Author Topic: Valérien Ismaël leaves WBA  (Read 464021 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Valérien Ismaël - Head Coach
« Reply #1000 on: October 19, 2021, 09:50:45 AM »
Mr Durham strikes again,  Tony Pulis with Towels lol .Maybe hes a bit tender because of his beloved posh not doing very well

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1100279060?-11200:789

Can't argue with any of that.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1001 on: October 19, 2021, 09:59:04 AM »
Can't argue with any of that.

Really?

'There is no football plan whatsoever with Valerien Ismael'

Weather you love him, hate him, or are somewhere in between, to say he has no plan is just wrong.

Personally, I can't see any comparison between Pulis and Ismael.

Ismael teams go out to try and win games. The style is a proactive, and it's clear we go out with a plan to impose ourselves and our tactics which other teams then try to counter.

Pulis teams are the exact opposite. His teams go out to try not to lose the game, and his tactics are reactive. He allows the opposition to set up how they want and then try's to combat it.

Just to clarify as I'm sure nobody wants this turning in to a Pulis debate, I'm not even talking about whose style is better, more effective or more appealing. Simply that at their core and in the way they set about each match with their approaches you would struggle to find two managers so different based on what I've seen of them both so far.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1002 on: October 19, 2021, 10:20:23 AM »
Mr Durham strikes again,  Tony Pulis with Towels lol .Maybe hes a bit tender because of his beloved posh not doing very well

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1100279060?-11200:789

Reads name, doesn't bother clicking on baity thing.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1003 on: October 19, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »
I'm confused.  From posts to this site, about 8 out of 11 of our team are not fit for purpose; yet at the same time when judging the manager a majority thinks we have one of the strongest sides in this league and promotion should be a formality(!?)

As far as I can see we have a squad of reasonable Championship standard (bar Hugill) and players that work hard.  Ismael's methods get the best out of a squad of this calibre.   I am pleasantly surprised we are 2nd in a league where  Fulham, Bournemouth, Stoke and Sheffield Utd have the sort spending power that we cannot expect from our owner.   VI will need to vary his tactics perhaps after a couple more additions or introductions from the academy.

Saturday's result was possibly lucky as Hogan and Sunjic missed reasonable chances.  On the bright side Molunby looked useful - might collect a few cards though.

If you were an alien dropping into this site, it would be reasonable to assume, from scanning regular posts that.

Our owner is rubbish and only in it for his own evil gains
Our recruitment is appalling (has been since Ashworth left)
Our manager is a one trick pony who has been found out
Our squad is imbalanced and poor (especially compared to Fulham and Sheff Utd.)
Our goalie is rubbish
2 of our CH's are rubbish
At least 1 of our wingbacks is rubbish (which one depends on who you ask)
Our captain is rubbish
At least 2 of our strikers are rubbish
Our bench is rubbish.

Makes you wonder how we are doing so well  8) :D ;D

"Where did it all go wrong George?"  ;)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1004 on: October 19, 2021, 10:23:49 AM »
Pulis and Ismael are poles apart..

One sets up not to lose and defends at all costs

The other one goes out to win, press and bully the opposition.

In no way are they comparable
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1005 on: October 19, 2021, 10:28:56 AM »
Really?

Weather you love him, hate him, or are somewhere in between, to say he has no plan is just wrong.

Ismael teams go out to try and win games. The style is a proactive, and it's clear we go out with a plan to impose ourselves and our tactics which other teams then try to counter.

Pulis teams are the exact opposite. His teams go out to try not to lose the game, and his tactics are reactive. He allows the opposition to set up how they want and then try's to combat it.

Just to clarify as I'm sure nobody wants this turning in to a Pulis debate, I'm not even talking about whose style is better, more effective or more appealing. Simply that at their core and in the way they set about each match with their approaches you would struggle to find two managers so different based on what I've seen of them both so far.

VI is nothing like the capped one style wise, if fact I would say the exact opposite. However Durham does raise some good points. Adder summed our style up yesterday nicely when he called it 'chaos football', because it is. We sit there hoping a bit of football breaks out and we score, and quite often it does.

He also identified my/our biggest fear insofar as this style will never do well in the Premier, but lets get there first and see what our illustrious owner and chairman have up their sleeves.
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1006 on: October 19, 2021, 10:38:31 AM »
Pulis favours the scrum and general set pieces. Valerian's more of a rolling maul kind of guy with a variety of penalty kicks from hand, up and unders and in your face tackles.

In rugby parlance it would be Union versus League. Two games with similarities that have very little in common beyond the shape of the ball. It's football, just not as Durham would like it. Stuff Durham, he's a self absorbed WUM.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 11:08:43 AM by SmethDan »

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1007 on: October 19, 2021, 11:47:36 AM »
Pulis favours the scrum and general set pieces. Valerian's more of a rolling maul kind of guy with a variety of penalty kicks from hand, up and unders and in your face tackles.

In rugby parlance it would be Union versus League. Two games with similarities that have very little in common beyond the shape of the ball. It's football, just not as Durham would like it. Stuff Durham, he's a self absorbed WUM.

Great analogy Smethdan, but as I don't get out much these days, because my carers have lost the key to one of me leg irons, could you clarify WUM please?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1008 on: October 19, 2021, 11:59:32 AM »
Great analogy Smethdan, but as I don't get out much these days, because my carers have lost the key to one of me leg irons, could you clarify WUM please?

Apologies, he's a Wind Up Merchant  ;D .

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1009 on: October 19, 2021, 12:12:42 PM »

Agree on Durham, he cant seriously believe that and if he does then he is wrong plain and simple.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1010 on: October 19, 2021, 12:22:17 PM »
Thanks Smethdan, should have been able to work it out, it was in perfect context, and so very true. Durham just desperate to get responses and trying to be cutting edge. Trouble is all he has shown is his total ignorance of football tactics in general and particularly in WBA. If he cannot see that Pulis and VI are at two opposing ends of the tactical spectrum, then he is totally blind or maybe just a londonchester supporter.   

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1011 on: October 19, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
Bloke's got monocular vision  ;) .

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1012 on: October 19, 2021, 12:30:09 PM »
Apologies, he's a Wind Up Merchant  ;D .

He absolutely is. The amount of people that pay him any attention is frightening.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1013 on: October 19, 2021, 12:34:06 PM »
Really enjoyed the part where he said pulis got us promoted. Durham is a ladies downstairs area, but in fairness part of his job is to be incendary, thats whats gets people talking and calling in etc

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1014 on: October 19, 2021, 12:36:33 PM »
Really enjoyed the part where he said pulis got us promoted. Durham is a ladies downstairs area, but in fairness part of his job is to be incendary, thats whats gets people talking and calling in etc
Exactly. Can we stop talking about him now?

Damn it, I've only gone and joined in.  >:(

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1015 on: October 19, 2021, 12:50:14 PM »
Really?

This is so true Jeff.
Cant really add much except to say that I can agree that sometimes we are not a pretty sight! But for sure VI sets out to win games whereas the other guy simply did not.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1016 on: October 19, 2021, 01:28:14 PM »
I think we’re getting to the point with the likes of Durham that if you have an opinion even remotely inline with his then you should be worried. He’s a hack whose career revolves around taking the dumbest possible position and tricking people into paying him to have an argument.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1017 on: October 19, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »
I think we’re getting to the point with the likes of Durham that if you have an opinion even remotely inline with his then you should be worried. He’s a hack whose career revolves around taking the dumbest possible position and tricking people into paying him to have an argument.

I think Valball goes over his head chap  ;D .

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1018 on: October 19, 2021, 01:44:47 PM »
I think Valball goes over his head chap  ;D .
Goes over most players heads for sure,  INCOMING !!!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1019 on: October 19, 2021, 02:10:51 PM »
I think some people need to understand how talk radio works. The host says something reactive, people phone in at a cost and thats how they make money.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1020 on: October 19, 2021, 05:16:30 PM »
I never listen to talk carp
It's drivel they're only interested in the top 6 and London and their mates and the people they have on it live in the past

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1021 on: October 20, 2021, 09:28:26 PM »
Just please leave

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1022 on: October 20, 2021, 09:31:07 PM »
Just please leave

I don't think you've thought that through!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1023 on: October 20, 2021, 09:33:18 PM »
It doesn’t bode well at all at the moment.

The press is great when we do it’, and despite conceding two tonight I don’t think the problem is off the ball. Our problems are on it. If we do better with the ball you automatically solve some of the defensive issues.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1024 on: October 20, 2021, 09:33:33 PM »
I said it when he arrived having seen Barnsley , the football is dire the majority of the time .
Lumping it , hoofing , long ball ....call it what you like.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.