Author Topic: Shirt Sponsor  (Read 64752 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Shirt Sponsor
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2015, 12:58:24 AM »
I've got an all navy blue with white bands down the arms albion top, its got the west Bromwich building society shirt sponsor and it was manufactured by Patrick,with the old albion crest as its badge, was this shirt actually used by the team because I have no idea its just one of many my son and daughters gave me over the years but its my favourite albion shirt.

Sure we wore that kit when beating Wigan one nil away with Martin Albrechtsen scoring the winning goal.
Same game where Darren Moore was sent off and Tomasz Kuszczak got save of the season against Jason Roberts.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2015, 06:25:50 AM »
Sure we wore that kit when beating Wigan one nil away with Martin Albrechtsen scoring the winning goal.
Same game where Darren Moore was sent off and Tomasz Kuszczak got save of the season against Jason Roberts.
That was the one with the stripe across it a few years after , I've got that one too somewhere.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2015, 07:22:44 AM »
http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/w/west-bromwich-albion/old-west-bromwich-albion-football-shirt-s27746.html

1998-1999 third kit?
Thanks for finding that PsalmXXIII, that's definitely the one and first picture I've ever seen of it.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2015, 08:47:13 AM »
That was the one with the stripe across it a few years after , I've got that one too somewhere.

Very true sir, only read the part about the top being blue and speed read the rest.
Thank you.
Did like the Patrick top pictured via the link above though.
 :).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2015, 11:48:24 AM »
http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/w/west-bromwich-albion/old-west-bromwich-albion-football-shirt-s27746.html

1998-1999 third kit?

I remember we got beat at Brentford wearing that kit in one of the cups , it was the third shirt and I've still got it.

I think that Brentford match was the only time we ever wore that shirt. I remember really liking it at the time but never bought it.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2015, 12:20:46 PM »
I love the green and yellow, understand it's a bit of a 'marmite' design but what harm would it do bringing it out as a third kit or  a cup away shirt?  I haven't bought a replica top in over ten years but if a green and yellow one was released I'd be straight down the club shop to buy it.
"This crack is really moreish."

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »
Official statement: Albion part company with principal sponsor

WEST Bromwich Albion today confirm the end of their one-year partnership with Intuit QuickBooks, the club’s Principal Sponsor during the 2014-15 season.

The two companies are going their separate ways to pursue other commercial opportunities after enjoying a fruitful partnership.

Adrian Wright, Albion’s Sales and Marketing Director, said: “We have enjoyed our partnership and I think both parties believe it to have been a mutually-advantageous venture.

“Intuit QuickBooks embraced the Club warmly and we shall always be grateful for their willing participation in the Astle Day shirt change.”

Albion are in the early stages of preparing for a sixth successive Premier League campaign and expect to make an announcement about a new shirt sponsor in the coming weeks.

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/west-bromwich-albion-principal-sponsor-intuit-quickbooks-2486431.aspx#MfJjrphMr6r4qHzw.99

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2015, 12:24:13 PM »
Inuit quick books now jumped ship to the Villa

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-announce-new-sponsor-9417906#ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

As an aside I think that completely kills the notion that the people behind the American interrest in buying us are the founders of the company.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2015, 12:26:50 PM »
Probably means there will be another delay in the new shirts going on sale this summer while we try and find a new sponsor.
"This crack is really moreish."

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2015, 12:37:04 PM »
Probably means there will be another delay in the new shirts going on sale this summer while we try and find a new sponsor.

As it was a one year deal I'd imagine the new sponsor is already lined up (unless it depends on buy out) and we were waiting for the contract to officially run out.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2015, 12:37:54 PM »
always the same we are a shambles when it comes to new kits  same every year...what happened to new kit been worn last home game

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2015, 12:45:15 PM »
always the same we are a shambles when it comes to new kits  same every year...what happened to new kit been worn last home game
Now i disagree with that. New kits meant to be for new season.

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-announce-new-sponsor-9417906#ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

As an aside I think that completely kills the notion that the people behind the American interrest in buying us are the founders of the company.
or they lost out to the other bidder  :)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2015, 01:00:04 PM »

I wonder whose decision it was to sever ties?
You would have thought that with all the advertising hoardings already in position it would have made financial and logistical sense to extend the existing deal
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2015, 01:01:48 PM »
Amercian ownwers, american chief executive lets keep all things american
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2015, 01:06:56 PM »
I wonder whose decision it was to sever ties?
You would have thought that with all the advertising hoardings already in position it would have made financial and logistical sense to extend the existing deal

According to this we have gone for a bigger sponsorship deal

http://thebaggiesway.com/2015/06/09/new-wba-sponsorship-set-to-be-worth-2m/?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »
Now i disagree with that. New kits meant to be for new season.
thats fair enough mate but  when you see youngsters on holiday in there new kits and we always have to wait until  pretty much august thats what does my head in  we always seem to be behind every body else
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:14:40 PM by B_H_Baggie »

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »
The good news is at least that monstrosity of a mascot will be gone. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a simple mutual decision to part ways, they have been linked with sponsoring Villa for a while and we look like we might be getting a better financial package from elsewhere.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »
Its a difficult position for the club whilst up for sale.

If I was buying us for £150m I'd want my company on the shirts. Plus it may help side step some of the fair play regulations by sponsoring us for a significantly higher amount and legitimately increasing our 'revenue'. I'm not saying as blatant as the 'Etihad' stadium for £500m but maybe a £4-5m pound a year deal.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2015, 02:56:19 PM »
We got 1.5m for 1 season and Villa got 5m for 2 seasons I noticed
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2015, 03:48:25 PM »

To be fair, they did win the European cup thirty odd years ago.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »
To be fair, they did win the European cup thirty odd years ago.

yes they sure did and we are reminded of it at every available opportunity
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »

That's not unusual really - short term deal will have lower values, and they'll realise what sponsorship funding gets you. They may want more of a presence at Villa, more sponsor benefits, they may just have a larger budget to spend this year. Either way, they'll have that dreadful logo on their shirts and we won't :)

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2015, 06:02:08 PM »
Venkys.

;)
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »
The good news is at least that monstrosity of a mascot will be gone. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a simple mutual decision to part ways, they have been linked with sponsoring Villa for a while and we look like we might be getting a better financial package from elsewhere.

Couldn't agree more. I don't like mascots anyway, but I understand the kids like them, but at least the other two are something to do with the club
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !