Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 773878 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3600 on: October 09, 2021, 04:12:12 PM »
Well here I am stood on Wembley Way. Cross of Saint George wrapped around my shoulders with a knotted hanky on my head and a bag of cans on the go. Must say it's very quiet for an England international match day. What time's everyone else getting here for.............?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3601 on: October 09, 2021, 09:08:45 PM »
Fikayo Tomori klaxon  ;D ;D ;D ;D

We needed him tied down with the threat of Nigeria still there in the background. Glad he has back in the fold as he suits a three man defence.

Also happy to see Tammy get his goal on his return. In a squad with a lack of top level Strikers backing up Harry Kane and with Liam Delap's chances of breaking through in time for the 2022 World Cup, Abraham might end up being vital.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3602 on: October 12, 2021, 08:32:33 PM »
Notice how Grealish has gone from being an occasional sub to a nailed on starter in the space of a transfer to a top club few months.
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3603 on: October 12, 2021, 08:50:18 PM »
Notice how Grealish has gone from being an occasional sub to a nailed on starter in the space of a transfer to a top club few months.

It’s always been predictable. Look at when both Grealish and Mount played in the championship. Grealish carried Villa to promotion, whilst Mount did ok for Derby.

By September, back at Chelsea, Mount got his England call.

Similar will happen with Sancho. As soon as he gets a run in the United side, he will be starting for England. 

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3604 on: October 12, 2021, 09:08:54 PM »

Look at the players he now trains with week in and week out.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3605 on: October 12, 2021, 10:02:00 PM »
It’s always been predictable. Look at when both Grealish and Mount played in the championship. Grealish carried Villa to promotion, whilst Mount did ok for Derby.

By September, back at Chelsea, Mount got his England call.

Similar will happen with Sancho. As soon as he gets a run in the United side, he will be starting for England.

I don’t buy that myself.

I think he has had to wait to get his chance. It’s obvious he should be playing though
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3606 on: October 12, 2021, 10:21:03 PM »
Kane was awful again. Was never worth £150 million, but you could knock at least £100 million off that valuation now.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3607 on: October 13, 2021, 07:15:50 AM »
what a bore fest last night. should have kept the second team
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3608 on: October 13, 2021, 08:51:06 AM »
Kane was awful again. Was never worth £150 million, but you could knock at least £100 million off that valuation now.
He hasn't suddenly turned into a bad player. His domestic situation needs addressing as he clearly isnt happy at Spurs and its affecting his game

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3609 on: October 13, 2021, 10:07:30 AM »
He hasn't suddenly turned into a bad player. His domestic situation needs addressing as he clearly isnt happy at Spurs and its affecting his game
Diddums. He's under contract. He's very well paid. He (presumably) has plenty of friends at Spurs. No reason for him to be unhappy. Greedy and in the huff would be more accurate.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3610 on: October 13, 2021, 10:15:50 AM »
for some reason (possibly since Mourinhio) Kane has got into the habit of dropping deeper and deeper as a game goes on, its not what he is in the team for, at times last night he was playing out on the touchline or where a holding M-f would be.
He should be in the box and attacking the ball, providing a focus for attacks, which Abraham did for his few minutes. Also his 1st touch was appalling last night, the ball kept bouncing away from him, needs to get back to basics at his club IMO.
If he keeps performing like that he will put clubs off paying the massive fees which have been bandied about.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3611 on: October 13, 2021, 10:46:45 AM »
Diddums. He's under contract. He's very well paid. He (presumably) has plenty of friends at Spurs. No reason for him to be unhappy. Greedy and in the huff would be more accurate.

Are you saying money is the resolution to all unhappiness? But then call him greedy for wanting more, which by my understanding of your comment means he would be even happier.

He can be un happy if a club have reneged on an agreed deal to let him leave.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3612 on: October 13, 2021, 11:38:09 AM »
Are you saying money is the resolution to all unhappiness? But then call him greedy for wanting more, which by my understanding of your comment means he would be even happier.

Whatever the reasons, he's clearly not right so we need to try an alternative. Shame there's not much about in terms of English strikers. Shame HRK is Welsh.

Hungary were brilliant though and fully deserved the draw. Won't affect qualification for either team, at the end of the day.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3613 on: October 13, 2021, 12:19:48 PM »
I wouldn't call parking the bus brilliant mate.
We weren't quite up for it, although hard to believe it does happen, even for Sunday league teams, but the point is we didn't lose
Only need 4 points from last 2 now

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3614 on: October 13, 2021, 12:32:49 PM »
Have to say that looking at the group tables a lot of these "matches" are totally worthless and the constant disruption to domestic football is not justifiable.
the only group which looks vaguely competitive all the way down is Frances (bizarrely).

https://www.google.com/search?q=world+cup+qualifying+group+tables&oq=world+cup+qualifying+group+tables&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i512l2j0i10i22i30j0i22i30l2j0i10i22i30j0i22i30l3.11421j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#cobssid=s&sie=lg;/g/11fjy4q670;2;/g/11f766qmsx;st;fp;1;;
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3615 on: October 13, 2021, 12:54:37 PM »
I don’t buy that myself.

I think he has had to wait to get his chance. It’s obvious he should be playing though

What changed between the end of the Euros and the early September internationals? The only thing of note was about three league games for Man City. It’s not like he suddenly stepped up another level, he’s said himself he’s not found is Villa form yet.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:56:09 PM by johnny Cash »

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3616 on: October 13, 2021, 12:57:04 PM »
for some reason (possibly since Mourinhio) Kane has got into the habit of dropping deeper and deeper as a game goes on, its not what he is in the team for, at times last night he was playing out on the touchline or where a holding M-f would be.
He should be in the box and attacking the ball, providing a focus for attacks, which Abraham did for his few minutes. Also his 1st touch was appalling last night, the ball kept bouncing away from him, needs to get back to basics at his club IMO.
If he keeps performing like that he will put clubs off paying the massive fees which have been bandied about.

I agree with this 100%. He is a fantastic goal scorer, we only have to look at the record books for evidence of that. Something is clearly wrong with him and, personally, I do not know who the replacement should be if this run of bad form continues from Kane.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3617 on: October 13, 2021, 01:16:10 PM »
What changed between the end of the Euros and the early September internationals? The only thing of note was about three league games for Man City. It’s not like he suddenly stepped up another level, he’s said himself he’s not found is Villa form yet.

Once he got his chance in the England side, the one he broke into whilst at Villa. Now that he has had his chance and played well he has kept it his spot.

And rightly so

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3618 on: October 13, 2021, 01:45:08 PM »
I can't remember so many "international breaks" when I was younger. There are too many disruptions to club football with all these extra tournaments and qualifiers.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3619 on: October 13, 2021, 01:46:09 PM »
Quote from: tommcneill link=topic=9031.msg821703#msg821703 [b
date=1634118333]
Are you saying money is the resolution to all unhappiness?[/b] But then call him greedy for wanting more, which by my understanding of your comment means he would be even happier.

No, obviously not. I was just pointing out that he has no money worries, he has security, he has friends, he has talent, plenty to be positive about. Now what I was guilty of was assuming that his failed move to Man city is the reason for his unhappiness and drop off in form, but I think it is a reasonable assumption. If that's the case though, then he is being petulant and unprofessional. The move didn't work out, get over it, grow up.
In relation to the club having reneged on a deal to let him leave, there's no evidence that I've seen to support that apart from some speculation in the press. Does he has something in writing? Presumably not. In which case, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3620 on: October 13, 2021, 02:07:37 PM »
I wouldn't call parking the bus brilliant mate.
We weren't quite up for it, although hard to believe it does happen, even for Sunday league teams, but the point is we didn't lose
Only need 4 points from last 2 now
Neither would I, but I don't believe they did. They were very good before the goal and then, understandably, tired / sat back after but, even at 1-1 they had good opportunities. They executed their game plan brilliantly.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3621 on: October 13, 2021, 02:08:33 PM »
No, obviously not. I was just pointing out that he has no money worries, he has security, he has friends, he has talent, plenty to be positive about. Now what I was guilty of was assuming that his failed move to Man city is the reason for his unhappiness and drop off in form, but I think it is a reasonable assumption. If that's the case though, then he is being petulant and unprofessional. The move didn't work out, get over it, grow up.
In relation to the club having reneged on a deal to let him leave, there's no evidence that I've seen to support that apart from some speculation in the press. Does he has something in writing? Presumably not. In which case, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

No wonder he failed to perform last night !
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3622 on: October 13, 2021, 02:16:28 PM »

So he is unhappy? And all the money in the world doesn't necessarily equate to happiness.

Unhappy, not enjoying his season at Spurs so far. Sounds like a player going through some personal problems.

You are judging him through your lens not through his.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3623 on: October 13, 2021, 02:44:59 PM »
So he is unhappy? And all the money in the world doesn't necessarily equate to happiness.

Unhappy, not enjoying his season at Spurs so far. Sounds like a player going through some personal problems.

You are judging him through your lens not through his.
Clearly true, but then so is every other comment on this forum. Earlier you suggested that his loss of form might be unhappiness because Spurs had reneged on a deal to let him leave, now you're suggesting he may have personal problems, neither of which there any evidence for. I am suggesting the reason is because he's a greedy, petulant overpaid footballer with a sense of entitlement, which there is also no evidence for. Both of us are reaching a conclusion based on looking at the situation "through our own lens", better known as an opinion.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3624 on: October 13, 2021, 03:08:51 PM »
Once he got his chance in the England side, the one he broke into whilst at Villa. Now that he has had his chance and played well he has kept it his spot.

And rightly so

He got his chance at Villa and was playing well for England, on a few occasions being our best player, before and during the Euro's. Couldnt keep his spot then. He was even sub sub against Denmark. I know GS said it was tactical, but i dont believe he would do that to Sterling or Rashford.

Playing well representing England whilst at Villa - Couldn't nail down a place. Playing well representing England whilst at Man City -  Seems to have secured a spot. It may be coincidence, but there's an obvious difference and its not that he wasn't playing well for England previously.