0 (0%)
Jordan Hugill
0 (0%)
Tom Fellows
13 (48.1%)
Taylor Gardner Hickman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 27 Dec 2021 Derby County 1 Albion 0  (Read 22951 times)

BomberBaggie

• Baby Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #225 on: December 27, 2021, 04:55:48 PM »
Zero desire upfront in this team. That and absolutely no composure. Hugill has to be one of the worst loan signings the club have made. Squad is simply devoid of any quality only have to look at todays line up. We are simply left with players who no one else wants to pay for. We keep giving contracts to players who are offering just enough, i'd rather see youth players coming through instead. Johnstone reminding us he still capable of making bad decisions. Val has to be brave if we are to become more of a threat with chances and goals.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #226 on: December 27, 2021, 04:56:37 PM »
Get rid now, do not give him a penny.

343 till we die and we are dying.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: December 27, 2021, 04:57:04 PM »
Grim grim grim.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #228 on: December 27, 2021, 04:57:05 PM »
Look at the table

Look at the result. And several of them over the past couple of months.

Lara Crofts Butler

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2021, 04:57:16 PM »
Hello All,
First post here, Albion fan of over 30 years, a season ticket holder for most of those.  For me that game ranks as one of the most frustrating I think I have witnessed.

For me Derby are a very poor side, and you can see why even without the points deduction, they are where they are for good reason.  They had no discernible threat going forward at all and struggled to offer anything really with the ball in possession, hence the goal being their first shot on target and subsequently their only for the 90.

We on the other hand, despite being without Grant and Mowatt and as we all know lacking a goal scorer came to this game with a squad of players with far more technical quality and should easily have been able to give a much better account of ourselves.  How wrong I was to think that.

Absolutely nothing came together today whatsoever, every cross barely beat the first man, every set piece despite 2 or 3 I remember in goal scoring areas hit the wall halfway up, each throw in was more or less easily contested.  These are experienced players with enough quality to have been getting those simple things right and today we looked like an amateur pub side barely huffing and puffing. 

Some players out there I would struggle to give better than a 2 out of 10 for their efforts tonight, Reach, Diangana and Robinson to name a few.  It was absolutely pathetic and embarrassing to watch.  Believe it or not, I’m often quite positive as an Albion fan!

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #230 on: December 27, 2021, 04:57:43 PM »
Get Val out of the club now!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #231 on: December 27, 2021, 04:58:04 PM »
I wouldn’t go so far as to say “rubbish.”

But “poor” would be close to the mark for me. I don’t think there’s a good side just bursting to break from the restrictions of a limited manager.

I know others think otherwise but I feel a different manager may also be a disappointment for the same reason.

Too much emphasis on the manager; too little on the quality of the players.
Absolutely agree with this .The majority of the players are getting an easy ride for some very poor performances
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #232 on: December 27, 2021, 04:58:19 PM »
Get out of MY club. Hugill, VI, furlong Livermore. NOW

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: December 27, 2021, 04:58:46 PM »
Fellows looks decent.
Gera, Gera, Gera

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: December 27, 2021, 04:58:55 PM »
Ishmael is tactically naive and for my sanity needs to go, if we played till new year we wouldn’t have scored.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2021, 04:59:06 PM »
Spitting chips.  A goal I would not expect to see at under 10s.  We could not score if we played all afternoon, and when we need to change things we being on Hugill who is never going to change a match.  Tactically naive, clearly poor morale, and we need a managerial change now!  Our goal should have stood, but that is not really the point.  Far too late in bringing on TGH (who looked like making a difference).

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2021, 05:00:02 PM »
Hello All,
First post here, Albion fan of over 30 years, a season ticket holder for most of those.  For me that game ranks as one of the most frustrating I think I have witnessed.

For me Derby are a very poor side, and you can see why even without the points deduction, they are where they are for good reason.  They had no discernible threat going forward at all and struggled to offer anything really with the ball in possession, hence the goal being their first shot on target and subsequently their only for the 90.

We on the other hand, despite being without Grant and Mowatt and as we all know lacking a goal scorer came to this game with a squad of players with far more technical quality and should easily have been able to give a much better account of ourselves.  How wrong I was to think that.

Absolutely nothing came together today whatsoever, every cross barely beat the first man, every set piece despite 2 or 3 I remember in goal scoring areas hit the wall halfway up, each throw in was more or less easily contested.  These are experienced players with enough quality to have been getting those simple things right and today we looked like an amateur pub side barely huffing and puffing. 

Some players out there I would struggle to give better than a 2 out of 10 for their efforts tonight, Reach, Diangana and Robinson to name a few.  It was absolutely pathetic and embarrassing to watch.  Believe it or not, I’m often quite positive as an Albion fan!

Excellent first post and frustration is where it is at the moment because we are so close yet so far all the time lately.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2021, 05:00:17 PM »
Fellows and TGH bright spots in a very poor team

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2021, 05:01:33 PM »
Can we bring Jacko back to comment on the SJ howler please? I need somewhere amusement after watching that

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #239 on: December 27, 2021, 05:01:54 PM »
Hello All,

Agreed, welcome to the forum LCB, but it's a bit like meeting up with someone at a funeral - shame about the circumstances.

I understand what's brought you onto here. Today was as you say, unbelievably frustrating.

Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2021, 05:02:22 PM »
Fellows looks decent.

Which one of him and TGH had red boots on?! They both changed the flow of the game and need to start!

I checked and since November we have scored just 5 goals and failed to score in 5 games. Must be addressed.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2021, 05:02:58 PM »
Which one of him and TGH had red boots on?! They both changed the flow of the game and need to start!

I checked and since November we have scored just 5 goals and failed to score in 5 games. Must be addressed.

No chance with Val in charge.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2021, 05:03:40 PM »
I know I’m in the minority now, but I don’t blame Val

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2021, 05:04:33 PM »
Out of the last 5 matches, we have had 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss. The same as Hull in 19th place.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2021, 05:04:43 PM »

You are in the minority. He has to go

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2021, 05:05:02 PM »
I just don’t get Hugill, can’t score and can’t bring others into the game … a classic example of stopping an academy player getting a chance
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2021, 05:05:43 PM »
20 shots with about 5 on target. Its obvious what the problem is.
Derby wouldn't have scored all night if it wasn't for the moment of slapstick SJ from Toure. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2021, 05:06:05 PM »
And your loyalty to your family is touching 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Lara Crofts Butler

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2021, 05:06:27 PM »
Fellows and TGH bright spots in a very poor team

Yes I did mean to actually add that to my post but couldn't quite bring myself to say anything positive.  He did look good and full of energy, was a breath of fresh air out there.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2021, 05:06:31 PM »
I can't be arsed.