Author Topic: What has this club become?  (Read 15763 times)

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

What has this club become?
« on: August 31, 2016, 09:29:49 PM »
Albion summer transfer window 16/17

Outs
Anichebe (40k)
Gamboa 900k (25k)
Pocognoli loan (20k)
Chester 7m (25k)
Sessesgnon (50k)
Lindgaard (15k)

Total money 7.9 million
Wages saved 175k a week

Ins
Phillips 5.5 (35k)
Galloway (15k)
Chadli 13 mil (60k)
Nyom 3 mil (30k)
Robson Kanu (20k)

Total money 21.5 million
Wages spent 160k a week

Above is a summary of our transfer window this summer. The figures quoted are rough guides especially the wages although I can't imagine I'm miles apart on most of them.

All in all what do we make of it? I'm my opinion it's been an absolute shambles and compared to clubs our size they have drastically improved their team and spent that extra money needed to push on. We have spent more on transfer fees than we have received by 13 million and wages wise we are about par so haven't even increased our wage bill. Putting into account the TV money on offer it's not a great deal.

It has been said a few times that we're still operating on a Jeremy Peace budget as the takeover hasn't been ratified yet and I think it shows. We are acting like a small time club and it serves us right if we do get relegated. Where's the belief? Where's the willingness to want to do better and thrive rather than just survive in this league. No wonder attendances are on the slide and the atmosphere is getting worse.

Mr Lai, John Williams and Nick Hammond (still wondering what his contribution is) have a MASSIVE job on their hands and so has our head coach who for all his criticism has obviously been screwed over with signings. If he wasn't our head coach we would be relegated with this team, no doubt.

We've had bids of £16 million and £15 million accepted only for them to fall through over a failed medical and then squabbling over £3 for a final payment, how small time can you get? Then had a £21 million bid for William Carvalho who we wasted our time on turned down. Anyone who says we don't have any money to spend needs to get their head out the sand. We as fans are being mugged off in my opinion. We are passionate fans that deserve better than shopping at bargain basement. We've been in this league 7 years but you'd think we'd of just got promoted when we're signings Watford's cast offs and losing out to Jack Whilshire to Bournemouth, just embarrassing!

Something needs to change with our transfer policy and quick. We sleepwalk our way through each one while others act quick and get their business done early.

There was a tweet last week saying 'what is the point in WBA' and it got a lot of fans backs up but looking at it and from an outside perspective I do really think why are we in the Premiership when we have no intentions of acting like one.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: What has this club become?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 10:43:12 PM »
Didn't we also get something like £1.2m from the sale of Roofe to Leeds from Oxford ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 10:44:37 PM »
It was said before..
We are a Mickey Mouse club.
Tonight, we have proved the statement to be correct.

Edit...Perhaps Mickey Mouse ears for the end of season game?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:46:37 PM by Droitwich Baggie »

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 10:45:47 PM »
It's become boring, stale and pretty pointless at this moment in time.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 10:46:27 PM »
Didn't we also get something like £1.2m from the sale of Roofe to Leeds from Oxford ?

Yes we did, so we've actually spent even less.

What baffles me is that we never tried to utilise our loan options more. Ideally we could have paid £2-3 million for Sakho and paid his wages for the year. If he turned out bad, send him back to Hammers, if not then buy him.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 10:52:02 PM »
It's become a cash cow to milk regardless of what fans want.

It operates in spite of fans hence we're becoming spiteful!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 10:55:20 PM »
the laughing stock of the west midlands.the kings of the west midlands mothball the clown suit until xmas time.pulis out

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 11:01:44 PM »
A screaming sack of deluded s**t. My love for the club will never waiver.....passion, I'm sad to say is almost gone. We have incompetent wannabes running our beloved club.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 11:27:07 PM »
The club is still great...
It is the rubbish who are in control and think they are big men. That/they are the problem.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 11:38:36 PM »
But people will still turn up and moan on here. It's about time the fans let there feelings known to the leach who is riding off into the sunset on his 160 million pound steed.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 11:41:12 PM »
But people will still turn up and moan on here. It's about time the fans let there feelings known to the leach who is riding off into the sunset on his 160 million pound steed.

People have been praising Peace all summer !!!!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 11:41:42 PM »
Premiership in name only. League 2 in how we operate. I'm really not surprised at the shambles that we have created. I'm more surprised at the amount of people on here that thought things would be any different from the norm.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 11:52:03 PM »
Premiership in name only. League 2 in how we operate. I'm really not surprised at the shambles that we have created. I'm more surprised at the amount of people on here that thought things would be any different from the norm.
im shamed to say i bought a golden ticket  :'(

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 10:46:35 AM »
We all live in hope, I thought you would know that being a Albion fan.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 10:50:37 AM »
Become a club who we seriously can't trust to make the right decisions

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 10:55:09 AM »
We are a great club with great history. Its the current custodians and senior management to blame for making our great club a laughing stock. Lai should wait for takeover to be official and then clear the decks. Williams Jenkins peace garlick Hammond and pulis should all be showed the doo. COYB

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 10:58:00 AM »
We become more shambolic by the season.
Yesterday morning we were allegedly looking at players like Slimani £30m, Comacho £23m, Carvalho £28m, why were we wasting our time.
By 6.00pm we got a right back that his own supporters were glad to see the back of and a one goal wonder free agent from the Euros.
I half expected to see in the papers this morning that we had actually signed a couple of half decent players that hadn't been announced, but no.
Shambles, shambles shambles
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »
I think we have become a laughing stock

I was expecting so much more from this window.

Im still pretty speechless to be honest I just don't know what too say
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »
We become more shambolic by the season.
Yesterday morning we were allegedly looking at players like Slimani £30m, Comacho £23m, Carvalho £28m, why were we wasting our time.
By 6.00pm we got a right back that his own supporters were glad to see the back of and a one goal wonder free agent from the Euros.
I half expected to see in the papers this morning that we had actually signed a couple of half decent players that hadn't been announced, but no.
Shambles, shambles shambles
I sometimes wonder where the press get their info from, did you really think that we would spend anywhere near the amount of £81m.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »
Albion summer transfer window 16/17

Outs
Anichebe (40k)
Gamboa 900k (25k)
Pocognoli loan (20k)
Chester 7m (25k)
Sessesgnon (50k)
Lindgaard (15k)

Total money 7.9 million
Wages saved 175k a week

Ins
Phillips 5.5 (35k)
Galloway (15k)
Chadli 13 mil (60k)
Nyom 3 mil (30k)
Robson Kanu (20k)

Total money 21.5 million
Wages spent 160k a week

Above is a summary of our transfer window this summer. The figures quoted are rough guides especially the wages although I can't imagine I'm miles apart on most of them.

All in all what do we make of it? I'm my opinion it's been an absolute shambles and compared to clubs our size they have drastically improved their team and spent that extra money needed to push on. We have spent more on transfer fees than we have received by 13 million and wages wise we are about par so haven't even increased our wage bill. Putting into account the TV money on offer it's not a great deal.

It has been said a few times that we're still operating on a Jeremy Peace budget as the takeover hasn't been ratified yet and I think it shows. We are acting like a small time club and it serves us right if we do get relegated. Where's the belief? Where's the willingness to want to do better and thrive rather than just survive in this league. No wonder attendances are on the slide and the atmosphere is getting worse.

Mr Lai, John Williams and Nick Hammond (still wondering what his contribution is) have a MASSIVE job on their hands and so has our head coach who for all his criticism has obviously been screwed over with signings. If he wasn't our head coach we would be relegated with this team, no doubt.

We've had bids of £16 million and £15 million accepted only for them to fall through over a failed medical and then squabbling over £3 for a final payment, how small time can you get? Then had a £21 million bid for William Carvalho who we wasted our time on turned down. Anyone who says we don't have any money to spend needs to get their head out the sand. We as fans are being mugged off in my opinion. We are passionate fans that deserve better than shopping at bargain basement. We've been in this league 7 years but you'd think we'd of just got promoted when we're signings Watford's cast offs and losing out to Jack Whilshire to Bournemouth, just embarrassing!

Something needs to change with our transfer policy and quick. We sleepwalk our way through each one while others act quick and get their business done early.

There was a tweet last week saying 'what is the point in WBA' and it got a lot of fans backs up but looking at it and from an outside perspective I do really think why are we in the Premiership when we have no intentions of acting like one.

Don't forget that Lambert went aswell for extra savings

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 11:08:23 AM »
I sometimes wonder where the press get their info from, did you really think that we would spend anywhere near the amount of £81m.

No but I expected us to pay the £16m that was required to land Comacho
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 11:12:31 AM »
I'm still angry today .

We've been in the premier league for years and yet we are not competing on a level field with newly promoted clubs or similar sized clubs just  so that the club can line their pockets. It's disgusting now.

We're in a sorry state as a team . Good facilities , great fans but small
time, pathetic owners/ administrators and a head coach who seems to have no respect for the wishes of our fans to see at least a few goals and attacking play now and again.

I won't be watching many (if any) games until i see a change in management strategy on and off the pitch .

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 11:12:53 AM »
No but I expected us to pay the £16m that was required to land Comacho
Until the club comes clean with a response to the awful day that it had yesterday we wont know the true facts on anything. I don't trust the press and to be honest they don't have that good rapport with the club.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 11:16:16 AM »
This is my take on the situation at the moment.

Without prejudice.

JP sold WBA to this Lai chap. But he knew that the window was closing, so he closed the deal, but retained control of the purse strings until after 1st September.

The more money the club spent in the transfer window, the less money JP could walk away with. So I reckon the £25-30m shortfall in transfer spending has gone straight to JP.

He has basically mugged off Lai and the fans and the club.

He obviously knew he was going to sell a while ago, which is why he got Pulis in. He knew Pulis could keep the club up, with a threadbare squad.

Now the club is left with a manager who is hated. A squad which is under strength and under attack (from fans). Fans who are quite rightly angry, disillusioned and ripped off.

The only good that can come from this is:

1. Pulis is sacked.
2. New manager installed.
3. Lai brakes all transfer records and invests heavily in Jan

Feel really sorry for the ST holders who've paid to watch dirge football for the next 9 months.

webral

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »
It's about time the fans let there feelings known to the leach who is riding off into the sunset on his 160 million pound steed.
agree, about time he got some stick from the terraces