Author Topic: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football  (Read 21279 times)

South Yardley Baggie and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkull football
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2024, 05:53:58 PM »
They have big early calls to make, there are so many players out of contract that their futures need addressing. I think some of the kids decisions will be really interesting.

Players out of contract in the summer:

Alex Mowatt, Cedric Kipre, Matt Phillips, Erik Pieters, Ethan Ingram (on loan at Salford), Jovan Malcolm, Adam Reach, Martin Kelly, Kyle Bartley, Nathaniel Chalobah, Yann M'Vila, Reyes Cleary, Ted Cann, Josh Shaw, Reece Hall, Jamie Andrews (on loan at Grimsby), Brad Foster, Aaron Harper-Bailey, Layton Love, Narel Phillips, Fenton Heard and Ruben Shakpoke

Alex Mowatt - keep
Cedric Kipre - keep possibly increase terms
Matt Phillips - not unless he accepts reduced terms i.e. based on the actual weeks he's available on past seasons?
Erik Pieters - no
Ethan Ingram (on loan at Salford) - ? doesn't seem to be pulling up any trees
Jovan Malcolm - no
Martin Kelly - no
Adam Reach, Kyle Bartley, Nathaniel Chalobah - keep if not too expensive.  You may not think these are future EPL players but we're far from the EPL and Financial Fair Play rules means that we have to retain some sort of squad
Yann M'Vila - no idea, will he even make the bench this season?  If he's cheap he could replace one of  Reach or Chalobah
Reyes Cleary -  - see Matt Phillips.  I think he lacks the intensity off the ball to suit CC.
Ted Cann - keep, sell Griffiths
Josh Shaw, Reece Hall, Jamie Andrews (on loan at Grimsby), Brad Foster, Aaron Harper-Bailey, Layton Love, Narel Phillips and Ruben Shakpoke - no idea this is really up to CC and team to judge whether any of them have potential for further, late development 
Fenton Heard  - keep

Dike  - Has he become a distraction?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2024, 06:50:17 PM »
I suspect an American owner will see a USA international as a major marketing opportunity, and do all he can to maximise his support
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2024, 09:05:13 PM »
I don’t know why Dike is thrown in the equation. I can’t see how he can go anywhere. Injured until the end of the year, two years left and probably uninsurable for any new club. We would have to give him away and pay him up

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2024, 09:07:38 PM »
I suspect an American owner will see a USA international as a major marketing opportunity, and do all he can to maximise his support
All well and good if he’s ever fit to play. Which he isn’t. Maybe he has connections with sport related injuries in the U.S.???
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2024, 10:04:56 PM »
I would be busting a gut to keep Kipre and Mowatt, but Phillips' time is surely up.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2024, 10:17:06 PM »
We have another thread for discussing which players should be kept or not. Let's not derail this thread
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2024, 10:23:13 PM »
I wonder what our new owner is thinking after this last week, what are his plans?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2024, 10:42:54 PM »
I wonder what our new owner is thinking after this last week, what are his plans?
I imagine he is thinking that we were lucky to get a point against QPR, that the first half today was awful, and that the second half today was very good, pretty much the same as 98% of the rest of us. As for his plans, mmm, we'll just have to wait and see  ;D

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2024, 11:04:32 PM »
I imagine he is thinking that we were lucky to get a point against QPR, that the first half today was awful, and that the second half today was very good, pretty much the same as 98% of the rest of us. As for his plans, mmm, we'll just have to wait and see  ;D

Sums it up fairly nicely  ;D

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2024, 12:00:52 AM »
Perhsps hes thinking we got 4 points out of 6

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2024, 06:47:21 AM »
There's an hour long interview with him being aired this week on Wednesday, 7pm, Radio BBC WM.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2024, 07:05:20 AM »
Looking forward to that. Would be good to hear his plans for us.

Phase 1 has to be invest in the squad to get us back in the Premier League.

Phase 2 is to establish ourselves there again.

Phase 3 is hopefully a stadium move to 35k-40k capacity which I think we could fill on the Premier League with the team going well and with the right pricing.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2024, 07:38:57 AM »
I doubt I'll be spending an hour glued to BBC Radio WM so any written summaries would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile re the thread title....... it's Bilkul. Or rather it should be.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2024, 08:27:19 AM »
I doubt I'll be spending an hour glued to BBC Radio WM so any written summaries would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile re the thread title....... it's Bilkul. Or rather it should be.
It ought to be changed then to be grammatically correct 👍

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2024, 12:48:43 PM »
12 months ago today we all came together for the love of our football club. Make no mistake, we all played a part in getting us to where we are today. As I’ve said repeatedly, we might have disagreed on the route, but we all wanted the same destination. Thanks to everyone for their incredible support. Always remember clubs belongs to its fans 💙🤍

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2024, 02:57:08 PM »

Phase 3 is hopefully a stadium move to 35k-40k capacity which I think we could fill on the Premier League with the team going well and with the right pricing.

with you on 1 & 2 but not 3 sorry.
Hawthorns expansion yes, moving No!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2024, 05:43:45 AM »
Good interview with Mr Patel on Wm yesterday. It's still available on the BBC. He came across well and seemed a pretty genuine bloke, good communicator, savy and realistic and he gets the club
O Albion we love you

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2024, 07:20:34 AM »
Good interview, came across extremely well... interviewer appeared a little star struck and perhaps could of proved a little deeper.

What took me was how long he's been a fan of football... He's not a man who's taken a blind punt on football (aka Lai). It appears a deep rooted interest with knowledge of the game.

Time will tell but first impressions are good👍.

GunnarGT

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2024, 07:57:31 AM »
Good first impression, but when he revealed that he listens to Iron Maiden, it became a very good first impression :)

Well spoken and reflected. It will be interesting to see what changes he'll implement during the summer.

deebo

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2024, 09:19:51 AM »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2024, 12:47:40 PM »
An interesting man and come across as very genuine. Has pretty much a global perspective, so when he started talking about academies, I wonder if we might see an Albion academy in Africa or wherever.  A co-operation with Bologna may be more likely in the shorter term.   Its good to see him making a real effort to getting to know the about the club's culture and even subscribing to WBATV! Just hope he's not going to over stretch himself with all his interests and projects around the world.

Just as an aside, I wonder why the interview had to be at a 'secret location'. Its not as if it was going to be monitored by MI5 or anyone.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2024, 12:54:46 PM »
I felt that he came across very well. Clearly an intelligent guy who has a track record of running successful businesses. Having listened to him, I feel much less concerned about the fact that he is choosing not to pay off the MSD loan at present. He claimed that there is nothing to be gained by doing so and that it will be dealt with as and when it needs to be.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2024, 01:10:31 PM »
with regards to the loan, much like your own mortgage there will probably be penalties in paying it off early due to the interest that is on it.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2024, 01:40:49 PM »
with regards to the loan, much like your own mortgage there will probably be penalties in paying it off early due to the interest that is on it.

He's renegotiated the interest to more favourable terms for us apparently

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2024, 02:08:17 PM »

We can't move from the Hawthorns it has been home for over 100 years. Expand yes but only after a few issues have been sorted
1 The M5 J1 Island with the A41 In theory the Ground is in a great location right next to the Motorway and on the busy A41 with the Midland Metro down the road and a frequent bus service outside but on Matchdays the M5 is our biggest issue how would this cope with say 30-35K crowds. Unless we ask Sandwell Council and Highways England as a matter of urgency to upgrade J1 but this would cause years of disruption alas J10 which still isn't really finished. You would make the Traffic even worse through Smethwick and Great Barr already.  We could try and ask NX for any spare Preferably Double Decker buses to park outside the Ground  after a match and provide a shuttle to West Brom Town centre. As the 74 is diverted away through Smethwick. We could also ask WMR or the Midland Metro to run Match day Trains or Trams. Train to either Smethwick alight for WCML or Birmingham and Stourbridge/Kidderminster/Worcester non pick up only so stopping but to let people off. Or a Tram from Wednesbury to Birmingham or The Hawthorns to Wednesbury and Birmingham. In theory Wednesbury being the last West Brom fan area anyone like me who lives in Darlaston or Bilston could get the next Tram or walk to the 79.
2) Because of these issues we can't fill our Ground even if we charged £100 Adult Season tickets because people might find getting to the ground is an issue
3) How would we expand you have the Brummie Road and houses to consider unless we tunnel Halfords Lane and part of the Brummie Road over the West Brom bound carriageway.
4) If we were to move where, West Brom doesn't have another Hawthorns peice of land anywhere and if it does it is probably embarked for housing.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country