1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 446647 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #3150 on: June 15, 2021, 03:26:38 PM »
Dowling leaving won’t make it any easier to get a foreign coach as almost certainly it will have to come from the well worn list that are currently not working with the rules regarding employment being what they now are . As for the domestic market yes we will be looking more like a basket case by the day I just wonder if it may broaden the market in as much as recognising that highly rated coaches won’t fancy it and they may have to look at less experienced but keen to make a mark types

Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3151 on: June 15, 2021, 03:30:12 PM »
I wonder if Steven Reid would fancy a crack at the job? Is he currently one of Clarke's coaches with Scotland?

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3152 on: June 15, 2021, 03:41:38 PM »
That’s exactly the type I think we should be looking at

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3153 on: June 15, 2021, 03:45:18 PM »
I wonder if Steven Reid would fancy a crack at the job? Is he currently one of Clarke's coaches with Scotland?
Or maybe Richard Sneekes might fancy it, he's Assistant Manager at Redditch Utd. I'm sure that, after a week of hard negotations, a compensation deal could be agreed.  ;)

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3154 on: June 15, 2021, 03:55:44 PM »
No rush Albion ,but the clock is ticking

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3155 on: June 15, 2021, 04:09:51 PM »
Why would we want to employ Richard Sneekes or Steven Reid as manager, you wouldn't employ a rookie fly attendant with no experience to pilot a commercial jet, you'd hire a qualified commercial pilot. Whilst highly alarming to see the club falling to pieces it is at least entertaining in the short term to see us being run like the real life Harchester United.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3156 on: June 15, 2021, 04:10:18 PM »
I can absolutely see Pulis coming back. He is well liked by the board and I'm sorry but I don't get the massive hatred our fan base seems to have for him
 Yes his football isn't pretty and really divides but people need to remember where we were before he took over. We were in a mess and heading for relegation under Alan Irvine. We had players such as Sebastian Blanco, Jason Davidson, Sebastian Varela, Brown Ideye and Samaras amongst our squad. He came in stabalised the club and pushed us on. Yes he should of been let go at the end of his final full season but that's not down to him that's down to the club for not seeing it at the time but hindsight is a wonderful thing. He attracted big named players such as Jonny Evans one of the best center backs this club has seen in modern history. Rondon who was a high profile signing from overseas and Darren fletcher big name from Manchester United who was a fantastic leader for us and we still haven't replaced that leadership. Pulis is someone you bring in when you need a calm head and someone to round up the troops and that's exactly what we need now. I must say I find it amazing how many people I'm seeing on social media are saying "I'll go to Walsall or Kidderminster if he comes back" they are so willing to give up their season tickets if TP returns but are still willing to go with the current unambitious lot on the board running the show. Honestly one of the most puzzling fan bases going.

Don't recall him doing much of worth in his subsequent jobs at Middlesborogh and Sheff W. If he came back then I will totally give up with this club.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3157 on: June 15, 2021, 04:12:48 PM »
Don't recall him doing much of worth in his subsequent jobs at Middlesborogh and Sheff W. If he came back then I will totally give up with this club.

He did plenty at Sheff Wed. He stuck the nails in the coffin.

One win ten.

The man is a dinosaur and should never grace The Hawthorns again.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Manc Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3158 on: June 15, 2021, 04:26:33 PM »
The idea of Pulisball 2.0-The Sequel, is a thoroughly miserable prospect & a massive NO THANKS from me.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3159 on: June 15, 2021, 04:29:08 PM »
The idea of Pulisball 2.0-The Sequel, is a thoroughly miserable prospect & a massive NO THANKS from me.

Agreed and the post from bangkokbaggie suggesting Pulis is liked by the board appears to be without any foundation. The only people left on our board are Li Piyue who is a ghost, Xu Ke who runs the club but has no business or football background and Mark Miles who is in charge of the ticket office and PA system.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3160 on: June 15, 2021, 04:37:21 PM »
Why would we want to employ Richard Sneekes or Steven Reid as manager, you wouldn't employ a rookie fly attendant with no experience to pilot a commercial jet, you'd hire a qualified commercial pilot. Whilst highly alarming to see the club falling to pieces it is at least entertaining in the short term to see us being run like the real life Harchester United.
Every manager has to start somewhere so why not somebody like Reid with us . He has done time as assistant is well enough thought off to be working at international level. By your reasoning we probably wouldn’t have appointed Atkinson and they didn’t work out to bad certainly not in terms of talent and watchability

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3161 on: June 15, 2021, 04:39:41 PM »
Facebook is alive with stories of Tony Pulis coming back. By all account he is an 18/1 shot with Sky Bet.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Manc Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3162 on: June 15, 2021, 04:40:19 PM »
Pulisball created the biggest disconnect between the club & fans since Bobby Gould.
It would show unbelievable contempt from the Board to the fans if he was brought back.
In any case, I don't think we have had any great success with former Managers returning since Big Ron & I don't recall that being particularly good either.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3163 on: June 15, 2021, 04:40:56 PM »
Or maybe Richard Sneekes might fancy it, he's Assistant Manager at Redditch Utd. I'm sure that, after a week of hard negotations, a compensation deal could be agreed.  ;)

Hang on WorcsWBA, I'm only 5 minutes from the V Trico Stadium, I'll pop down and see if he's interested  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3164 on: June 15, 2021, 04:42:10 PM »
Apparently Alan Nixon of The S*n says we're NOT in touch with Tony Pulis regarding him returning.

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1404763259048189958
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3165 on: June 15, 2021, 04:45:45 PM »
Every manager has to start somewhere so why not somebody like Reid with us . He has done time as assistant is well enough thought off to be working at international level. By your reasoning we probably wouldn’t have appointed Atkinson and they didn’t work out to bad certainly not in terms of talent and watchability

Agreed but you don't make a rookie manager of the West Bromwich Albion football club heading into one of the most important seasons in recent history while the club is in utter chaos. It would be madness.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3166 on: June 15, 2021, 04:46:33 PM »
Apparently Alan Nixon of The S*n says we're NOT in touch with Tony Pulis regarding him returning.

I never believed we were. Although I suspect we are not yet in touch with anybody else either.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3167 on: June 15, 2021, 04:52:44 PM »
Tony Pulis constantly referred to them as the Chinese..

He hates them more than we do.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3168 on: June 15, 2021, 04:55:27 PM »

I usually ignore everything he says however today I will choose to take his word as gospel for my own sanity!

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3169 on: June 15, 2021, 05:33:28 PM »
Let’s get things straight, there will be no long term plan only to get us in the prem and sell us as quick as possible.
I can see us with no DOF or whatever they call that position, this will definitely appeal to big Sam and his kind.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3170 on: June 15, 2021, 05:43:15 PM »
We can't afford to go back to TP. It would break the link between club and fans beyond repair.

Break the link between the owner(s) and the fans beyond repair, Jacko.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3171 on: June 15, 2021, 05:44:17 PM »
Whoever started this Pulis rumour should go and stand in the naughty corner.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3172 on: June 15, 2021, 05:45:25 PM »

He said "at this point", so isn't ruling it out. It should be noted that Pulis has only achieved promotion from the Championship once (Stoke) in his 28 year managerial career, and that was 13 years ago.

The only other promotion he's achieved was Gillingham from the old Third Division in 1995-96. His Gillingham side were promoted despite only scoring 49 goals in 46 games.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3173 on: June 15, 2021, 05:52:25 PM »
Why keep looking back all the time?
Pulis is horrible histories

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3174 on: June 15, 2021, 06:01:09 PM »
Why keep looking back all the time?
Pulis is horrible histories
Because plenty of us don't want history to repeat itself when it comes to Pulis.