Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Ian Pearce
« Last post by BalisPen on Today at 09:31:35 PM »
As he's the head of recruitment or whatever  - yes.

If he has so little input overall that he can't be held responsible what's he doing here?

Tru dat
Great day! Nerves were swept away after the first 10 mins thought we started brightly and never let up. Furlong great game & I thought BTA was terrific too yeah he missed two sitters but his general hold up play was much better too & his usual work rate to had their number 6 on toast

But my god Preston were shocking I didn't remember a single attempt!

Last Match Forum - 04/05 Preston North End (H) / Re: After Match Debate
« Last post by graka on Today at 08:57:55 PM »
A decent overall performance with a balanced team
We didn’t reach the heights of the Leicester performance and oh how we need a natural number nine
One change for me would be a place on the bench for weiman who is a goal poacher in case we are chasing a goal at some point over the game’s against the saints
Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health and if we play decent we have a chance but a tough ask against the best team I have seen us play this season
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 08:51:54 PM »
But that’s the issue isn’t it
No one on here actually knows what level of input he actually has….so can he actually be culpable?

As he's the head of recruitment or whatever  - yes.

If he has so little input overall that he can't be held responsible what's he doing here?
« Last post by zippyandbungle on Today at 08:47:25 PM »
I don’t think Pearce can claim any credit for BTA . It was down to Bruce’s son in law !
But that’s the issue isn’t it
No one on here actually knows what level of input he actually has….so can he actually be culpable?
« Last post by DevonInStripes on Today at 08:42:19 PM »
I don’t think Pearce can claim any credit for BTA . It was down to Bruce’s son in law !
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by BalisPen on Today at 08:31:13 PM »
For me it's very unlikely that we'll win the po.

Getting there was very important though, as it shows Patel that he has a gudun who needs to be backed, and we really need to keep him and help him take us forward.

West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by WBArgo on Today at 08:23:36 PM »
I know I was probably a little bit more optimistic than many fans going into the season. I genuinely thought we would have a shot at the play-offs (I could have said this of a number of clubs) that provided the key players were close to their best and we were fortunate with injuries.

The fact that we finished the season in the play-offs when neither of the above conditions applied is a huge credit to Corberan

We were WAY luckier with injuries compared with last season. Having said this, Corberan still did well with our striker situation. 2/3 of our strikers were out for most the season. At one point he even used Wallace up front as well which says it all.
« Last post by zippyandbungle on Today at 08:20:11 PM »
I will, we have had a succesful season, which is a credit to manager, players, scouts and head of recruitment, along with a lot of other unsung heroes behind the scenes. I've no idea why in the penultimate weak of the campaign with a top six place almost confirmed anyone wants to throw shade at the recruitment department and scouting. You'd think from some of the posts we were 15th not 6th.
You do have a point.
When things work it’s down to corberans genius, when they didn’t/don’t it’s down to recruitment and Lai.
If I were Pearce I’d argue that my job is to find players as per the instruction…wether they work out or not cannot be 100% down to him and we don’t see what the instruction is .
You look at  Asante….if you say he has a rubbish touch and doesn’t understand the offside rule….people shout he’s only 300k and he has scored goals ….so is he a successful recruit?
You look at swift….3 years ago the championship player of the season….why wouldn’t you try and get him?
It’s not always as easy as football manager suggests
I'd rather see us in the Premiership to help the funding, disappointing football or not.

Totally agree. IF we went up my only realistic ambition would be to not be one of the Prem era historically poor clubs, like Sheff Utd have been this year. Get results against Wolves and Villa, maybe another insane 5-2 or whatever vs Chelsea and bank the cash for the medium term future.

This coming summer, regardless of league, I’d love the club to look for 3 or 4 first team players and look to see if 1/2 of our youth can join Fellows as a first teamer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10