Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Well, he made one change in the starting eleven with Wallace instead of BTA, which has worked well for us before. I remain of the view that Wallace is the better finisher, but he didn't get any service today. The only thing he got wrong in my view was not subbing  Dianga earler, but there again, Dianga is the type of player who can pop up and score crucial goals.

Sorry Alex, i respectfully disagree on the 'Wallace as a lone striker' thing. Wallace is the better footballer, yes, that doesn't mean he's better up front than BTA though.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Kyle Bartley
« Last post by beechyboy90 on Yesterday at 11:30:05 PM »
Is Bartley perfect no but he is far better than most at the club. Far more important to keep him if kipre leaves.
It's hard to say that anyone played well but the changes CC made, made us worse for sure.
Well, he made one change in the starting eleven with Wallace instead of BTA, which has worked well for us before. I remain of the view that Wallace is the better finisher, but he didn't get any service today. The only thing he got wrong in my view was not subbing  Dianga earler, but there again, Dianga is the type of player who can pop up and score crucial goals.
If Grant can be shipped out permanently then I’d happily do it without a transfer fee. If he stays his contribution will be next to nothing. Dike we can forget about until 2025 and then realistically what is is going to contribute in the second half of the season ?
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by KN22 on Yesterday at 11:25:03 PM »
We fall at the final hurdle and some cannot wait to blame the manager. I have been coming on here for long enough for that not to surprise me. With this squad, reaching the play offs was a very good achievement and as much as the fans who follow the team would have loved a trip to Wembley I now think we should look forward to next season with, hopefully, a much refreshed squad.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: State of the Squad - (Championship 2024/25)
« Last post by paulosull on Yesterday at 11:20:22 PM »
I’m not sure those figure are right the new Sky deal.  Even it is correct, it doesn’t solve our problems.

Fellows is worth £15m+ BECAUSE of signing his new contract.  The new contract merely means we get a bigger fee for him.
figure’s are right but your forgetting those out of contract on ludicrous wages are either becoming free agents or will sign for substantial less wages on one year deals as for Grant he’s reportedly on 35 k a week so we need him of wage bill.
« Last post by gazberg on Yesterday at 11:17:55 PM »
think the old deal was worth about 3 or 4 million that’s why it was crucial that we weren’t relegated especially if we still had china man as owner.

That low? wow i had no idea.  I was never worried about relegation. That's just the Steve Bruce effect. CHEERS RON!
Without hearing what he has to say, I don't know if that was CC's game plan. Indeed given the number of times CC talks about 'intensity', I think he could justifiably claim the players didn't take enough initiative in taking the game to Southampton, or moving the ball forward quicker. The players also need to take some responsibility.

It's hard to say that anyone played well but the changes CC made, made us worse for sure.
« Last post by paulosull on Yesterday at 11:15:43 PM »
So the new Sky deal is about a 4/5m increase is that correct? Do we get 8/9m now?
think the old deal was worth about 3 or 4 million that’s why it was crucial that we weren’t relegated especially if we still had china man as owner.
« Last post by gazberg on Yesterday at 11:15:04 PM »
And neither should he play him. He’s useless

I agree it just means more money drained from the club if we can't get anyone to loan him
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]