1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 446710 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #750 on: May 22, 2021, 11:31:31 PM »
Assuming that Nixon is right which is possible because a stopped clock is right twice a day. If we are offering £25k a week it is probably going to be one of the better wages being paid to a manager in in the Championship I am fairly certain only Scot Parker will be earning significantly more.

I suspect it probably rules Lampard out and if any coach we approach thinks they have a reasonable prospect of a Premier League role then they might be well advised to hold out for the money. All of which fine by me.

I hope Nixon is right and we "miss out on Wilder". We used to have a bilingual intelligent progressive coach who commanded the respect of the team and earned promotion from the championship. Shame on the board and all the fans who cheered on replacing him.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #751 on: May 22, 2021, 11:35:43 PM »
I hope Nixon is right and we "miss out on Wilder". We used to have a bilingual intelligent progressive coach who commanded the respect of the team and earned promotion from the championship. Shame on the board and all the fans who cheered on replacing him.

Who couldn't work cohesively within the hierarchy at the club and allowed the squad fitness to tank and couldn't pick a decent centre midfielder out of a line up...

Shame on him.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #752 on: May 22, 2021, 11:37:06 PM »
Get a grip that's the worst albion team for fitness and fight I've seen.. Complete bottle jobs we were lucky to get out of the championship with bilic

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #753 on: May 22, 2021, 11:45:29 PM »
What's bilingual and intelligent got to do with getting a team fit keeping them fit and getting them to perform? We stumbled across the line to promotion and if Brentford hadn't have bottled it they would have gone up instead. He wasn't clever enough to get a defensive midfielder or a decent striker or a decent centre half we could have had Tonie but got Grant! I could go on and on.

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #754 on: May 23, 2021, 12:02:50 AM »
Be very curious to know who he thinks in the Prem would employ him.
Newcastle maybe. Bruce isn't exactly secure there.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #755 on: May 23, 2021, 06:34:02 AM »
What's bilingual and intelligent got to do with getting a team fit keeping them fit and getting them to perform? We stumbled across the line to promotion and if Brentford hadn't have bottled it they would have gone up instead. He wasn't clever enough to get a defensive midfielder or a decent striker or a decent centre half we could have had Tonie but got Grant! I could go on and on.

I agree not signing Toney was a massive own goal.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #756 on: May 23, 2021, 06:37:32 AM »
Dyche to Palace - Wilder to Burnley perhaps ? . Think Newcastle will stick with Bruce until they are sold. I still think we will go for a left field appointment someone like Marco Silva or Alex Neil. We do have form in the past for doing this . Remember Alan Irvine. :-X :D
BOING BOING

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #757 on: May 23, 2021, 08:00:07 AM »
Dyche to Palace - Wilder to Burnley perhaps ? . Think Newcastle will stick with Bruce until they are sold. I still think we will go for a left field appointment someone like Marco Silva or Alex Neil. We do have form in the past for doing this . Remember Alan Irvine. :-X :D

I can see it been Neil also we’ve been linked in the past & got Norwich promoted a few years ago.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #758 on: May 23, 2021, 08:36:42 AM »
I can see it been Neil also we’ve been linked in the past & got Norwich promoted a few years ago.

If it's alex Neil I'm done with this unambitious crock of ****.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 10:55:19 AM by LiamTheBaggie »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #759 on: May 23, 2021, 08:59:56 AM »
If it's alex Neil I'm done with this unambitious crock of s**t.

Know how you feel, I said it yesterday, we will call this the wilderness years......

Cannot help but think that this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better

How not to run a football club.
MAGA!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #760 on: May 23, 2021, 09:16:13 AM »
This is key and seems to being ignored by many. He was on £4m per annum at Sheffield. Unless he softens demands he won’t come here!

I don’t want Wilder, but where has the suggestion of a £4m per annum contract come from?  I just cannot imagine Sheffield United put him on that.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #761 on: May 23, 2021, 09:20:36 AM »
I don’t want Wilder, but where has the suggestion of a £4m per annum contract come from?  I just cannot imagine Sheffield United put him on that.

It’s not a suggestion. Saw a lengthy and very interesting interview with their owner. He said it very clearly. He also mentioned that he (Wilder) was given a stake in the club.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #762 on: May 23, 2021, 09:23:09 AM »
Know how you feel, I said it yesterday, we will call this the wilderness years......

Cannot help but think that this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better

People can call people like us unloyal all they want I couldn't give a rats backside. I'm sick of seeing sides around us grow and use the over seas market and go for out of the box manager appointments. If we go for Wilder or Neil it will be a very British side signed on loans and very very cheap fees. I've had enough. We have a clown of a board who know nothing about the game.

Lai - Where is he? Is he even the owner. Questions raised on the liquidator podcast certainly point towards him not being the owner.

Ken - Just what does this guy do?! Is he just a middle man between the club and the owner? What does he do?!

Mark Miles - This idiot banned the liquidator because it was to sensitive for sensitive souls and their poor little ears. Also failed in numerous other objectives such as trying to get safe standing installed in a certain area of the ground.

Luke Dowling - Forest were on the verge of getting rid of him when we came running to the rescue. They couldn't believe their luck. Blokes a clown. Someone shared a summary of his transfer business with us and there's about 4 out of 25 if I remember one of which is repeat business (Perreria) he didn't even recommend the successful ones such as Yokusulu, Diangana and MP.

Circus of a club and I'm sick of it.

Sack the lot of them they are a disgrace and taking us backwards. Ever since the Chinese lot came through the door we have gone backwards. Absolute shambles and a joke.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #763 on: May 23, 2021, 09:37:15 AM »
It’s not a suggestion. Saw a lengthy and very interesting interview with their owner. He said it very clearly. He also mentioned that he (Wilder) was given a stake in the club.

That was madness from SU if true to put a manager on that after surviving for one season.  Most championship managers I believe are on less than £1m per annum. League one is (where wilder started with SU) around £250k!

It’s also typical in football for some severance to be paid back if they take another job within a certain time, normally 12 months. So Wilder mat not be ‘free’ after all if they’ve given him large sums on leaving.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #764 on: May 23, 2021, 10:11:05 AM »
It's going to be interesting to see how Swansea/ Brentford turns out.

I think we could do a lot worse than Cooper.

Though as Baggie 38 points out we really are a circus of a club!!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #765 on: May 23, 2021, 10:12:59 AM »
With little interest from owner it looks like the same formula will be used to get us promoted within two seasons. Coach will be appointed who is currently out of work(no compo), player's will be sold to finance new coaches transfer targets (Pereira and Johnstone gone) quota from loan market will be filled.  Dowling will waste millions on has beens. If new regime are failing they will be quickly terminated and temporary appointments will be found within club(Morrison and Brunt double act). And the cycle will continue.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:16:10 AM by paulosull »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #766 on: May 23, 2021, 10:27:23 AM »

With the dire duo of Dowling and Lai, I can only agree with you.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #767 on: May 23, 2021, 10:34:14 AM »

Are you talking about Bilic by any chance?  Perhaps you meant Hodgson who was multi-lingual.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #768 on: May 23, 2021, 10:38:33 AM »
Reports regarding Wilder who appears to be our no one target have hit the buffers, he seems to be waiting for prem job.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #769 on: May 23, 2021, 10:42:41 AM »
I see Jokanovic has been mentioned again today. I think he’d be a sound appointment.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #770 on: May 23, 2021, 10:43:51 AM »
I see Jokanovic has been mentioned again today. I think he’d be a sound appointment.

Definitely one of the better candidates. I don't really want Alex O'Neil. I still think it's inevitable that Wilder gets it.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #771 on: May 23, 2021, 10:46:49 AM »
Reports regarding Wilder who appears to be our no one target have hit the buffers, he seems to be waiting for prem job.

Oh well can't say I'm bothered. That appointment just doesn't excite me in the slightest. The stuff that's come out about him behind the scenes at Sheffield aren't good at all. I'd rather have a young upcoming coach with a point to prove such as Appleton.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #772 on: May 23, 2021, 10:47:09 AM »
Didn't he want massive wages last time ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #773 on: May 23, 2021, 10:48:28 AM »
People can call people like us unloyal all they want I couldn't give a rats backside. I'm sick of seeing sides around us grow and use the over seas market and go for out of the box manager appointments. If we go for Wilder or Neil it will be a very British side signed on loans and very very cheap fees. I've had enough. We have a clown of a board who know nothing about the game.

Lai - Where is he? Is he even the owner. Questions raised on the liquidator podcast certainly point towards him not being the owner.

Ken - Just what does this guy do?! Is he just a middle man between the club and the owner? What does he do?!

Mark Miles - This idiot banned the liquidator because it was to sensitive for sensitive souls and their poor little ears. Also failed in numerous other objectives such as trying to get safe standing installed in a certain area of the ground.

Luke Dowling - Forest were on the verge of getting rid of him when we came running to the rescue. They couldn't believe their luck. Blokes a clown. Someone shared a summary of his transfer business with us and there's about 4 out of 25 if I remember one of which is repeat business (Perreria) he didn't even recommend the successful ones such as Yokusulu, Diangana and MP.

Circus of a club and I'm sick of it.

Sack the lot of them they are a disgrace and taking us backwards. Ever since the Chinese lot came through the door we have gone backwards. Absolute shambles and a joke.
Brilliant post 38 , nail on the head for me .
Absolute joke this lot as much as it pains me to type that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #774 on: May 23, 2021, 10:50:24 AM »
Didn't he want massive wages last time ?

Not sure. Just looked and he is currently managing in Qatar. His record is pretty impressive.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club