1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 173493 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #3000 on: June 14, 2021, 07:42:17 PM »
Sandbanks = Harry?
I wouldn't mind him

Redknapp?

I’d rather have McInnes
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3001 on: June 14, 2021, 07:51:01 PM »
Redknapp?

I’d rather have McInnes

Sounds like you’re warming to Dekka aren’t you Liam  ;D

Smethwickender93

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3002 on: June 14, 2021, 07:51:37 PM »
Big Dave anyone?

OhBilics

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3003 on: June 14, 2021, 07:51:44 PM »
Redknapp?

I’d rather have McInnes
He hates us doesn't he (HR, not McInnes)? I've got a little list of football people who seem to hate Albion, and if I'd ever written it down anywhere I'm pretty sure he'd be on it.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3004 on: June 14, 2021, 07:51:56 PM »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3005 on: June 14, 2021, 07:52:36 PM »
Sounds like you’re warming to Dekka aren’t you Liam  ;D

Like a turkey warms to Christmas  :D

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3006 on: June 14, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »
Big Dave anyone?

Yes now he doesn't have Graeme Jones with him.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3007 on: June 14, 2021, 07:53:04 PM »
Sandbanks = Harry?
I wouldn't mind him

I'd sooner have piles
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3008 on: June 14, 2021, 07:58:21 PM »
I'd sooner have piles
you wouldn't mate trust me!! 🫒

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3009 on: June 14, 2021, 08:04:28 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/club-update-head-coach-search

West Bromwich Albion Chief Executive Xu Ke has today released a statement addressing the club’s vacant head coach position, the forthcoming sale of early bird season tickets and the departure of Sporting and Technical Director Luke Dowling.

He said: “I would like to thank supporters for their patience during what has been a frustrating period for us all. Like all fans, I understand having a vacant head coach position can lead to uncertainty, but this is not a simple search, and we must appoint the correct person, who shares our passion for the future of the football club.

“Our aim remains the same - to earn promotion back to the Premier League as soon as possible. We will have a healthy budget in order to succeed in the Championship and, with the right person as our head coach, I believe we will have a strong opportunity to be promoted. As we all know, the Championship is a relentless, difficult league, but we have succeeded there before, and I am hopeful we can do so again.

“While we have not yet formally offered the job to any candidate, it is fair to state we have faced setbacks and, with that in mind, I do not think it is wise to set a precise deadline by which an appointment will be made. As I have referenced already, the quality of our next head coach is of far greater importance than how soon they can be appointed. We are working tirelessly behind the scenes to identify the right person and we will share this with you as soon as an appointment has been made.

“You will now be aware that earlier today we parted company with Sporting and Technical Director Luke Dowling by mutual consent. I would like to thank Luke for his work behind the scenes at The Hawthorns during his three years with us. Luke’s departure provides us with an opportunity to reassess how our football operation functions and I will provide a further update on this subject in due course. 

“I had wanted to appoint a new head coach before going on sale with season tickets. Out of respect to supporters I thought we should not begin that process until an appointment had been made but, unfortunately, we can wait no longer. In order to provide supporters with a fair opportunity to purchase a season ticket we will go on sale on Wednesday, with an early bird offering that will run until 5pm on Wednesday, July 7 - allowing supporters three weeks to purchase a ticket at the early bird price for next season. It is not a perfect scenario and I would like to once more thank supporters for their patience.

“I very much look forward to seeing supporters at The Hawthorns next season, driving our team forward with an unrivalled atmosphere that can only assist us in achieving our goal.” 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 08:38:02 PM by OldburyWBA »

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3010 on: June 14, 2021, 08:06:51 PM »
As other posters alluded to earlier the statement was all about selling season tickets.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3011 on: June 14, 2021, 08:06:57 PM »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3012 on: June 14, 2021, 08:08:36 PM »
The expected damp squib saying absolutely nothing.

Shambles of a statement. Faulty towers in full flow. Basically, we are making it up as we go along.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3013 on: June 14, 2021, 08:09:06 PM »
Perfectly reasonable statement, with numerous other clubs ST sales well under way.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't springs to mind.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3014 on: June 14, 2021, 08:09:26 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/club-update-head-coach-search

Seems fair to me. I’d have been more concerned had he trying to bull **** us all. He’s acknowledged a breakdown in our process and is going back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 08:32:03 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3015 on: June 14, 2021, 08:10:48 PM »
 As I have referenced already, the quality of our next head coach is of far greater importance than how soon they can be appointed.

The one line that I'm pleased to read. There's no point making a quick appointment if its the wrong one.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3016 on: June 14, 2021, 08:12:33 PM »
Looks like we’re starting the search again. I just don’t understand who’s fronting it. Hopefully not Terraneo!

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3017 on: June 14, 2021, 08:12:36 PM »
I'm wondering if Lai has got good odds on us being relegated and has put a couple of million on. Maybe that's how he intends getting his money back!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3018 on: June 14, 2021, 08:12:51 PM »
As I have referenced already, the quality of our next head coach is of far greater importance than how soon they can be appointed.

The one line that I'm pleased to read. There's no point making a quick appointment if its the wrong one.

100% with you on this, must get this right.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3019 on: June 14, 2021, 08:13:00 PM »
Blimey. I’m offline for a couple of days and it falls to bits.

We’ll all I can say is I’m going to have a tenner on Albion getting relegated next season.

We are a mess!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3020 on: June 14, 2021, 08:14:47 PM »
Well, Wilder didn't want a Director of Football to work with, sounds like we're restructuring and now it's a system he could work in. In the mess that is West Brom I wouldn't be surprised to see that the reason Dowling is gone ends up actually joining us and it being what Dowling wanted!

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3021 on: June 14, 2021, 08:16:22 PM »
Perfectly reasonable statement, with numerous other clubs ST sales well under way.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't springs to mind.
Not at all. You don't need the head guy to be rolled out in order to make a statement about season tickets.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3022 on: June 14, 2021, 08:18:33 PM »
Not at all. You don't need the head guy to be rolled out in order to make a statement about season tickets.

It isn't about season tickets.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

loucanova

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3023 on: June 14, 2021, 08:19:12 PM »
The club is a complete and utter shambles at this time and a total embarrassment. No one at the club is fit for purpose to run it, there is clearly no plan, no strategy, it’s one knee jerk reaction after another, what manager would want to walk into this complete mess and it’s likely only to get worse. The most depressing of times.
What manager would want to walk into this complete mess and what does this chief executive Ke know about football/players and running a club, I fear the worst. Jenkins clearly saw all the problems and wanted nothing more to do with them and ‘yes’ we know Dowling was pretty damn useless but even he must have been very frustrated at times working under the Lai regime. So now we have no one steering this ever leaking ship and no one is even bailing out the water. You know the mess your club is in when a manager would rather stay at a Lincoln than come to us but he’s made the right decision I’m sure as he knows that under this regime he’d probably be out of the job this time next year if he took it on.

baggies_24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3024 on: June 14, 2021, 08:21:52 PM »
This feels like the start of some bleak years at the club. I’m no fan of Dowling but clearly the plan was to keep him on if they were going to get rid of him the’d have done it at the end of the season. None of the decision makers at the club have any idea on footballing matters this was clear when Lai decided to hire Terrano off the back of an agents recommendation who by all accounts was an absolute disaster (another decision in a long line of decisions taken by Lai that he’s got badly wrong).