Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 487151 times)

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #2725 on: August 04, 2021, 07:36:35 PM »
plays for the team who pays his wages

What if he puts no effort in and then disrupts the dressing up?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2726 on: August 04, 2021, 07:38:13 PM »
he turned up to training and has caused no problems from what I can see

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2727 on: August 04, 2021, 07:40:47 PM »

I agree that’s what I have been hearing as well and I do think he is worth a lot more like you do. But could that change if he was denied his move and he misses out on those supposed wages?

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2728 on: August 04, 2021, 07:40:57 PM »
I think this is important to VI. Group dynamics are vital to success. I think that’s what he means by the best players for the team which aren’t necessarily the best players. I can see MP being a quality player who doesn’t fit with the team.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2729 on: August 04, 2021, 07:41:39 PM »
It was reported that Guochuan Lai, the owner of WBA blocked the appointment of Chris Wilder because of his strained relationship with Abdullah bin Musaid Al Saud, the owner of both Al-Halal and Sheffield Utd. . It is interesting that he is now said to be willing to do business with him in regard to the transfer of Pereira.

It's interesting that you bought up that connection.............
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2730 on: August 04, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »
VI wants players to run through walls for the team. Just turning up isn’t enough I guess. I got that impression when he talked about being impressed with SJ returning early to training.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2731 on: August 04, 2021, 07:44:24 PM »
It's interesting that you bought up that connection.............

Would make a good story but it’s a different al hilal

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2732 on: August 04, 2021, 07:45:52 PM »
Talk of £20m fee over two years.

Unbelievably poor business if true and very dubious imho. I don't know want to risk saying any slanderous comments, but I cannot help but think there is more to this than meets the eye...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2733 on: August 04, 2021, 07:46:34 PM »
As ever there are several layers to this.

Let's park that the Al Al Hilal money will allow him to somehow let him look after his family Brazil. Well yes but the £600k net he is drawing with us is hardly minimum wage and would certainly give him scope to help out if he was minded to.

The bid really is problematic in terms of wages it is equivalent of £250,000k a week in the UK or any of the other major European Leagues. Nobody is paying him that even clubs that routinely do so for their top earners won't because he isn't close to that level, and no amount of cheer leading here or in the media is going to change the buyers perception.

The bigger problem with Al Al Hilal is the money can sit there and wait. If he doesn't kick a ball for 3 months he can still walk the Saudi League so kicking his heals training with the reserves isn't a threat. He does not care about the level of football he's playing and in three months we will have largely wasted our best wage for zero return and he can still wait us out.   

None of this encourages a bid from a club who would be happy to pay something in the region of £30m (right now there isn't one and we are pulling bids off the walls) and besides which the player is no longer interested in that option.

In short this never ends well for the club and this could happen to most clubs except many footballers wouldn't stick their career in the toilet. However wherever the football economy bubbles (China 5 years ago) you will find a host of mid level Brazilian talent leading the dash for the cash and not being overly concerned about their legacy as players.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2734 on: August 04, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »
I’d feel sick if we sold a player of his quality for £17 million. That doesn’t even get you a half decent Championship player these days.

Spot on.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2735 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:10 PM »
As far as we know no premier league has so far made an offer for Pereira and to quite a few of them, £25m isnt a huge amount, if a club desperately wanted him they could.

Now would be the time for them to show their hand if they do want him and thats then upto Pereira (he would likely turn them down as nobody will offer him £140k a week except the arabs)

I would love it if we could of sorted it and he stayed as i think he is quality, however from the outside looking in, in his one season in the premier league he was brilliant for half a season and poor for half a season, he fell out with his coach at Sporting and is now supposedly training with the kids as he isnt committed to our club, he also has gone very public making clear his decision is purely financial.

Premier league clubs may look at those things and the fact he is willing to go and play in a weaker league as he approaches his peak years and have reservations, he may be a type of player they would take a gamble on later in the window but i would imagine he would be getting £70k a week maximum.

We want £25m but if nobody is offering it we have a problem, we arent playing any bids off each other as of yet as there is only one club in for him. if we hold fire and wait til the end of the window we then run out of time to get players we want from the funds then the club get criticised, if we sell now for a lower amount the club again get criticised.

If he is still here after the window closes, is he really going to play the 100% effort and tempo Val wants? He may do but i have my reservations when he is so desperate to move.

Its all well and good saying let him rot but us fans would go mad too if we did that.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2736 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:57 PM »
Has it been confirmed he is going (Percy?)
Has the fee been confirmed ?

Its often said on here "i will believe it when i see him in the stripes"   well frankly, similarly i cannot / will not believe that the club can be this incompetent until i see it from a reliable source.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2737 on: August 04, 2021, 07:52:20 PM »
Can't see Daniel Levy let Kane go on the cheap, on the off chance he might disrupt the dressing room. Indeed can't imagine Jeremy Peace caving in.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2738 on: August 04, 2021, 07:53:11 PM »

Thanks for the correction. My bad!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2739 on: August 04, 2021, 07:53:20 PM »

Its often said on here "i will believe it when i see him in the stripes"   well frankly, similarly i cannot / will not believe that the club can be this incompetent until i see it from a reliable source.

No and no, despite all the posts suggesting it is a done deal. What does concern me is that Lai has a business relationship with the owner of the Saudi club and as per the times story seemed happy to prepare an underhand deal when a sale was being discussed last January.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2740 on: August 04, 2021, 07:53:44 PM »

Romano confirmed deal close, just fee to be agreed. Personal terms sorted a while back.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2741 on: August 04, 2021, 07:54:03 PM »
If club kept their dirty laundry in doors nothing about Pereira and his alleged attitude would of came out. Ishmael made a big mistake by talking to openly with media about Matheus. He's probably cost the club millions by questioning players attitude.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2742 on: August 04, 2021, 07:55:39 PM »
Romano confirmed deal close, just fee to be agreed. Personal terms sorted a while back.

So thats no change to 10 days ago, (as per MP's public rant)
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2743 on: August 04, 2021, 07:57:20 PM »
So thats no change to 10 days ago, (as per MP's public rant)

WBA board have changed from won't sell on cheap then to now willing to sell on cheap

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2744 on: August 04, 2021, 07:58:31 PM »

OK  :)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2745 on: August 04, 2021, 07:59:13 PM »
WBA board have changed from won't sell on cheap then to now willing to sell on cheap

Allegedly !  I will stick with the tried and trusted "Percy knows before anyone else on twitter"
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2746 on: August 04, 2021, 08:00:32 PM »
Allegedly !  I will stick with the tried and trusted "Percy knows before anyone else on twitter"

Fair enough mate but Romano is on the ball and rarely wrong. Hopefully this is one of those times he is.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2747 on: August 04, 2021, 08:01:33 PM »

Yes, being the most important part of any transfer, agreeing a fee with the selling club. Apart from that it's all done and dusted.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2748 on: August 04, 2021, 08:01:43 PM »
No and no, despite all the posts suggesting it is a done deal. What does concern me is that Lai has a business relationship with the owner of the Saudi club and as per the times story seemed happy to prepare an underhand deal when a sale was being discussed last January.

He hasn't got a relationship with him. The Sheffield United owner also owns Al Hilal of the UAE 3rd tier. Pereira is linked with the Saudi club Al Hilal.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2749 on: August 04, 2021, 08:02:21 PM »
Fair enough mate but Romano is on the ball and rarely wrong. Hopefully this is one of those times he is.

Did you go on his twitch? What exactly did he say in addition to his tweet?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.