West Bromwich Albion FC Forums > West Bromwich Albion FC

Karlan Grant

(1/445) > >>

baggie38:

--- Quote from: Baggies on August 26, 2020, 12:44:35 PM ---Madeley confirms we have agreed a £17m fee for Eze with QPR but it is all but certain he will go to Palace.

As I expected, Madeley saying we will probably go for Grant instead. Have felt since the start of the window that we will ultimately end up with Grant, although if we pay anything near the Eze fee then we are getting our pants pulled down. Eze will be a prem player for years where as Grant at the moment is firmly in the Decordova-Reid category (albeit is young enough to improve).

--- End quote ---

Grants a cracking player. Scored 19 goals in a awful Huddersfield side last season and when he joined them in the January they were in the premier league he scored 4 goals in 12 in the premier league. He is also in the final year of his contract if I've read correctly. I'd go in with 8 million but break it up into installments and add ons as we have with Eze.

Baggies:

--- Quote from: baggie38 on August 26, 2020, 12:48:12 PM ---Grants a cracking player. Scored 19 goals in a awful Huddersfield side last season and when he joined them in the January they were in the premier league he scored 4 goals in 12 in the premier league. He is also in the final year of his contract if I've read correctly. I'd go in with 8 million but break it up into installments and add ons as we have with Eze.

--- End quote ---

I'd be happy with Grant, no doubt about it, but needs to be the right price. Eze has shown himself to be a very dominant player at championship level with all of the attributes to step up in a big way. Watkins meanwhile was arguably the top striker in the division last season and follows on the success of Neal Maupay last season. Both players will fetch in the £15-£20m range.

In Grant's case, he has had a good season where you could argue he was the main focus of Huddersfield's attacks therefore got all of the attacks fed through him. His record is great and worth a look, but it is no different to Bobby Decordova-Reid 2 years back who earned a move to Cardiff in the prem and had no real impact. He has still proven to be a good player at Fulham last season, but as yet we can't tell if he is a prem level player.

With 1 yeat left on his deal (if that is the case), i'd think anything post £10m would be very hefty.

If we get him for less than £10m, it's sensible business and hats off to the club.

Baggies:

--- Quote from: baggie38 on August 26, 2020, 12:48:12 PM ---He is also in the final year of his contract if I've read correctly. I'd go in with 8 million but break it up into installments and add ons as we have with Eze.

--- End quote ---

Just checked- he still has 3 years left on his current deal, so we won't be able to take advantage of that.

I'd still be very wary of paying £15m for him after 1 decent season for a side at the bottom of the championship.

alex1:
I'd be fairly underwhelmed with Grant. He seems like one of those big forwards, fairly strong, but one paced. Watkins is in my view far more mobile and has a change of pace. Eze, although more a winger, has more flair and unpredictability about him. You need to be very sharp to take chances against Premier league defences.

wba1968-Tim:

--- Quote from: baggie38 on August 26, 2020, 12:48:12 PM ---Grants a cracking player. Scored 19 goals in a awful Huddersfield side last season and when he joined them in the January they were in the premier league he scored 4 goals in 12 in the premier league. He is also in the final year of his contract if I've read correctly. I'd go in with 8 million but break it up into installments and add ons as we have with Eze.

--- End quote ---
I would be very happy if we could get these two and blow the budget. We would still be in need of CM CB and LB through loans. Possible. Robinson in Burke out and Kroc loan to buy. Zohore has to go as does Gibbs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version