Poll

How do you rate our chances of survival under Allardyce?

Better than under Bilic
Worse than under Bilic
About the same

Author Topic: Chances of survival  (Read 54235 times)

SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie

Re: Chances of survival
« Reply #925 on: April 25, 2021, 09:37:39 PM »
Now that we are effectively down we must hope the club has firm plans behind the scenes to get it right next season - and is ready to act on them.

We came up with a hopelessly unbalanced and inadequate team with holes in every single department. We must make sure we are much more EPL ready - IF we get back quickly. And that is a big IF.

A decision now needs to be made by the club and Allardyce about his future. I’d much prefer him to stay, not least because it would mean he felt we were ambitious to return. His departure would suggest we’re not.

And that should send a cold chill through every fan’s blood, whether they like Allardyce or not, because that implies a potentially long, chilly spell out of the elite.

I also believe Allardyce would build us a team that could compete at this level, which Bilic certainly didn’t - despite his four month hot streak in the Autumn of 2019. After that it was mostly grim throughout his tenure.

But whatever the club does decisions now need to be made. They need to start being made right now.

I admire your optimism :) the challenging part was “I hope the club have firm plans behind the scenes for next season“. I assume a bunch of loan signings will come in close to deadline day :) Our best players bar Periera don’t belong to us...

ttree30

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #926 on: April 25, 2021, 09:41:37 PM »
We need to win 4 out of 5 to stand a chance.

Reality check:

No on both counts. Please stop.

4 out of 5 still wouldn’t give us a chance. It’s going to be more than 37 points for 4th from bottom this season. And that’s before you even look at GD. Ours is appalling.

But the killer stat is we’ve won five all season. That’s five out of 33 - we’ve failed to win 28 of our 33 games. Think about it.

It’s a pathetic win percentage of 15%, or roughly one win in every seven.

How much more evidence is needed? ☹️

ttree30

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #927 on: April 25, 2021, 09:43:37 PM »
I admire your optimism :) the challenging part was “I hope the club have firm plans behind the scenes for next season“. I assume a bunch of loan signings will come in close to deadline day :) Our best players bar Periera don’t belong to us...

You’re right.

And I’m not optimistic. I’m fearful.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #928 on: April 25, 2021, 09:44:03 PM »
Even I will admit we are done now but I’m not that bothered, we’ll be better off come August
Keep Allardyce, sell Johnstone and replace Yokuslu as good as we can and we’ll be fine.
Hope Matty stays but virtually impossible now.
Let Villa and Wolves fight relegation next year
Roll on August
Roll on August

wbasoprano

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #929 on: April 25, 2021, 09:46:58 PM »
I merely answered a question.

I know, wasn't having a go. 5 wins might not even be enough now with the way things have gone. As I said I just want to avoid defeat next week, then we plan for next season.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #930 on: April 25, 2021, 10:06:47 PM »
Reality check:

No on both counts. Please stop.

4 out of 5 still wouldn’t give us a chance. It’s going to be more than 37 points for 4th from bottom this season. And that’s before you even look at GD. Ours is appalling.

But the killer stat is we’ve won five all season. That’s five out of 33 - we’ve failed to win 28 of our 33 games. Think about it.

It’s a pathetic win percentage of 15%, or roughly one win in every seven.

How much more evidence is needed? ☹️

4 wins (37 points) gives us a tiny chance.  38 a more realistic one. There is no guarantee that all of the other teams just above us are going to get to 38.

But I won't be risking any money on it.  2 extra points tonight and a win v Wolves next week and I'd have started to fancy it with 30 points and 4 games left.

I said a month ago that I think we will fall 3 points short and I don't think that will far out. 

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #931 on: April 25, 2021, 10:09:35 PM »
Beat the Dingles and liverscum and if possible get above Fulham as we need all the money we can get

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #932 on: April 25, 2021, 10:11:37 PM »
Beat the Dingles and liverscum and if possible get above Fulham as we need all the money we can get

We are going to need every penny we can get to make up for the deficit of football knowledge within those in charge at board room level.

Is it a million for every place or something like that?

AbbeymeadBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #933 on: April 25, 2021, 10:11:46 PM »
We make plenty of chances going forward but are still too open at the back.
Brighton have a tough run in, ours is not easy, winning 4 of them will be really hard. Until it is mathematical... Hope

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #934 on: April 25, 2021, 11:28:21 PM »
After tonight, sadly I have to throw the towel in.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #935 on: April 25, 2021, 11:31:50 PM »
Do we want to stay in the greed league and fight for survival all the time, or do we want to play football and be up at the top reaches of the Championship?
With what has happened this week and the top bullies wanting to create a new system, it is more attractive to ignore them.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #936 on: April 25, 2021, 11:37:00 PM »
Do we want to stay in the greed league and fight for survival all the time, or do we want to play football and be up at the top reaches of the Championship?
With what has happened this week and the top bullies wanting to create a new system, it is more attractive to ignore them.
if we want to see the likes of Pereira in the stripes then yes if not then we can't moan when Livermore and Sawyers are our midfield next season.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #937 on: April 25, 2021, 11:37:43 PM »
if we want to see the likes of Pereira in the stripes then yes if not then we can't moan when Livermore and Sawyers are our midfield next season.

Oh god I'd forgotten all about them pair.

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #938 on: April 26, 2021, 06:14:23 AM »

No guarantee we will always be up at the top reaches. We’ve been fortunate to not finish below the playoff places in 20 years, but it’s not impossible. Imagine how dire a 15th place finish or something in the championship would be as has happened to other clubs.