Author Topic: Grady Diangana  (Read 283529 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Grady Diangana
« Reply #1825 on: May 18, 2024, 06:20:50 PM »
Im a big fan hes a talent but he let himself, the squad, the manager the fans and me
He should have been hooked at half time

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1826 on: May 18, 2024, 10:38:22 PM »
If he is still with us, I think Diangana will have a strong season for us. He's at a good age and his play since Corberan came to the club has been going in a positive direction.

I quite like him inside as I feel out wide he doesn't contribute enough with goals/assists as he doesn't have a great shot or cross on him. A bit like Sterling when he was at City, it seems he might be effective linking play in between the lines within his dribbling and then being a right place at the right time merchant in the box, he certainly gets into decent positions.

He was woeful last night and although I felt he could have been hooked at half time, it isn't uncommon to give someone 10/15mins of the second half to see if they pick up. Something similar happened away at Milwall but rather than give a goal away, he won us a penalty that day.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1827 on: Yesterday at 01:29:37 AM »
It’s hard to see him as anything other than a colossal disappointment given the fee we paid and the hype that came with him.

I think we’ve all felt there’s a gifted player in there somewhere if only he could put it all together consistently.

He’s 26 now. He won’t.

He’s a typical non-PL standard player. Many years ago Graham Taylor told me the difference between a top level player and those who weren’t was in large measure consistency - the best never drop below 80%; the one who deceives you with the occasional good performance gives you swings from near 100% (when you think he’s a world beater) to 20%.

You can’t rely on players like that - they let you down and they get managers sacked.

That’s Grady. There’ve been a lot of players like him who’ve never been good enough to be a top level player because they flatter to deceive.

And he will never be any different.

You needed Graham Taylor to tell you that?

If he was a sensation every game he would not be with us.

He made a bad error, and wasn't his best yesterday, but he was stifled by the opposition.

If a bid comes in for him I would take the money if it gets some of our outlay back.

I know I've never been labelled as a turnip head long ball merchant, but even this novice knows the stats showed he had one of his best season's last season which helped us to 5th in the first place.

He gets hammered for his no show, whilst Wallace and Swift don't, even though but for 2 great saves in the first game could have seen him as hero instead of a zero now.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1828 on: Yesterday at 09:21:15 AM »
You needed Graham Taylor to tell you that?

If he was a sensation every game he would not be with us.

He made a bad error, and wasn't his best yesterday, but he was stifled by the opposition.

If a bid comes in for him I would take the money if it gets some of our outlay back.

I know I've never been labelled as a turnip head long ball merchant, but even this novice knows the stats showed he had one of his best season's last season which helped us to 5th in the first place.

He gets hammered for his no show, whilst Wallace and Swift don't, even though but for 2 great saves in the first game could have seen him as hero instead of a zero now.

Taylor was making the very important point about not being deceived by flashes of brilliance. Many of us are - including professionals within the game - and then buy into what we think is the potential rather than the actuality.

I’m afraid Grady falls into that category, given the fee and expectation that surrounded his signing.

He’s at his level, which makes him a very expensive Championship player.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1829 on: Yesterday at 12:43:37 PM »
There is no disguising the fact he had an absolute stinker on Friday. Yet through the 2nd half of the season he has been a better option in the 10 role than Swift. He is moving into the last year of his contract personally I'd sell him if there was a market but I don't think there is a club that will match his wages and give us even a smallish fee
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BagAlbion123

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1830 on: Today at 10:31:43 AM »
There is no disguising the fact he had an absolute stinker on Friday. Yet through the 2nd half of the season he has been a better option in the 10 role than Swift. He is moving into the last year of his contract personally I'd sell him if there was a market but I don't think there is a club that will match his wages and give us even a smallish fee

"Better" doesn't necessarily mean good though. He's not good, constantly tries to take too many players on always loses the ball and can't finish his dinner

Seriously he got us out the PO's, missed 2 sitters at home and then gave away their first goal away, had Swift started those games we'd be off to Wembley...

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1831 on: Today at 10:50:41 AM »
Not so sure about the last line of us going to Wembley with Swift in the side, but there is no doubting that Grady had a mare in the play offs and I worry that it will put off any potential suitors from signing him this summer. If we need to bring in a transfer fee, I would have loved to have cashed in on Grady but now it looks unlikely.