came back into the league and 2018/19 they had a net transfer spend of £194M.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-leicester-citys-net-transfer-4831840

"From 2014-15, when City came back into the top flight, to 2018-19, the latest season for which financial figures have been released, City had a net transfer spend of £194m, according to numbers compiled by the football finance blog Swiss Ramble."

They appear to have spent around £100M between takeover in 2010 and winning the league in 2016.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation
"The club’s owner, the billionaire Thai businessman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who owns his country’s duty-free company King Power, bankrolled Leicester’s rise from the Championship with more than £100m after he took over the club in 2010."

Mr Lai's wealth isn't as large as initially thought, I'm sure it's something like £200M, I think he bought the club with the help of other financial backers.

Good info, so they were bankrolled compared to the Albion and other similar clubs.