Author Topic: Jayson Molumby  (Read 59141 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Jayson Molumby
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2021, 01:53:50 PM »
As much as we shouldn’t write players off after a few games we should temper the praise, of course we all hope he is the next Bryan Robson but let’s give the kid a chance to settle into the team before we set the bar too high
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2021, 06:06:02 PM »
As much as we shouldn’t write players off after a few games we should temper the praise, of course we all hope he is the next Bryan Robson but let’s give the kid a chance to settle into the team before we set the bar too high

I thought he did ok when he came on. Did well to cover Bartley and I liked that he seemed willing to have a pop at Sunjic when he thought he dived. I didn't see the big difference others seem to have though.

It's a fair bet that we will now start to see more of him though. Possibly a start tomorrow and almost certainly a start after Livermore picks up his next booking.  Decent odds we will see a Mowatt and Molumby pair against Bristol City or Fulham due to a JL booking.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2021, 09:04:59 AM »
I thought he added much needed energy last week. This side has felt very flat for a while now so more of the same would hopefully lift us. He doesn't really change the fact however that we don't have any creative players who can break down defensive sides. Or the fact we don't have a true centre forward of any quality (Hugill is a fading mid Champ level tryer who is ok but not top level).
Boing Boing

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2021, 12:38:09 PM »
I thought he added much needed energy last week. This side has felt very flat for a while now so more of the same would hopefully lift us. He doesn't really change the fact however that we don't have any creative players who can break down defensive sides. Or the fact we don't have a true centre forward of any quality (Hugill is a fading mid Champ level tryer who is ok but not top level).

You have highlighted the two glaring weaknesses in the side. The lack of these is the main reason I am not over critical of the style of play under VI.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2021, 10:10:06 AM »

We don't have any forwards of any real quality. Are any of them as good as

a) Dwight Gayle - No chance
b) Harvey Barnes - Maybe in a parallel universe somewhere
c) Jay Rodriguez - The most debatable but still a clear no for me.

That was our front three only three years ago at the same level.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2021, 04:33:35 PM »
Very impressive first half

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2021, 05:23:22 PM »
Had to leave at 65 minutes but Molumby was superb today, good tackle, lot of energy some intelligent passes to keep the ball. Got to start next game even if Jake is back.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2021, 05:27:14 PM »
Excellent performance. Better technical footballer than Livermore, maybe not as strong defensively but enabled us to push through the lines and upfield a lot quicker than we normally do.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2021, 06:03:49 PM »
Excellent performance. Better technical footballer than Livermore, maybe not as strong defensively but enabled us to push through the lines and upfield a lot quicker than we normally do.

We benefited from having both him and Snodgrass in the midfield, two players that can pass the ball, support each other, get most of their positional play and decision making right. The way forward should be to play Mowatt when fit alongside Molumby and/or Snodgrass. Livermore should be fourth choice.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2021, 06:13:43 PM »
Fair play to Molumby for grabbing the chance when it arrived he has earned the right to start the next game that's what competition is all about.

Dorrans17

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2021, 07:27:29 PM »
This lad would be devastating with 3 in the middle
Baggie

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2021, 07:35:23 PM »
Livermore will be straight back into the team next Saturday - and if Mowatt is fit, he’s dropped.

Thought he was man of the match today. Crisp passing, superb acceleration to get us up the pitch. Set the temp for the whole team performance.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2021, 07:43:59 PM »
Disagree mate, think he's better in every department and MUST start next game. It would be unbelievably harsh on him or Snodgrass should they be dropped.
Defence looked so much better with an option ahead of them. Big decision for the manager, but for me it's an easy one.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2021, 07:46:34 PM »
Disagree mate, think he's better in every department and MUST start next game. It would be unbelievably harsh on him or Snodgrass should they be dropped.
Defence looked so much better with an option ahead of them. Big decision for the manager, but for me it's an easy one.

I'd pick Moloumby myself but got a feeling VI will go Livermore. I would say when all fully fit and firing Livemore is now 4th choice CM but still has a role to play.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2021, 07:56:49 PM »
Very difficult to compare playing against this Bristol side to playing against Fulham . IMO we need 3 of the 4 in there next week otherwise it won’t matter which 2 VI picks Fulham will just pass round and through them
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2021, 08:08:31 PM »
Very difficult to compare playing against this Bristol side to playing against Fulham . IMO we need 3 of the 4 in there next week otherwise it won’t matter which 2 VI picks Fulham will just pass round and through them

you want a 4-3-3 system?    Molumby - Snoddy (till tires / Livermore - Mowatt (if fit)
That's what I would do but I don't think Val will change that much. 
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2021, 08:11:57 PM »
you want a 4-3-3 system?    Molumby - Snoddy (till tires / Livermore - Mowatt (if fit)
That's what I would do but I don't think Val will change that much.
433 or 352 but would definitely put the extra CM in there
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2021, 08:34:44 PM »
If we are going to persist with 2 in middle it should be molumby and mowatt. If molumby isnt fit Livermore. If mowatt isnt fit snodgrass.

Livermore is 4th choice surely. Even if as above we play with in middle the starting 3 are mowatt molumby and snods.

Molumby was excellent today and the upgrade on Livermore we have been after for years
O Albion we love you

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2021, 09:13:17 PM »
Impressed with his energy and you can see he's well suited to the high press, but I actually think Snodgrass has a better pass. For passing the ball into the forwards, I think Mowatt, Snodgrass and Phillips are the best we have.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2021, 05:02:31 PM »
Absolutely excellent. Works hard, tackles well, good on the ball and makes driving runs. A proper box to box midfielder. He'll be dropped immediately for Livermore, but for me he is the best of the four we have.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2021, 05:36:57 PM »
Absolutely excellent. Works hard, tackles well, good on the ball and makes driving runs. A proper box to box midfielder. He'll be dropped immediately for Livermore, but for me he is the best of the four we have.
Got loads of energy, but a bit of a headless chicken. Doesn't seem to have any oversight or see any through passes. Mind, the players in front of him today didn't help. Too many hiding or not making the right type of runs.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2021, 11:11:32 PM »
Got loads of energy, but a bit of a headless chicken. Doesn't seem to have any oversight or see any through passes. Mind, the players in front of him today didn't help. Too many hiding or not making the right type of runs.

He ran down a few blind alleys today but that could be because the movement in front of him was so poor. I thought he had a pretty good game. I wish we could get Mowatt and Molumby together.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2021, 02:11:31 AM »

And hes not even ours...
O Albion we love you

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2021, 07:50:30 AM »
And hes not even ours...

He pretty much is ours I think because it’s loan to permanent I thought?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2021, 08:00:59 AM »
And hes not even ours...

If we go up the first signing will be Molumby and we won’t have even strengthened the squad.