Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 548942 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3625 on: October 13, 2021, 03:08:51 PM »
Once he got his chance in the England side, the one he broke into whilst at Villa. Now that he has had his chance and played well he has kept it his spot.

And rightly so

He got his chance at Villa and was playing well for England, on a few occasions being our best player, before and during the Euro's. Couldnt keep his spot then. He was even sub sub against Denmark. I know GS said it was tactical, but i dont believe he would do that to Sterling or Rashford.

Playing well representing England whilst at Villa - Couldn't nail down a place. Playing well representing England whilst at Man City -  Seems to have secured a spot. It may be coincidence, but there's an obvious difference and its not that he wasn't playing well for England previously. 

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3626 on: October 13, 2021, 03:14:27 PM »
I can't remember so many "international breaks" when I was younger. There are too many disruptions to club football with all these extra tournaments and qualifiers.

Indeed, I'm pretty sure international fixtures were just played during the week. I don't recall friendlies being played during the season either.

Same with the so called Champions league, too many meaningless games, just go back to being a real champions tournament and a knock out at all rounds with no seeded teams.

Bah Humbug!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

NJS

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3627 on: October 13, 2021, 03:56:09 PM »
I agree with this 100%. He is a fantastic goal scorer, we only have to look at the record books for evidence of that. Something is clearly wrong with him and, personally, I do not know who the replacement should be if this run of bad form continues from Kane.

I think Kane  was overused by club and country a couple of years ago and is basically shot.  His ankles are now weak and I don't think he can withstand the attention he gets in the box; Lewandowski isn't always on teh shoulder of the central defenders.  He needs a rest so that his body can recover and take a buffeting again.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 03:58:37 PM by NJS »
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3628 on: November 14, 2021, 09:05:45 AM »
Connor Gallagher has been called up to the England squad.

Well done Connor, deserved recognition
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3629 on: November 14, 2021, 09:20:40 AM »
Connor Gallagher has been called up to the England squad.

Well done Connor, deserved recognition

Well done lad

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3630 on: November 15, 2021, 08:48:33 PM »
Gallagher on for his England debut. Well done Conor.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3631 on: November 15, 2021, 09:45:25 PM »
It really is embarrassing that the likes of San Marino litter these qualification rounds..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3632 on: November 15, 2021, 11:24:16 PM »
Well done England. 10-15 years ago we’d have struggled with that fixture and had a point or unconvincing win.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3633 on: November 15, 2021, 11:30:34 PM »
Well done England. 10-15 years ago we’d have struggled with that fixture and had a point or unconvincing win.

No we wouldn't. The worst we've ever done against San Marino is won 5-0 in 2012, 2014 and 2021. Back in 2013 we beat them 8-0 away from home so not much different to tonight considering they were reduced to ten men as well. In 1993 we beat them 13-1 aggregate over two games.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:32:52 PM by Atomic »

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3634 on: November 22, 2021, 12:12:12 PM »
Southgate has signed a new deal till 2024.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3635 on: November 22, 2021, 12:14:49 PM »
Southgate has signed a new deal till 2024.

Man Ure have, possibly, missed a trick there, imo
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3636 on: November 22, 2021, 12:16:18 PM »
Man Ure have, possibly, missed a trick there, imo

They seem to be fixed on ZZ
What have we done?
And what have we become?
In this distance from our Mother
To the gates of late Eden

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3637 on: November 22, 2021, 12:23:00 PM »
They seem to be fixed on ZZ

Who isn't remotely interested.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3638 on: November 22, 2021, 12:27:44 PM »
This is why I think Tottenham were smart to move early for Conte, Levy may have seen this coming......
What have we done?
And what have we become?
In this distance from our Mother
To the gates of late Eden

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3639 on: November 30, 2021, 08:55:34 PM »
Womens World Cup Qualifying

England 20 - 0 Latvia

Close then  :D

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3640 on: November 30, 2021, 09:27:19 PM »
Not a great scoreline, I don't really get what the non elite nations get from results like this. Should we have stepped off the gas at some point out of respect?

It also emphasises why I don't think you can compare mens and womens scoring records at international level. You get quite a few journalists and bloggers who get offended when you hear "England's record appearance maker" or "record goalscorer" to say "actuallllyyyy, eh Women's game", but score lines like this are unheard of in men's UEFA comps. We were all stunned by the 10-0 vs San Marino, but the women have now scored 10 or more goals in 3 of their recent qualifiers, as well as hitting 8 in a other, while Northern Ireland have also hit 11 and 9 in recent games.

The gap between the Elite Women's sides in Europe and the lesser counterparts seems to be double that in the men's game.
Boing Boing

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3641 on: November 30, 2021, 10:01:45 PM »
Not a great scoreline, I don't really get what the non elite nations get from results like this. Should we have stepped off the gas at some point out of respect?

It also emphasises why I don't think you can compare mens and womens scoring records at international level. You get quite a few journalists and bloggers who get offended when you hear "England's record appearance maker" or "record goalscorer" to say "actuallllyyyy, eh Women's game", but score lines like this are unheard of in men's UEFA comps. We were all stunned by the 10-0 vs San Marino, but the women have now scored 10 or more goals in 3 of their recent qualifiers, as well as hitting 8 in a other, while Northern Ireland have also hit 11 and 9 in recent games.

The gap between the Elite Women's sides in Europe and the lesser counterparts seems to be double that in the men's game.
More like quadruple. If England men had beaten Latvia 5-0 it would be seen as a good result. The women's world cup qualifiers are a joke, large amounts of complete humiliations. Not a great advert for the women's game.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:33:49 PM by timdon »

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3642 on: December 01, 2021, 10:36:10 AM »
Womens World Cup Qualifying

England 20 - 0 Latvia

Close then  :D

As much as the BBC are desperate to push the women's game (this match was deemed as higher priority than the Premier League games last night on their football page), matches like this are an absolute joke.

It makes including San Marino in the men's qualifying look competitive.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3643 on: December 01, 2021, 10:34:33 PM »
I thought i moaned a lot but dear me! How can anyone complain that an England team (weather it be men,women, schoolboys disabled or whoever) win 20-0? Well i for one thoroughly enjoyed it, sitting there not getting worked up, getting annoyed or throwing things at the TV. I am sure the women playing and the people in the ground enjoyed themselves aswell. I had forgotten that is what its all about, enjoying it!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3644 on: December 02, 2021, 12:29:01 AM »
I thought i moaned a lot.........

And you do  :P  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3645 on: December 02, 2021, 04:19:39 PM »
And you do  :P  ;) .
If you sat next me at a match, you would know what moaning really is!! All my Grandkids call me Victor  ;D

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3646 on: December 02, 2021, 05:50:55 PM »
I thought i moaned a lot but dear me! How can anyone complain that an England team (weather it be men,women, schoolboys disabled or whoever) win 20-0? Well i for one thoroughly enjoyed it, sitting there not getting worked up, getting annoyed or throwing things at the TV. I am sure the women playing and the people in the ground enjoyed themselves aswell. I had forgotten that is what its all about, enjoying it!!

You can ask questions about the health of the international game in its current format. Armenia lost 19-0 to Belgium a few days before. I support England but there is a point where you feel something needs to change.
Boing Boing