Author Topic: Adam Reach signs  (Read 52065 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Adam Reach signs
« Reply #450 on: January 01, 2024, 07:36:28 PM »
Think he's basically a utility player who is only going to fill in for absentees. I would tend to use Pipa ahead of him. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #451 on: January 01, 2024, 07:47:16 PM »
Nah, but Reach has always been an easy target.
If CC backs him, I’ll back CC’s judgement. But the bully boys on here obviously know better

Bully boys ?? Seriously! I have watched enough football to know that he should be nowhere near the squad that’s my opinion he is absolutely not good enough but I also appreciate we are currently in a mess so have no other options. But to use the term bully boys is not acceptable

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #452 on: January 01, 2024, 07:55:31 PM »
Some of the comments on Adam Reach on here have been way over the top. CC will sort it. Let’s back him to sort it.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #453 on: January 01, 2024, 08:09:49 PM »
There is nothing wrong with bringing Reach on to protect a lead - he's almost the perfect squad player for that. But we certainly will not be launching any kind of comeback when losing.

Yet, with our critical situation with such a lack of options on the wings atm, he is going to have to be used I am afraid.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #454 on: January 01, 2024, 08:37:58 PM »
There is nothing wrong with bringing Reach on to protect a lead - he's almost the perfect squad player for that. But we certainly will not be launching any kind of comeback when losing.

Yet, with our critical situation with such a lack of options on the wings atm, he is going to have to be used I am afraid.

How is almost perfect to protect a lead?

Did he learn how to tackle whilst injured?

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #455 on: January 01, 2024, 09:38:28 PM »
How is almost perfect to protect a lead?

Did he learn how to tackle whilst injured?

Maybe 'almost perfect' is a little much but he ticks the boxes for somebody that you want on the pitch to defend a lead: happy to sit on the bench every game; works hard when he comes on; listens to the manager's instructions. You don't need a brilliant player to come on when winning - just one that will listen to instructions.

Our problem is that we will probably rely on him to change games and, even worse, start games...

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #456 on: January 01, 2024, 11:02:31 PM »
A squad, utility player on big wages. That’s the issue. Don’t blame the player for taking the wages offered and think he is a ok championship player but blame our desperate recruitment setup and poor leadership. I have enough faith in CC to utilise him correctly. We are lucky to have a manager who can get the best out of players.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #457 on: January 01, 2024, 11:52:08 PM »
I'm no fan and would absolutely prefer we'd not signed him and would ship him out on a free if the opportunity presented itself.
But I can't argue with the fact that when he unexpectedly had to come on against Leeds he did a very competent job, did everything we needed to retain that lead and came within inches of scoring a fantastic goal.

He's far from a world beater, but it seems CC has found a role for him and that's good for us.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #458 on: January 13, 2024, 08:26:50 PM »
Apparently CC, is a fan of AR and wants him to get a contract extension.

Can someone please write on a stamp what there is to like.

He bottles challenges and celebrates getting a throw in.

Get Out.

luke.jones1234

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2024, 09:55:54 PM »
Apparently CC, is a fan of AR and wants him to get a contract extension.

Can someone please write on a stamp what there is to like.

He bottles challenges and celebrates getting a throw in.

Get Out.
Made me laugh I’ve clocked how he celebrates throwing me,also how he runs next to his man sticking his arm out without ever actually tackling

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2024, 10:01:38 PM »
I thought he did okay today. Some seem to want to criticise him as a matter of course. I go on what I see. He was ok today.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2024, 11:34:04 PM »
I thought he did okay today. Some seem to want to criticise him as a matter of course. I go on what I see. He was ok today.

Some don't and say it like they see it, and if he had done anything remotely well, I would have praised him.

I said what he did badly and my opinion was not skewed by a 4-1 thrashing.

In a debate you are supposed to counter with something he did that was good or as you put it ok?

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2024, 01:55:43 AM »

He's fine. As I said previously, I'd ship him out if it were possible, but it seems CC has identified his usefulness as a steady hand utility player whilst we're light on bodies and so far this season he's done whats needed and not **** the bed whilst doing so. I'd not really want to see him get an extension, but he's fulfilling a role as it stands.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2024, 08:08:16 AM »
Some don't and say it like they see it, and if he had done anything remotely well, I would have praised him.

In a debate you are supposed to counter with something he did that was good or as you put it ok?
I’ll answer that one, Townsend was a lot less exposed by having someone closer to him that defended deeper rather than being more motivated to go forward .
Reach did a steady job yesterday as he did when he came on against Leeds .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2024, 08:43:33 AM »
If his role was to provide Townsend more support whilst dropping into shape to allow others to go forward then he did well.

He has a role to play and let’s remember there’s 16 average teams in this division so he can be competitive.

Maybe with a run of games we might even see another lever of performance.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2024, 08:52:12 AM »

I don’t want to get into a debate about every detail of his display. I feel his general performance was okay. Some decent passes and lots of hard work off the ball to help the team keep their shape when the opponent had the ball.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2024, 09:08:07 AM »

Sometimes it’s the parts of the machine that you don’t notice that make it work. I think that’s how CC sets them up. It’s only when that player isn’t working that you are drawn to their performance.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #467 on: January 14, 2024, 09:16:36 AM »
I don’t particularly dislike Reach he just isn’t very good.
He will be on significant wages because he came on a free be that wages or with a hefty signing on fee included
So in a time when we need to cut wages at the end of the season he needs to go
It shouldn’t matter he can cover 2 or 3 positions, he covers none of them well
Yes he offers cover for Townsend but covering a poor full back is no reason to be retained
Simple solution to this, we sign a better left back

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #468 on: January 14, 2024, 09:57:15 AM »
It amazes me how certain posters continually pull apart individuals, many of our players are at best average they get to play because we can't afford to replace them with better atm.
I would say I don't believe we have any shirkers in the squad they all give their best and that's all you can ask and expect.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #469 on: January 14, 2024, 10:04:14 AM »
It amazes me how certain posters continually pull apart individuals, many of our players are at best average they get to play because we can't afford to replace them with better atm.
I would say I don't believe we have any shirkers in the squad they all give their best and that's all you can ask and expect.

Yes but at the same time constructive criticism and standards are still necessary. Reach did ok yesterday but it was a very easy game, especially for our attackers so I wouldn't praise anyone too highly yesterday after Blackburn clearly helped us win.

Without sounding too harsh from what I have seen of Pipa he looks like an upgrade in all areas compared to Reach.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #470 on: January 14, 2024, 10:26:08 AM »
Yes but at the same time constructive criticism and standards are still necessary. Reach did ok yesterday but it was a very easy game, especially for our attackers so I wouldn't praise anyone too highly yesterday after Blackburn clearly helped us win.

Without sounding too harsh from what I have seen of Pipa he looks like an upgrade in all areas compared to Reach.
I have no problem with constructive criticism the clue is in the word constructive but just saying things like this bloke is useless  blah blah and then repeating it verbatim every week is boring.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #471 on: January 14, 2024, 06:08:26 PM »
I have no problem with constructive criticism the clue is in the word constructive but just saying things like this bloke is useless  blah blah and then repeating it verbatim every week is boring.

Firstly, I don't criticise AR every week, because thankfully he doesn't play every week.

But, he was playing left wing yesterday, so can you name any occasion where he went past his man or when he put a cross in.

Furthermore, when supporting CT, apart from running back and trying to prevent a forward going past, did he tackle anybody.

In my criticism I gave the example of him bottling it when faced with the on rushing gk, so that was an example of his totally inept performance.

If we have not youth player who can do what he did yesterday on a fraction of his pay packet we may as well revert to the Brentford B team model.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #472 on: January 14, 2024, 06:19:18 PM »
He's a solid Championship player, who could be a useful squad member to have in reserve. But for the wages he's on (if the rumours are true), we should look to be getting rid because he's massively overpaid for what he offers.

He's basically the modern Championship equivalent of signing Craig Gardner or Baird, and you don't make that type of player one of your better paid.

Carlos seems to like his older heads.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #473 on: January 14, 2024, 06:33:28 PM »
Firstly, I don't criticise AR every week, because thankfully he doesn't play every week.

But, he was playing left wing yesterday, so can you name any occasion where he went past his man or when he put a cross in.

Furthermore, when supporting CT, apart from running back and trying to prevent a forward going past, did he tackle anybody.

In my criticism I gave the example of him bottling it when faced with the on rushing gk, so that was an example of his totally inept performance.

If we have not youth player who can do what he did yesterday on a fraction of his pay packet we may as well revert to the Brentford B team model.

Firstly, my comment was general but you recognized being a part of that group so we'll take it from there.
If we had a kid good enough to play then I'm confident enough in CC to think he would play him, CC clearly sees something in Reach that the average fan can not.
I expect Reach to be gone the end of the season if he is on decent wages which one would assume I think we can bring in better and redirect any money saved  into the kitty for  further signings.

saltnshake

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #474 on: January 14, 2024, 06:51:00 PM »

Judging by the reception he got when he was subbed yesterday i think its safe to say the majority of fans watching thought he had an ok game, i thought he played more  left midfield than  left wing and his job was to drop in and help the midfield 2 when we didn't have the ball to make sure we get over-ran, which clearly worked as i thought we played some nice football first half which Reach was involved in, IMO  your last sentence says a lot of what some fans think, he is apparently on a high wage(although nobody actually knows what he earns )which people hold against him, i like others think he does ok when he plays and depending what division we are in might be worth another contract but what i would say is i would definatly trust CC's opinion over yours.