Author Topic: Dara O'Shea  (Read 98993 times)

Dan

• WBA Coach

Re: Dara O'Shea
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »
Clearly a centre back playing right back but he's certainly helped add solidarity to the side which was crucial. Unlike Ferguson who will have his career at right back, O'Shea will surely eventually move back to centre back though. And a very good one he could be.

A shame how the Ferguson situation has played out really because these two really could be two premier league standard defenders produced by our academy for the back four.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2020, 02:28:25 PM »
Clearly a centre back playing right back but he's certainly helped add solidarity to the side which was crucial. Unlike Ferguson who will have his career at right back, O'Shea will surely eventually move back to centre back though. And a very good one he could be.

A shame how the Ferguson situation has played out really because these two really could be two premier league standard defenders produced by our academy for the back four.

Ferguson was extremely lucky. He got his break in Spain in pre-season when we were short of players with O'Shea and Fitzwater at centre back. Nyom didnt want to know and was pulled at half time giving Ferguson his break. He did well and Bilic kept faith in him.

To repay Bilic the way he has is a disgrace whoever he has advising him. I will be glad when he has moved out of the club.

Now it's O'Shea who has got his break and he's better than Ferguson anyway IMO so it's worked out well for Albion.

Funny how football works sometimes.

TLMS

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2020, 09:06:09 PM »

To repay Bilic the way he has is a disgrace whoever he has advising him. I will be glad when he has moved out of the club.

I appreciate I should say this in the Ferguson thread, but as you mentioned it, Ferguson's agent is Saif Rubie, the same fellow who represented Saido Berahino when he fell out with the club. Give him a Google, they hate him up in Liverpool.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2020, 09:34:04 AM »
I appreciate I should say this in the Ferguson thread, but as you mentioned it, Ferguson's agent is Saif Rubie, the same fellow who represented Saido Berahino when he fell out with the club. Give him a Google, they hate him up in Liverpool.

As you say, should be in the Ferguson thread, but it's been repeatedly corrected that the player represented by Berahino's old agent is not our Nathan Ferguson, but a player with the same name at a lower league club
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2020, 12:03:11 PM »

At the risk of going off topic the man who represents 'our' Nathan Ferguson is Alan Redmond, he's licenced with the FA and has a pretty decent reputation within the game.

http://www.r10agency.com/

I posted a link in reference to the 'other' Nathan Ferguson mentioned in the post above weeks if not months ago. If memory serves me correctly he's a central midfielder and he plays for Crawley Town.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2020, 07:48:42 PM »
What a solid performer he is, did a cross even come in from his side, can't remember one.
Baggie in Southampton

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2020, 07:50:30 PM »
A real steady Eddie. 7 out of 10 most weeks but quality on occasions like today.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2020, 07:50:51 PM »
He's far better all round than Ferguson or Furlong. I adore him, think he's going to have a huge future, he's got pretty much everything, except experience.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2020, 07:51:29 PM »
I rate Darnell Furlong but this lad is keeping him out on merit, well done young man
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2020, 07:59:39 PM »
Bloody love Dara he’s improved his game massively going forward from when he first started at Millwall, his attitude is spot on last 2 games he’s gone flying into 50/50 challenges hasn’t backed out and come away cleanly with the ball. At this stage I’d say he looks as good as Ferguson defensively and better going forwards.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2020, 08:06:23 PM »
A few reckoned that changing full backs doesn't change games.😷😷😷😷

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2020, 08:12:25 PM »

As you know the conversation was about Gibbs...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2020, 08:14:28 PM »
And I would still say that , if the perspective is changing between the ones in our squad ...each and every one of them has something to offer different from the others .
I would also say that for an all round rub/lb I’d still have Ferguson....that doesn’t mean I don’t rate each of the others either .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2020, 08:33:32 PM »
Should never of been dropped and adds so much balance to our squad. The CB instinct he has always means he is coming round on the cover which helps defensively.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM »
I love his commitment to the cause - a real role-model in attitude. He also has more quality on the ball than I initially gave him credit for. I can see him becoming a real cult hero down The Hawthorns actually.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
He's incredibly good at stopping crosses going in. He's great, it's made us forget Ferguson very quickly!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2020, 09:14:51 PM »
He seems to pop up on the wing a lot  ;D :o
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2020, 09:18:50 PM »
I love him. He can defend, his offensive play is improving leaps and bounds. Furlong should never have come in for him after the break. He won the crucial penalty against Wednesday and scored a massive goal today. He gives the side a really nice balance. We've been blessed with full backs this season.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2020, 09:29:21 PM »
Ferguson is better going forward, and will be a solid enough signing for Palace if the tribunal keeps the fee low, but Dara might just have the better career. Not as showy going forward (albeit he does have a great cross), but he he defends so well and he is lethal in the opposition's box.

Proof our academy is starting to work.
Boing Boing

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2020, 09:31:18 PM »
Big fan of Dara. Not much else to add from everyone else this evening apart from that I love the little element of sh1thousery that he seems to have in him. Sibley must be absolutely fuming that he fell into the trap laid for him.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2020, 09:37:00 PM »
This lad gets better every time I see him. Thank god we have tied him down to a new deal. Billic has come into our club and shown that Edwards isn't good enough to be in the squad and promoted young talent such as Ferguson and Oh Shea into the first team set up. Brilliant he needs to keep his place.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2020, 10:03:10 PM »
This lad gets better every time I see him. Thank god we have tied him down to a new deal. Billic has come into our club and shown that Edwards isn't good enough to be in the squad and promoted young talent such as Ferguson and Oh Shea into the first team set up. Brilliant he needs to keep his place.
What's Edwards got to do with it ? I'm pretty sure that Bilic does rate Edwards even if he is out of the squad at the moment...there is a fair bit of competition in the attacking wide positions.

O'Shea does look good, solid, unflashy, seems to read the game well. 

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2020, 10:08:01 PM »
What's Edwards got to do with it ? I'm pretty sure that Bilic does rate Edwards even if he is out of the squad at the moment...there is a fair bit of competition in the attacking wide positions.

O'Shea does look good, solid, unflashy, seems to read the game well.
No idea
Whatever anyone’s opinion on Edwards , he might not be the finished article....but there was a very late dash in to the penalty area one night at Preston...he got taken down and the resulting penalty was the difference between 1 and 3 points.....tonight (and possibly at the end of the season) we look and the table and think what a difference .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2020, 10:10:17 PM »
No idea
Whatever anyone’s opinion on Edwards , he might not be the finished article....but there was a very late dash in to the penalty area one night at Preston...he got taken down and the resulting penalty was the difference between 1 and 3 points.....tonight (and possibly at the end of the season) we look and the table and think what a difference .
Was a very obvious dive, but we digress this is a thread about Dara.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2020, 10:17:14 PM »
Why the need for a negative comment about a winger when you are praising a full-back?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride