Author Topic: New kits 20/21  (Read 51290 times)

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: New kits 20/21
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »
I once sent them an email offering to sort it all from top to bottom....didn’t even get a response 😀

Probably got intercepted by the manager who thought you'd show em up.

There really isn't any excuse for the club to be this bad at this stuff year on year. I'd expect experienced amateurs to be better than this.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2020, 10:49:12 PM »
Probably got intercepted by the manager who thought you'd show em up.

There really isn't any excuse for the club to be this bad at this stuff year on year. I'd expect experienced amateurs to be better than this.
I’d say we are very poor commercially
Take the new kits.....no letters or numbers yet , so people have ordered without, very few of which will bother to get 5hem printed later
However, despite not having the numbers/letters.....they could still be takin* “advance orders” which would
A) increase the turnover
B) get the money in the bank now

Then there’s the “trilogy of kits”....hardly anyone is going to buy all 3....but if you but 2 get the 3rd half price ?....

I’m warming up 😂
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2020, 11:00:26 PM »
I’d say we are very poor commercially
Take the new kits.....no letters or numbers yet , so people have ordered without, very few of which will bother to get 5hem printed later
However, despite not having the numbers/letters.....they could still be takin* “advance orders” which would
A) increase the turnover
B) get the money in the bank now

Then there’s the “trilogy of kits”....hardly anyone is going to buy all 3....but if you but 2 get the 3rd half price ?....

I’m warming up 😂
I wouldn't want the 3rd kit if it was free. It's ghastly and thank God we may never be seen in it.

WBA.R.K

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2020, 08:30:21 AM »

I know it all comes down to preference but I am actually planning on getting all 3  :D

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #254 on: August 31, 2020, 02:20:57 PM »
Brought all 3; best trio of kits ever!

On a side note, has anyone ever brought an Albion shirt from DHGate? If so, what the hell did it look like lol....

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: August 31, 2020, 04:20:11 PM »

On a side note, has anyone ever brought an Albion shirt from DHGate? If so, what the hell did it look like lol....

Well I'll let you know I've just ordered the home and away combined for a total of £24.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #256 on: August 31, 2020, 05:20:03 PM »
Well I'll let you know I've just ordered the home and away combined for a total of £24.
That's a bargain these days. Personally I'd have got the away and third kit. There's something great about the West Brom yellow kits in my opinion.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2020, 05:48:22 PM »

Who’s DHgate ?

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2020, 06:27:41 PM »

Have you got a link please? I’ve looked at DH gate in the past and seen some good stuff but never bought anything. Copy shirts are so good these days you can’t really tell the difference.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #259 on: August 31, 2020, 06:43:41 PM »
Just google dhgate and search West Bromwich Albion and you’ll get loads.

Apparently the wait can be long and sometimes you get absolute shockers but for that price and just needed a couple of kickabout tops I thought I may give it a try

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2020, 06:54:10 PM »
I never thought I’d see the day that there was a demand for fake Albion shirts  ;D shows were back in the prem. next year on my holidays I wanna see us side by side with Barca Madrid and Man Utd on the stalls in Spain  ;D

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #261 on: August 31, 2020, 07:00:16 PM »
A Chinese site. Should we support it?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #262 on: August 31, 2020, 07:13:57 PM »
In a consumer driven world, it's called price competition.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #263 on: August 31, 2020, 07:24:29 PM »
The clubs shirts are way overpriced. £55 for something that cost £5 to make is ridiculous!
You can buy a Marc Darcy 3 piece suite for £150.00 !!
£15 tops is reasonable.
I know all clubs do it but times are changing. 
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #264 on: August 31, 2020, 10:36:19 PM »
I never thought I’d see the day that there was a demand for fake Albion shirts  ;D shows were back in the prem. next year on my holidays I wanna see us side by side with Barca Madrid and Man Utd on the stalls in Spain  ;D

A couple of years ago in Lanzarote for the first time ever I saw a fake Albion top hanging up with Chadli on the back. Only time I’ve ever seen it!

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2020, 06:02:48 PM »
Not that I think it needs much pointing out to those who post here, but for those who only read this forum:

Do be aware that any recent merchandise bought from free-for-all marketplaces like eBay or international wholesale-type places like AliExpress or DHGate are almost certainly not authentic.

]Apparently the wait can be long and sometimes you get absolute shockers but for that price and just needed a couple of kickabout tops I thought I may give it a try

Of course, if you have no issue with the often huge lead times and quality / accuracy, it's usually quite cheap (and cheerful?)
For instance clothing is rarely high risk and so it's fine. It's worth being much more cautious when buying higher value items or things that may pose hazard (like children's toys, electric scooters, etc).

I'll leave the ethics of such products to others. :-X
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2020, 07:17:50 PM »
I would be wary buying shirts for kids, the wrong materials will melt when exposed to heat and can inflict horrible burns, as an adult you know the risk / benefit (cost) and can weigh that up for yourself.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2020, 10:05:12 PM »
I would be wary buying shirts for kids, the wrong materials will melt when exposed to heat and can inflict horrible burns, as an adult you know the risk / benefit (cost) and can weigh that up for yourself.

Also, don't buy them for your kids. Better to not have one as they'll be obviously fake from a mile and kids are animals. The taunting will be terrible
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: September 03, 2020, 08:30:05 AM »
Also, don't buy them for your kids. Better to not have one as they'll be obviously fake from a mile and kids are animals. The taunting will be terrible

Yes this definitely, The playground can be a very cruel place indeed  :D

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #270 on: September 03, 2020, 08:38:52 AM »
Yes this definitely, The playground can be a very cruel place indeed  :D
not sure about the Albion ones specifically but modern fakes are absolutely bang on and in most cases unable to tell the difference short of checking labels and product codes.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2020, 09:29:32 AM »
My lad bought Barcelona and PSG shirts in Spain last year and the quality was brilliant. Came with Nike tags and looked like the real thing. It is only the badges that look a bit different but hardly noticeable. I'm going to buy a fake Albion one and see what its like. Worth the gamble at under £15.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2020, 09:34:54 AM »
My lad bought Barcelona and PSG shirts in Spain last year and the quality was brilliant. Came with Nike tags and looked like the real thing. It is only the badges that look a bit different but hardly noticeable. I'm going to buy a fake Albion one and see what its like. Worth the gamble at under £15.
last years was awful, the sleeves were totally wrong, maybe the fakers have taken more notice this year with us being  premier league now.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

Albion home kit shorts
« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2020, 10:08:19 AM »
Can anyone help , I want to know the length of the home kit shorts that are being sold in the club shop now , mods I hope this is in the right place , if not just delete it , cheers

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2020, 10:16:46 AM »
Interesting question,
How long are the shorts ?

Should it be how short are the shorts?

No idea by the way, just being an backside really !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!